Rams lowballed OBJ…according to OBJ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Why do you think no team has signed him? 17 injuries in his career is why. Only some badly run team like the Browns is going to commit to that kind of money on a guy that can't stay healthy. People focus on his knees but those 17 injuries haven't all been knees. He's never been healthy his entire NFL career and that is why he's a FA.

The Rams don't need another injury prone player. If they sign him they would need to reserve a space on the IR list for him because it's only a matter of time, not if, before he gets hurt again. Don't forget he was hurt 3 times in the short time he was with the Rams. OBJ has had problems with his hip, ankles, and ACL so it's not just his knees.

What good is an elite player who is constantly getting hurt?

F. Mulder

Starter
I like OBJ but with the cap sit the Rams are in, his age and injury history and the very risky chance he can make a diff IF we make the playoffs, I say pass unless it is a contingent deal or a lower price, lower year deal (which he is not interested in at all-he knows this is his last payday and wants to milk it for all it’s worth)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is 2019 all over again only Stafford isn't taking the heat like Goff did behind one of the worst OLs in the NFL.
No instead he's got us 3-3 somehow and in the race for the division through six games.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Now Greedy Von flat out said he is signing with the Bills. Something to the extent of "I'm telling you he is signing here with the bills" he is adamant about it says he knows.

Odell trending so you can see it on Twitter.
I just got lazy and I'm irritated Vons an annoyance I can't wait til it snows 3 feet in Buffalo great for his old self and if Obj does sign there it wouldn't be best for recovering 2 time operated ACL. Let's not even talk cold.
Either way though love obj sad how it ended if indeed it ends but Von ty again and stfu.

Last edited:

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
I'll be honest, I thought obj was done when he went to Cleveland. He was barely targeted until he got here. The Rams got him targets and he looked great.

Now he's 30 coming off 2 knee surgeries and wants 11 Mill a year. Are the bills going to pay that? The bills already have a fine receiving group so he may not get many targets their either.

What a shit off-season. First Von had no intentions of coming back, the top pick is out for the year, the 2 guys the brought back are hurt again and now obj may fly the coup as well.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm gonna be so pissed if he doesn't return tbh, we need that energy and "swagger" on the offense

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm gonna be so pissed if he doesn't return tbh, we need that energy and "swagger" on the offense
I agree and he can get separation on those quick slants that we don't run lol.

I'm trying to keep expectation low or nil that he returns hope Mcvay was right but if he does leave I hope he screws Von over and yes I will be rooting against the bills.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If it's news regarding where he's signing I highly doubt it's us anymore.
There's no chance. Him and Von are literally best friends he'll be in Buffalo soon. I called it as soon as Von decided to bounce, that ultimately we'd lose OBJ too. Our team being bad an injured I think doesn't matter as much as people think.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I agree and he can get separation on those quick slants that we don't run lol.

I'm trying to keep expectation low or nil that he returns hope Mcvay was right but if he does leave I hope he screws Von over and yes I will be rooting against the bills.
Yep! I feel we don't run those because of the skill set we have at WR too.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The question is maybe we are focusing too much on OBJ and not looking at other words that are younger/healthier don't know who that is it's just a thought. I know he knows the system a plug and play guy we all get it except that the short term the acquisition of OBJ will be easy and seemingly seamless until another injury and we could be on the hook for Gurley $.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
KC just cleared $3.455M in cap. Speculation is that it’s for OBJ

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I don't know, they have to make some kind of move for a RB imo. And not someone from the practice squad.
Yeah they have work to do. Limited tradable assets and cap is going to really hold us back.

Tano

Legend
No instead he's got us 3-3 somehow and in the race for the division through six games.
Um what - we were in the playoff race the entire year in 2019 - we were out on a bad play by Rapp in the last game. I still don't know what Rapp was doing near the sideline and no one within 15 yards of him on that play.