Rams pushing for Alex Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Reportedly Mack is looking for 5 year 50 million deal and the Falcons are strong contenders for his services. That is lot of money for a center IMO

.http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/signing-alex-mack-could-costs-falcons-50-million/nqgBM/

For $10 mil a year I say pass. This is supposed to be a pretty good draft class for centers. The problem is the Rams are so young everywhere along the line that they may not want to add another rookie starting at center too.

I want him but at $10M a year I'd have to pass as well. If he was 25 I'd say yes, but at 30 that's pretty iffy. He needs to be playing at pro bowl levels for that kind of dough.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd rather us sign Manuel Ramirez short term in free agency and draft Nick Martin.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I want him but at $10M a year I'd have to pass as well. If he was 25 I'd say yes, but at 30 that's pretty iffy. He needs to be playing at pro bowl levels for that kind of dough.

You guys are crackin me up with the "I don't want to overpay" posts. We already overpaid for Tru. We're GONNA overpay on anyone we add in FA. The Rams have, what, $45 million even after tagging Tru? They have needs and have to fill them in some combination of FA and the draft. They simply cannot draft all their needs.

Demoff will structure the hits well. IMO just relax and focus on the hole being filled man, don't sweat the cap, this ain't the Dolphins.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rather have wiz. Glad the falcons are gonna over pay for his services.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
You guys are crackin me up with the "I don't want to overpay" posts. We already overpaid for Tru. We're GONNA overpay on anyone we add in FA. The Rams have, what, $45 million even after tagging Tru? They have needs and have to fill them in some combination of FA and the draft. They simply cannot draft all their needs.

Demoff will structure the hits well. IMO just relax and focus on the hole being filled man, don't sweat the cap, this ain't the Dolphins.

You are correct we will have to overpay, but I dont want to do that with a 30 year old center with injury problems (again). I would rather overpay the few key pieces we have to resign and maybe Sean Smith or an otuside TE. However, the Rams tend to avoid the first expensive wave of FA so I am not getting my hopes up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Im a little gun shy considering the last few Alabama linemen that have come out but I don't want any part of another... There are some good centers in this draft though. The problem is that the line is some young already they need a vet leader.

I shy away in general too but I think Kelly is the real deal. Ten year starter that can play right away. Super high SPARQ scores so he is very athletic, which Fisher and Snead love to see. That is what they saw in Rhaney only he was a project. Kelly is the finished product.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I shy away in general too but I think Kelly is the real deal. Ten year starter that can play right away. Super high SPARQ scores so he is very athletic, which Fisher and Snead love to see. That is what they saw in Rhaney only he was a project. Kelly is the finished product.

Kelly is the real deal. But the Rams gotta be careful, they only have so many picks. We can say "let's draft this position" in every positional discussion, but if you add it all up it's gonna exceed the picks available.

What will be left is the Rams settling for a subpar performer. Between that and overpaying for one or two guys I opt for the latter.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Its official Mack a Falcon via twitter

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Had a tough year last season, however, he might be rejuvenated playing in his home state. I would have preferred drafting Nick Martin in the 2nd round, but that's just me.
Martin in the 2nd or 3rd could still happen!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We just wasted a very good defense the past 2 years, with a terrible offense. We need to spend on scoring points. We are going to lose some defense in the process. I would love this signing.
Now go out and grab a vet pass catcher.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
We just wasted a very good defense the past 2 years, with a terrible offense. We need to spend on scoring points. We are going to lose some defense in the process. I would love this signing.
Now go out and grab a vet pass catcher.
Not trying to be a dick, but who would that be? Who is left that is worth big F/A money? I don't see one.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I would throw a one year offer out to Boldin bout all thats left out there worth a crap
I don't know, a 35 year old WR? I wouldn't pay him more than the vet minimum, but that's JMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not trying to be a dick, but who would that be? Who is left that is worth big F/A money? I don't see one.
If Marvin Jones or T. Benjamin are still out there, I would certainly be talking to their agents.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
upload_2016-3-9_12-31-6.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Marvin Jones or T. Benjamin are still out there, I would certainly be talking to their agents.
I heard on the radio that Jones was signing with Detroit and Benjamin went to the Chargers
On the bright side, Brian Quick is still available...