Rams owner Stan Kroenke won more than just L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Didn't Kroenke try and buy the Dodgers a few years ago

I wonder what would have happened to the Rams if Kroenke would have bought the Dodger , would Kroenke still have been able to afford moving the Rams to LA

Easily.

MrMotes

Starter
Yeah, in fact, Demoff made it pretty clear in an interview that the play for the Dodgers was about moving the Rams to L.A., which is what many of us figured at the time...

MrMotes

Starter
Oh good grief, are we going to go around in that circle yet again. Yes, the original lease was a dumb one for STL to have ever agreed to. And yes, by the letter of the law, they failed to live up to it.

Yep.

And let's not forget, it's entirely possible that St. Louis would never have gotten a 2nd NFL team without the top-tier clause. It served its purpose at the time...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This thread....
tumblr_lky5llDXkY1qe0eclo1_500.gif

FrankenRam

Starter
No, I agree there could be ways to beat that, but him signing an agreement to that would make it much harder to beat in court.

Again, most said it was about legacy and wanting to set up his family long after he's gone. Of course money factored in, as well as making the Rams an international brand, but it wasn't just simply money. Kroenke isn't Scrooge McDuck here.

That's your opinion. And possible. But one doesn't have to be a butthurt, whiny STL fan, to make the case, and see the possibility, that he is precisely that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Please take note...

We have never been OK with posters taking pot shots at members of the Ram Staff or Players. Why some of you think we will be fine with posts basically shitting on Stan is very frustrating.

Going forward, please be advised that posts of this nature will have consequences.

Thank you.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's your opinion. And possible. But one doesn't have to be a butthurt, whiny STL fan, to make the case, and see the possibility, that he is precisely that.

I've never said such things about St Louis posters, I only suggest that it's far fetched to say he'd move/sell at the drop of a hat barring some insane event, and that Kroenke isn't a bad guy just for making a business decision. It sucks, and we can all agree, but people are acting as if he'd try to start up the Third Reich if someone offered him a dollar, and sell his family into slavery for 2. It's just not an accurate depiction of the man. The St Louis government isn't Jesus, Kroenke isn't Lucifer, they're all just people who made choices which they felt were better for themselves. If St Louis thought they could get away with offering up a stadium for free without political ramifications, you bet your ass they would have done it.

FrankenRam

Starter
I've never said such things about St Louis posters, I only suggest that it's far fetched to say he'd move/sell at the drop of a hat barring some insane event, and that Kroenke isn't a bad guy just for making a business decision. It sucks, and we can all agree, but people are acting as if he'd try to start up the Third Reich if someone offered him a dollar, and sell his family into slavery for 2. It's just not an accurate depiction of the man. The St Louis government isn't Jesus, Kroenke isn't Lucifer, they're all just people who made choices which they felt were better for themselves. If St Louis thought they could get away with offering up a stadium for free without political ramifications, you bet your ass they would have done it.

The part of my comment you're responding to was not directed at you personally, and I apologize if it came across that way. It was just a general sentiment that seems to be emanating from the exceedingly rose colored glasses LA side as the STL 'Third Reich' perspective you perceive.

tonyl711

Starter
EJD may be "far from a dump" but it was not kept up to the standard the contract agreed to. They gave the opening for the Rams to move saying they could not afford to upgrade the ELD.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...request-to-upgrade-edward-jones-dome-rejected

A reporter handed the assignment of covering a professional sports franchise has been though enough to figure out how to deal with the angles and get close to the right people in the organization. It is their job to figure it out. If you want to take that stance you are welcome to it. I think they could have and should have done more and better. You don't have to agree with me.
show me ANY interviews with Kroenke, not just St Louis media but national media as well, he wasnt talking, to ANYONE.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
show me ANY interviews with Kroenke, not just St Louis media but national media as well, he wasnt talking, to ANYONE.
Go to this thing call google and have a ball, I really don't care what the excuse is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am just checking in here. Did we get anywhere with any of this? No? Shocking. I see more posts from members wanting this to just die than any real discussion. I think it is time for this thread to fade to black.

Go RAMS!!!