Rams players you were wrong about

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So a memory popped up on my phone today about Todd Gurleys rookie season. I was so pissed when they took him. We had Tre Mason and I was sure he was the answer. Boy was I wrong. On the other side, I really believed Stedman Bailey was the next whoever and would be an absolute stud. Thought he was much better then Austin. But never really developed into that top receiver. Although we all know what held him back for the most part.

So my question to you Ramily, who are the players you:
A) Thought would bust, but ended up being good.
B) Thought would be great and ended up failing to meet expectations.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was so very happy that we drafted Brent Jones. I thought he was the future at center, not a guy who would wash out like he has.

Edit yes Barrett.

Last edited:

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Was on the Tavon bandwagon when he came out but we drastically over drafted him. He has never developed into a WR.

HellRam

Starter
That's funny you mentioned Gurley. I felt the same way. I was hoping for Deventa Parker that draft. I was a fan Mason and Stacy. After Stacy's rookie year I thought he was going to be our poor mans Frank Gore. Those dudes should did burned out fast.

For me Tavon and Ogltree have been some of the bigger disappointments. I wouldn't call them bust but I thought they would be bigger difference makers. I was all in on Tavon.

Hard not to like what the Rams have done draft wise since Snead has been around. That kind of makes this harder lol.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First off , I Hated The Greg Robinson pick !!

Really wanted to trade back .The Best OT & WR class in awhile.

That said I never thought The Rams we’re going to end up with Another Jason Smith !!
This guy was younger, SEC guy who both Fisher & Snead has connections to.

It was either Maylock & or Gruden who really did not like his tape. Was holding all the time in college & got away with it.

Plus then I hated moving up to get Joyner that year as well. Just frustrating.

Same with Tavon — liked the pick if he would have made it to The Rams instead of the trade. Thought he would have been a better WR , like a DEsean Jackson. His 40 does not show on the field unless he is full speed. Never thought he could get tackled so easy as well. He is bulked up , but does not run with power at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tavon Austin
Brian Quick....loved the pick then. All the measurables except between the ears
John Johnson....pick made no sense to me and I didn't see his value. I do now.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Also an old 1st rounder I just remembered. Trung Canidate. Thought he was gonna be a really good RB coming out of Arizona.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like some others, Tavon.

I remember watching the draft with my brother and my best friend and when the Rams traded up I KNEW it would be Tavon. I was so pumped.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Lawerence Phillips. Just typing his name leaves me speechless, what a fucking waste.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was all about Robert Quinn and janoris Jenkins. I was also all about tavon

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wrong about Lamarcus Joyner was pissed the Rams traded up to get him bypassing drafting Jimmy Garoppolo and giving up a 5th round pick where they could have drafted QB A.J. McCarron which would have been far better insurance for Sam Bradford.

Mo Alexander, really thought, it was a great rags to riches story, but Mo could not cover a bed.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Lawrence Phillips - I thought he was awesome in college and would be the next Dickerson for the Rams! I remember how I had put college players onto the Rams back in the day - "Front Page Football Sports" and each guy I did became a stud = Faulk, Pace and a few others. Then Phillips missed so badly that even with my predictions being solid after, I never talked much about who I thought would be great!

Greg Robinson had me screaming bust with mental images of Jason Smith. Nailed that prediction and partially nailed the Gurley pick. I must say that Joyner tricked me as I thought he was a bust.

Tano

Legend
Craig Dahl

On the serious side - I was all in on the Tavon Austin draft and I thought John Johnson was a waste of a 3rd round pick since I felt we had no one backing up Trumaine and Kayvon if someone got hurt. I felt there were other 3rd round CBs who would be more beneficial. I felt John Johnson would be a back up at most with McDonald and Joyner starting. Boy was I wrong about McDonald last year even though when he was drafted I felt a better pick would have been a QB to back up Bradford.

I also thought Greg Robinson would be better than he was.

As to Ogletree, I felt he did a good job in a 4-3 but was completely out of place in a 3-4.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Barrett Jones. Thought he'd be s stud for us for the next 10 years.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Heisman Trophy winner, Eric Crouch. I thought he was going to have a successful career in the NFL. Boy, was I wrong.