Rams owner Stan Kroenke won more than just L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wish you'd learn to use the blue font trick when making such ridiculous jokes.
I know the blue font trick, I wish you would learn to be not so negative.

Kronke has been part of the organization since they moved to StL and the full owner for years now and through all of the problems with the EJD no one from the St Louis media could get close enough to him to get interviews? Really?? He seemed to open up pretty good for this article.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I know the blue font trick, I wish you would learn to be not so negative.

Kronke has been part of the organization since they moved to StL and the full owner for years now and through all of the problems with the EJD no one from the St Louis media could get close enough to him to get interviews? Really?? He seemed to open up pretty good for this article.
I'm pretty sure you're not that dense. Stop posting like it. You're just trolling STL folks now. Lay off the bullshit, please.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah honestly the StL media is bush league and apparently had no clue how to get an interview with the man. Now less than a month after they are moving to LA and an article like this comes out. Pretty simple.

From my understanding, he didn't grant anyone interviews... Anyone, I don't think it was anyone in the city being unable to get it, but rather Kroenke not wanting to give them.. He's only giving them now because it's a pretty big deal, and he wants to make the market work... Expect him to go the way of Anschutz pretty shortly and be back in the shadows... At least until Inglewood opens.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm pretty sure you're not that dense. Stop posting like it. You're just trolling STL folks now. Lay off the bullcrap, please.
Take you insults too another forum that kind of crap is not welcomed here.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
From my understanding, he didn't grant anyone interviews... Anyone, I don't think it was anyone in the city being unable to get it, but rather Kroenke not wanting to give them.. He's only giving them now because it's a pretty big deal, and he wants to make the market work... Expect him to go the way of Anschutz pretty shortly and be back in the shadows... At least until Inglewood opens.
That may be true but who do we get that information from. The guys not getting the interview? Did they piss him off before trying to win his graces? I guess only time will tell if he goes back to hidden or not. Apparently he has done interviews for his other teams

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-cross-stan-kroenkes-interview-2309875

And has had a pretty good reputation as an owner in other interests

https://www.pepsicenter.com/kse/company/executive-team/e-stanley-kroenke/

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The wounds are still fresh for Missouri folks and some Rams fans, so posting the name Stan Kroenke is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Maybe it would be a good idea to be extra sensitive to that at least for the time being.

I'm pretty sure you're not that dense. Stop posting like it. You're just trolling STL folks now. Lay off the bullcrap, please.

Let the mods decide who is trolling. Send us a mod report if you feel that's the case. Thanks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One thing Stan Kroenke will never understand is emotion.

Since I don't personally know the man, I won't assume anything about him good, bad or indifferent. I just know he brought the Rams back to LA and I'm happy about that.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Since I don't personally know the man, I won't assume anything about him good, bad or indifferent. I just know he brought the Rams back to LA and I'm happy about that.

Well, you're coming from a completely different perspective then, aren't you? If I was from where you're from, I'd feel the same way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The wounds are still fresh for Missouri folks and some Rams fans, so posting the name Stan Kroenke is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Maybe it would be a good idea to be extra sensitive to that at least for the time being.
I'd feel bad if most of the time they didn't bring it on themselves. Constant little jabs, childish name calling and just spreading lies and misinformation end up bringing on retorts and the situation escalates. If they don't want to hear positives about the man the solution is clear.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, you're coming from a completely different perspective then, aren't you? If I was from where you're from, I'd feel the same way.

Yeah,while I'm happy they're back to where it all began for me I know the STL people are hurt and angry. I get it. Its a shame that for every winner there has to be a loser.

There will always be a place in my heart for the St. Louis Rams. They had the GSOT, although it was much too brief and in opinion the downfall was a result of mismanagement from Zygmunt all the way to Georgia. But thats ancient history.

