Rams need to let go of the past and cut WR Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want Brian Quick on the roster in 2016?

• Total voters

RamzFanz

Damnit
Is Brian Quick an NFL caliber competitor?
Does he win those 1 on 1 battles for the ball vs JAG DB's who are 5'11" 190 lbs ?
Has he made any clutch plays in 4 years?
Does he have any leadership qualities as a 4 year vet?
Can he make the difficult catch?

I just don't see it. I see a guy who plays much smaller than he is both mentally and especially physically. He's like that quiet kid who gets picked first in the schoolyard because he's bigger than everyone else and LOOKS like a beast but can't really play.

BUT...he did improve a lot playing his size with Britt mentoring him before the injury. A small glimmer of hope.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
What are the chances we carry 7 "Receivers", and 3 RBs (Gurley, Benny and Malcom or Chase, with that kid Green and/or Malcom on the PS) since Tavon is used so much in the backfield, and Harkey is practically a FB?

In that case:
Tavon
Britt
Quick
Cooper
Thomas
Spruce
Williams/Marquez

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
7 pages on whether or not to cut Quick.

7 pages ...:palm:

RamWoodie

Legend
The first thing the Rams need to do is realize they have size in Britt and Quick...neither guy is a burner, but properly used, THEY CAN BURN YOU!

With those two guys it's not a matter of stretching the field. You use big physical guys in the short to mid range pass game and beat up the CBs on the other team.

If they don't figure that out...forget it!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Receiving coach Groh told Willie McGinnis today that he's satisfied with the weapons on this roster:deadhorse:, specifically mentioned Quick:wow: & Britt :banana:to big willie....

What's the odds now 43 that B Quickie is on the roster? Hell, I see him starting:yess:....:mrburnsevil::bueller:

Don't get me wrong, Champ.

I'm pulling for Quick to blow up this camp. Hell, I am a Ram fan, after all.

I just don't share your conviction about him, however. He's really gotta win me over. I hope he does.

But he's been Lucy with the football vs Charlie Brown for 4 years now. So excuse me if I'm a little skeptical, man.

Besides, it appears that we have viable alternative WR options that go 8 deep. Sooooo...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Got something better to discuss as we await the first preseason game, Vegas? Lol.

No. Just an observation. Thought it was kinda' funny, but your point is well taken.

I AM however, going down to LA Saturday to watch the first NFL throw Goff makes in what is going to be a Hall of Fame career as the Rams franchise quarterback. :rockon:

So there :boxing:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't get me wrong, Champ.

I'm pulling for Quick to blow up this camp. Hell, I am a Ram fan, after all.

I just don't share your conviction about him, however. He's really gotta win me over. I hope he does.

But he's been Lucy with the football vs Charlie Brown for 4 years now. So excuse me if I'm a little skeptical, man.

Besides, it appears that we have viable alternative WR options that go 8 deep. Sooooo...

Exactly. We don't hate the guy but he deserves to have his doubters after4 years of nothing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
. He's really gotta win me over.

he deserves to have his doubters after4 years of nothing.
Of course....they all do in my opinion....rather, a bunch of the players on offense, and a handful of the "new" defensive starters....My evil eye stretches far and wide...it's been a lil narrow on the offensive players because it's been squarely focused on the quarterback for 3 years now...
please, critique him at will now....
images
5e5c977d7c51e1680198339667db9470.jpg
:popcorn:

nanotech

Rookie
Wow! This thread has way more legs than I thought it would. I'm gonna call Fisher for the answer.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just laid 4 gees on my boy Quickie....get my season off right....
Now I gotta make a post or something...I'm broke again...

…..

Legend
7 pages on whether or not to cut Quick.

7 pages ...:palm:

Exactly what I stopped in here to say.

I'm in the "He stays if he's one of the best 6 receivers" camp. If he isnt, then cut him like an other player.