Rams pushing for Alex Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having a quality vet in the middle of the young line would be good. So long as he doesn't follow the usual pattern of Ram OL signees of his body self-destructing while the ink is still drying on the contract.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I wonder how much this would cost us. He'll want 4 or 5 years and a lot of money I expect. He's 30 and we don't have a good track record of signing free agent O linemen who are approaching the back end of their careers. Its tempting but I'd steer clear personally.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I posted their interest on the free agent thread but it said they would be not be likely to meet contract demands. I hope they don't overpay.

I really would like them to be looking at DL Depth, and especially a Wide Receiver. With Hue Jackson going to Cleveland I would guess that Sanu, or Jones may follow him there, so the options are thin.

Maybe Tulloch or Whitehead for LB depth would be good too.

And now a guy like Pacman or Hayward in the secondary because I have serious doubts that Gaines will be back to form by next year, and if he is it is still a gamble on his foot staying good all season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is good news. The rest of the oline is on chump change so paying a proven stud at center is a good move.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe the change would inspire him and he would get back to his old form. When Rodney Hudson went to the Raiders it completely transformed their Oline.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Had a tough year last season, however, he might be rejuvenated playing in his home state. I would have preferred drafting Nick Martin in the 2nd round, but that's just me.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I don't want to sound dumb , but would Mack be that much of a impact over what we have now and pay millions over x amount of years.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The Rams finally have money to spend to bring in good players and people don't want them to spend the money?

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
haha Im right though

No, don't want to spend an obscene amount of money on someone past the mid-point of their career, who did not have a great year last year, and would not upgrade the position proportionately to the amount of $$ spent. This teams has a lot holes to fill much bigger than center. Spend where needed.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
No, don't want to spend an obscene amount of money on someone past the mid-point of their career, who did not have a great year last year, and would not upgrade the position proportionately to the amount of $$ spent. This teams has a lot holes to fill much bigger than center. Spend where needed.
He would be a huge upgrade in a position that is immensely important to the offense. Center was a weak spot on the line and he is one of the best in the league.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
He would be a huge upgrade in a position that is immensely important to the offense. Center was a weak spot on the line and he is one of the best in the league.

Your opinion....Agree to disagree...there are stats out there that show that's not the case

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I'm scared Mack is another o-lineman we're going to sign out of desperation who is beyond his prime years. Snisher doesn't have a good track record with free agent o-lineman so far. Hope I'm wrong.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm torn on this. On one hand, he could be our Scott Wells and just be completely awful and injured. And another hand, it would be a big upgrade to the Oline in madden. Hmm....