I don't know if the Rams will be a winner or not. And I won't assume Kroenke is a great owner and will bring greatness. Just as Stl. people shouldn't assume he's a terrible owner and will bring misery. That more wishful thinking on both sides. I just know I've always been a Rams fans and I will continue to follow them through the offseason and regular season like I always have. And I will hope next season will be different like I always do.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That may be true but who do we get that information from. The guys not getting the interview? Did they pee pee him off before trying to win his graces? I guess only time will tell if he goes back to hidden or not. Apparently he has done interviews for his other teams

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-cross-stan-kroenkes-interview-2309875

And has had a pretty good reputation as an owner in other interests

https://www.pepsicenter.com/kse/company/executive-team/e-stanley-kroenke/

He doesn't give very many... I don't think that's a bad thing, but I don't think it's any reflection on any reporters... There were St Louis reporters I liked and some I didn't like.. Some have moved from like to dislike since the relocation issue came to a front, others didn't... I wouldn't pin blame to them for not getting an interview when Stan wasn't granting them... LA times tried as well, and he refused, he only granted an interview once the issue was settled. Now, there were reports of some St Louis media essentially attacking him at the NFL meeting, and I'm sure that didn't make him feel happy to sit down with any of them, but for those who were professional, to blame them is wrong in my opinion.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She left the team in a crumbling p.o.s. stadium.

i just don't get this comment. i've only been there once and was worried i was going to a dump because many people had said the same thing about it. when i got inside i was impressed with how clean and modern the stadium looked. i'm not sure why people say it's a dump. sure it will pale in comparison to all the new stadiums but it doesn't mean it's a terrible stadium at all. i liked it.

Ramatik

Starter
i just don't get this comment. i've only been there once and was worried i was going to a dump because many people had said the same thing about it. when i got inside i was impressed with how clean and modern the stadium looked. i'm not sure why people say it's a dump. sure it will pale in comparison to all the new stadiums but it doesn't mean it's a terrible stadium at all. i liked it.

To be clear, I have never been there. So, maybe it was a wonderful stadium. But from what I had read, especially over the last year from many who had been there was that it was in a bad way. Way below standards. I'd heard a few "season ticket" holders complaining about it. But okay... I don't know, so I can let that go. I do know that arbitration said $700 million to fix it up and make it top tier was about right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I've been to 5 stadiums now in my travels over the years, and one of them was Jerruh Land. Every stadium, including the one in STL, is a dump by comparison. I hear the one in Arizona is nice, so maybe some of our AZ members can comment on that. But yeah, the one in STL was just kind of meh to me. That said, I really didn't give a shit about how it looked, because it was 2001 and the Rams were on a roll, so the place was positively electric.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd feel bad if most of the time they didn't bring it on themselves. Constant little jabs, childish name calling and just spreading lies and misinformation end up bringing on retorts and the situation escalates. If they don't want to hear positives about the man the solution is clear.

Surely you are aware that what you are describing is a two way street?

Right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Interesting dynamic happening here.

People who like Kroenke are offended by those who are calling him (figuratively) a POS.
People who dislike Kroenke are offended by those who are calling him (figuratively) a Saint.

Actually, it's not interesting at all. It's a trench war that can't be won, because there is no correct way to view the guy.
So maybe those who are now entrenched in this battle can take it easy on the collateral damage they're inflicting.
You know, because that would be cool.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

People who like Kroenke are offended by those who are calling him (figuratively) a POS.
People who dislike Kroenke are offended by those who are calling him (figuratively) a Saint.

Actually, it's not interesting at all. It's a trench war that can't be won, because there is no correct way to view the guy.
So maybe those who are now entrenched in this battle can take it easy on the collateral damage they're inflicting.

Well said.

cheers.gif

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

++++++++++++++++++++1

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Your post got me to wondering how many members at ROD visit other Rams forums where there is little to no moderation and where this topic has become a free-for-all, and then carry those bad feelings here?

It's like going to your neighbors house that's filled with monkeys throwing crap at each other 24/7. Then you come here and the stink is still on you.

Yx4qO6i.jpg