Rams QB Nick Foles skips start of OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...les-skips-start-offseason-training-activities
  • Jim TrotterNFL

OXNARD, Calif. -- The selection of quarterback Jared Goff in this year's draft may not have made everyone happy in the Rams organization.

Veteran quarterback Nick Foles, a regular when offseason workouts began April 18, has not participated in a team-run training session since the Rams took Goff first overall. The fifth-year pro even skipped the start of offseason training activities on Tuesday, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Sam Bradford to the Eagles, Foles signed a two-year, $24.5 million extension that included nearly $13.8 million in guarantees. He started the first nine games but was benched for Case Keenum after throwing only seven touchdowns with six interceptions and five fumbles during a 4-5 start.

Foles received a $6 million roster bonus in March and has a guaranteed base salary of $1.75 million this season. He cannot be fined for his absences because the workouts are voluntary.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I noticed that in some of the videos from OTAs. I wouldn't be happy about my position, were I in his shoes, but I would show up and make the most of it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
$ 1.75 is not that for his base salary. -------Looks like Demoff worked some magic.The Rams gave Nick Foles the keys & he crashed.
--I guess Foles sees the writing on the wall.Why should he risk injury ?? There is no reason at this point.He needs to make a statement,& he is doing it in a professional way..
---The Rams had to trade Bradford, because he was a lame duck QB coming off another knee injury.He got stale & it was a no win to keep him.His salary base is way to high .
----That is why the Goff trade(pick).Biggest issue is value & cap space. Jared is the franchised QB.Case Keenan has only a year contract, Mannion is still developing.
-----Sam Bradford rookie deal vs Jared Goff ??

fearsomefour

Legend
What a line of work to be in.
I can sign a deal with $13 + million in guarantees, play badly, then not show up? What a deal.
Cheers to being a pro.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a line of work to be in.
I can sign a deal with $13 + million in guarantees, play badly, then not show up? What a deal.
Cheers to being a pro.
To be fair, Foles took one of the worst beatings I have ever seen a QB endure, where he didn't end up injured afterwards in the Green Bay game. I cringed after a while watching it, and he was never the same afterwards playing QB. He needs to go, whether traded or cut. It's a cold blooded business, and we need the spot.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
To be fair, Foles took one of the worst beatings I have ever seen a QB endure, where he didn't end up injured afterwards in the Green Bay game. I cringed after a while watching it, and he was never the same afterwards playing QB. He needs to go, whether traded or cut. It's a cold blooded business, and we need the spot.

That game was a lot of his own fault. Foles holds the ball for way too long and has minimal mobility so he took a beating. I wish they would just let him go already.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I noticed that in some of the videos from OTAs. I wouldn't be happy about my position, were I in his shoes, but I would show up and make the most of it.

That's how I feel. If you want out that's fine..........but show up and put in the work like you originally said you would.

Call the J-E-T-S Jetsjetsjets.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
There actually may be something in the works, mutually, to where he was not expected to show up. (trade)

We shouldn't assume anything here.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good... I'd like for him to stay as far away from Goff as possible.

He's probably contagious in many ways.

No need to cut him early though... there may be a QB needy team willing to give something up for him as the off season moves along. Maybe Romo breaks his bitch bone again... who knows.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams need a 4th arm for the beginning of camp anyway, not to mention in case of injury. There is zero reason to cut him before the first cut down in TC. Now, if some team decides to trade something for him now so he can learn their playbook and they are guaranteed to get him, fine.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I don't argue he took a beating but for $13M I'll take that beating a few times.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't argue he took a beating but for $13M I'll take that beating a few times.
I'm just saying that his poor performance after that game, was due in large part to lack of confidence..He wasn't the same QB after that..and yeah, he needs to be gone

Ram65

Legend
There actually may be something in the works, mutually, to where he was not expected to show up. (trade)

We shouldn't assume anything here.

Foles is still an asset. May not have great value but could produce a return. The closer teams get to real practice and playing the more value he could have to replace an injured QB.

He should be working out on is own. You just never know what can happen.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That game was a lot of his own fault. Foles holds the ball for way too long and has minimal mobility so he took a beating. I wish they would just let him go already.
If you want to assign blame, then blame Fisher/Snead....Foles was just being himself, and they traded for his skill set, and a #2 draft pick

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was hoping Foles would attend OTA's in order to show Jared Goff on what not to do.