Rams players you were wrong about

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to say who exceeded my expectations, I've had a tendency to drink the kool aid.
Guys who busted that I thought were going to be good? There's a list but surely Brian Leonard is at the top of it

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Kurt Warner:

News: Trent Green is out with a season-ending knee injury in a preseason game.
Me: Well crap, there goes the season.

Tano

Legend
Hard to say who exceeded my expectations, I've had a tendency to drink the kool aid.
Guys who busted that I thought were going to be good? There's a list but surely Brian Leonard is at the top of it
I absolutely hated that pick.

A backup fullback in the second round? WTH!!

I also hated two tight ends drafted right around then too.

Tano

Legend
Kurt Warner:

My brother and I were in Vegas about to bet on the Rams that year - and we forgot to before we left.

I probably would have torn up the ticket when Trent went down.

SAK11

Rookie
Tavon for me, I loved him in college and was psyched when he ended up on the Rams. He had a great game early in his career against the Colts and I thought that was the start of his greatness. I made a lot of excuses for him over the years- the offense sucks, they don’t know how to use him, revolving door of QBs, a lot of his big plays got called back because of penalties, etc.
Inevitably, he’s so weak, doesn’t have very good hands, never developed much as a route runner, and too often had twinkle toes, not moving forward with the ball. Pretty much, with some time and space he’s dangerous, but he’s just a gadget player, much less than I thought he’d be.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Jimmy Kennedy was going to be the real deal. I was so excited when we drafted him.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Well, I didn't like the Larry Brooks pick very much given that we invested a lot in the defense one year earlier when we picked Jack Youngblood, Isaiah Robertson and Nolan Cromwell, but I was wrong.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kurt Warner:

Well, @Prime Time many of us felt the same way, however, Jim Mora, Senior gave me hope because in scrimmaging against the Rams being Head Coach of the Colts, Mora in an interview with ESPN (radio) kept saying, that Warner guy keeps making plays, he'll be their guy and they won't sign Jeff Hostetler which was the rumor.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I absolutely hated that pick.

A backup fullback in the second round? WTH!!

I also hated two tight ends drafted right around then too.

What about that TE from like Colorado?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, @Prime Time many of us felt the same way, however, Jim Mora, Senior gave me hope because in scrimmaging against the Rams being Head Coach of the Colts, Mora in an interview with ESPN (radio) kept saying, that Warner guy keeps making plays, he'll be their guy and they won't sign Jeff Hostetler which was the rumor.

I had a couple big bets on the first game & Super Bowl.

There was no way of getting the Future bet back , but first game at home against Baltimore I kept . Warner played well in his last preseason game. He was a good game manager. The defense was good & the home crowd.

The Rams team was pretty good all around though . Freaking Trent Green was 8 for 8 when he got cheap shoted by the dirties player in the NFL Rodney Harrison

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wrong about Lamarcus Joyner was ticked the Rams traded up to get him bypassing drafting Jimmy Garoppolo and giving up a 5th round pick where they could have drafted QB A.J. McCarron which would have been far better insurance for Sam Bradford.

Mo Alexander, really thought, it was a great rags to riches story, but Mo could not cover a bed.

HECK Yeah- especially coming off another Surgery. Add his Freaking contract as well.

Tano

Legend
What about that TE from like Colorado?
Sorry my memory is failing me - Who was from Colorado?

Just looked it up - that's the guy I am referring to.

The 2006 draft has got to go down in history as the worst draft by a team for how many picks we made and ALL were busts.

Started the run to futility for a LONG 5 Years - worst record by a team ever for a 5 year period

That draft was our curse

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The name that shall not be spoken :LOL:
Kliferstein ??

Freaking Ty Hill & Joe Klopfenstein

That was the most F’d up draft ever for The Rams.
— Stupid Tory Holt got involved with that pick as well(Ty Hill) he wanted to be like Cory Chavoues & be a draftnik.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Chris Long.

His footwork was so awful coming out of Virginia that I couldn't see him even with that motor making plays.

Granted, even he admitted after his first season that his footwork was terrible, but he improved way more than I thought.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Marcus Roberson - thought he was a solid pick up and showed flashes, thought he was gonna rise, boy was I wrong

Marcus Dupree - i thought he was gonna be the second coming. I was wrong

Cleveland Gary - loved the guy out of Miami, not as good as I had hopes

Tony Banks - argh

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adam Archeleta and Damien Lewis. Make it go away

That wasn’t that bad really . The Rams got a Big time pick for D. Lewis.

Tommy Polley at 42
Brian Allen at 81

The biggest mistake was JZ letting Ryan Pickett sign with Green Bay !! The Rams should have went with a3/4 then with Linehan & Hasseltt

Tano

Legend
Marcus Roberson - thought he was a solid pick up and showed flashes, thought he was gonna rise, boy was I wrong

Marcus Dupree - i thought he was gonna be the second coming. I was wrong

Cleveland Gary - loved the guy out of Miami, not as good as I had hopes

Tony Banks - argh
Cleveland Gary had a couple good years though.