Rams place franchise tag on Trumaine Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the move. Seems to me JJ is poisoning himself on the Rams which is sad considering he is the perfect LA "player" and would have provided seasons of hilariously unwise tweets.

I think the Rams might be drawing a line in the sand. Get real or move on because we are. I also don't think JJ is going to take this very well at all.

My only hope is that being on a fantastic defense and in LA is enough draw for him to be reasonable, but when has he ever been reasonable?

I still have him down as being most likely to be broke by the time he's 35.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Man, the pure hate for the whiners I have. Hanks and he's dumb dance makes my blood boil still!!!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Man, the pure hate for the whiners I have. Hanks and he's dumb dance makes my blood boil still!!!

You know, that reminds me. It's been awhile since the last time I watched the Rams VS Niners from the 99 season. Time to pull that up again. LOL!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
believing himself to be the type of shutdown player that 22 touchdowns surrendered over the past four seasons belies

that is my biggest fear with him, that when he gets his big contract (top 5) and leads the NFL next year on TD surrendered.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Could be but do you think they would offer JJ $9M per for 5 and then think TruJo is worth more than that?
It's possible. JJ was great in coverage but IMO - his size was a bit of a liability in the red zone. They may very well have valued Tru over JJ.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's possible. JJ was great in coverage but IMO - his size was a bit of a liability in the red zone. They may very well have valued Tru over JJ.
I have to say I have disagreed with all of the evaluations saying JJ was the #1 guy and rating him over TruJo. As -X- pointed out JJ did not take on the opposing #1 guy every week all over the field. This year he was better than in previous years, had to take the"toast" label off for the most part. But, if you want to get paid like the best you need to play like the best for the whole contract not just the last year.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
IMO the Rams tagged the right guy. Tru22 has shown that he is a team guy, where as Jenks is more of a risk to tag for that kinda $ and have him do somethin stupid/selfish and the Rams left to look like fools. I would like to see Jenks remain a Ram, but doubt the Rams will want to get in a bidding battle when they have depth and a good draft class at CB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to say I have disagreed with all of the evaluations saying JJ was the #1 guy and rating him over TruJo. As -X- pointed out JJ did not take on the opposing #1 guy every week all over the field. This year he was better than in previous years, had to take the"toast" label off for the most part. But, if you want to get paid like the best you need to play like the best for the whole contract not just the last year.
I'm still not saying that Tru is a better pure CB than JJ. They both stepped up their game this season but unfortunately, JJ both wasn't targeted enough to see if he would have matched the improvement we saw in Tru but JJ also stepped up his look at me game with the whole clamps crap. I don't have a problem with bravado but I'd rather see it in the form of making plays. Tru made more plays this season and his size is a big plus IMO. I just think JJ has a huge potential for buying into his own hype to the direction of getting burned for it.