Rams re-sign Copeland ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Low key good signing. Might not amount to anything long term but I'm assuming it's a fairly minimal deal and he had flashes last year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Copeland played very well especially against the run so unlike @Allen2McVay I believe this signing is a positive for the Los Angeles Rams as I look through my rose colored glasses.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The piece. Welcome back 93.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Copeland played very well especially against the run so unlike @Allen2McVay I believe this signing is a positive for the Los Angeles Rams as I look through my rose colored glasses.

Just add Adetomiwa Adebawore to that starting DL group of Donald & Bobby Brown and we should be good to go with Hoecht, Copeland, Murchison & Williams rotating. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm wondering where they see BB playing. Do they see him as a nose or a 5T. Because whichever one he's not, that's what they're probably going to target.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm wondering where they see BB playing. Do they see him as a nose or a 5T. Because whichever one he's not, that's what they're probably going to target.

Personally, I'd like to see him at nose.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also and btw I wonder if they consider Kancey if he's on the board at 36. I don't think that's gonna happen but do we take a guy who plays the same position as the best in the business. Suppose they could stick Kancey at 3T and AD on the edge on pass downs, or just have the two of them both on the rush wherever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndpuokV6ss

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Also and btw I wonder if they consider Kancey if he's on the board at 36. I don't think that's gonna happen but do we take a guy who plays the same position as the best in the business. Suppose they could stick Kancey at 3T and AD on the edge on pass downs, or just have the two of them both on the rush wherever.

That would be quite the combo, but I just don't see Kancey slipping out of the 1'st round. jmo.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just saying, the Rams have lost seven defensive starters from last year; and signed one back-up.

I DO consider re-signing Copeland to be a positive move.

Just think another 10-15 "positive-moves" are needed before things become ... well ... Positive.

But hey, it starts with one move.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Just saying, the Rams have lost seven defensive starters from last year; and signed one back-up.

I DO consider re-signing Copeland to be a positive move.

Just think another 10-15 "positive-moves" are needed before things become ... well ... Positive.

But hey, it starts with one move.
It's eight now as Taylor Rapp signed up with the Bills.

~ArkyRamsFan~

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I saw him rated as 2nd round pick prior to the Combine and then he "jumped up the boards". But we've seen that before. If he is available I'd like to see them grab him. That's a pass rusher, even if he isn't an "Edge/OLB". Really doesn't matter where the pressure comes from so long as there's pressure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually now that I think about it I should've went with "Can he play Center?"

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Well..... they did sign a guy, with a ring.
Just say'n !! :woozy2:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's eight now as Taylor Rapp signed up with the Bills.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I count seven ... Gaines, Wagner, Floyd, Ramsey, Scott, Rapp and Long.

Did I miss someone?

Considered Long and Hill, when healthy, the primary 2nd and 3rd CBs; and starters.

oldnotdead

Legend
I like Copeland but he is the essence of what a scheme player is. He was strictly a rotational DT and he played that well. In college he played DE but he lacks the speed to consistently pressure the QB so he was also played as an early down DT. He was an early down DE to stop the run in college. So will Morris use him in rotation at DE? If it were me and I was playing a Fangio style front, I'd use him as a pseudo-ILB, i.e. as a MIKE on early downs with Jones?

Frankly Copeland is what he is. A rotational DT that provides decent depth.