Rams Looking at QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
why would someone lie or push a fake news about sean mannion?

Not posting fake news, but it could be opinion. In his eyes the Rams are working out those QB's for some reason and thus he tweets concern about Mannion or someone within the organization leaks it to him because of the Dickerson story about Mannion over Goff.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
his alter ego on footballs future, reality_check, is useless but
benjamin albright is a good scoop guy.

why would someone lie or push a fake news about sean mannion?
It has nothing to do with a lie or fake news, but we on this board follows this team as much as anyone and this is the first time anything has been said about them not liking Mannion right after ED said they should start him lol. So yeah a coach could have said that but could also have said it in Jest about the ED story we have no context in which that statement was made when everything else points to the exact opposite

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how he explained that:

As I've said previously, I used to post on a different forum with the guy. He does seem to get some inside info from the Rams, but that doesn't guarantee accuracy for every take.

He just contradicted everything Snead himself has said about Mannion about how the team liked him and thought they got a really good value. McVay himself is on recording during the interview in Washington about how he liked Mannion coming out of college how they was actually viewing his film in case they had a chance to draft him.

To me if I'm a new coach and I wasn't sure about a QB on the roster I'm bringing in someone I'm more familiar with instead of a Dan, no one would have blamed McVay at all for doing that in fact that would have been the best thing to do.

To say the new staff didn't have enough time to evaluate Mannion is bs to me. They had OTAS they had last year preseason performance and like I stated McVay has been following Mannion since college and the senior bowl

KOWALSKI

Rookie
It has nothing to do with a lie or fake news, but we on this board follows this team as much as anyone and this is the first time anything has been said about them not liking Mannion right after ED said they should start him lol. So yeah a coach could have said that but could also have said it in Jest about the ED story we have no context in which that statement was made when everything else points to the exact opposite
yeah right, because this forum is so much in the know.
even the guys from cali who cover the rams right now are pretty much useless for infos.
klein is so horrible. gonzales first job is to cover the angles and dodgers. but we fans should know whats going on.
the only time ben was wrong in the last couples of years was when he said mcvay likes these wrs, right before we said goodbye to quick and britt.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah right, because this forum is so much in the know.
even the guys from cali who cover the rams right now are pretty much useless for infos.
klein is so horrible. gonzales first job is to cover the angles and dodgers. but we fans should know whats going on.
the only time ben was wrong in the last couples of years was when he said mcvay likes these wrs, right before we said goodbye to quick and britt.

Maybe you wouldn't maybe you're not one of the fans I'm talking about. It plenty of times someone on this board was able to tell what was going on when no other beat reporter could. I'm not saying the guy is wrong but all the info from the coaches to the GM has been entirely different.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
And if you don't think that reporters read the two or three top blog sites looking for ideas and fan opinions?

You would be incorrect. :D

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think signing of Orlovsky is the tell tail sign they are looking to upgrade Mannion. Not that I think highly of Orlovsky. They are probably not comfortable with the lack of over all experience in the QB room. Their just doing due diligence on the QBs that they are currently looking at in case of injury or something.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He just contradicted everything Snead himself has said about Mannion about how the team liked him and thought they got a really good value. McVay himself is on recording during the interview in Washington about how he liked Mannion coming out of college how they was actually viewing his film in case they had a chance to draft him.

To me if I'm a new coach and I wasn't sure about a QB on the roster I'm bringing in someone I'm more familiar with instead of a Dan, no one would have blamed McVay at all for doing that in fact that would have been the best thing to do.

To say the new staff didn't have enough time to evaluate Mannion is bs to me. They had OTAS they had last year preseason performance and like I stated McVay has been following Mannion since college and the senior bowl

That's the point he's making. They had OTAs and didn't like what they saw. I don't know if it's true or not.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the point he's making. They had OTAs and didn't like what they saw. I don't know if it's true or not.

Yea I don't know either, all the reports from OTAS were positive. I would be just as blindsided if this was about Goff I feel like this just came out of no where

bluecoconuts

Legend
It sounds like the underlying theme is that Fisher wanted Mannion, which makes sense. There were rumors that he and Snead disagreed on who to take between Wentz and Goff as well, which makes sense as well.

The past few years our defense has been drafting consistently, build from the inside out, start with the line and dominate, and then go from there. Offense? Not so much, we've gotten guys who fit into a run offense (Gurley, Mannion, etc) and then guys who aren't (Austin, Goff, etc), it came from a difference in philosophy. Snead came from Atlanta, an offense built around the QB that loves to pass, Fisher is all about a run heavy team.

That's why they kept Snead, they got him a coach that also wants a high scoring offense built around the QB. Mannion is a perfect Fisher QB, someone who's a solid game manager, like Keenum. They're not going to do anything amazing, but they're not going to be making critical mistakes all the time either. Snead wants to built an offense that needs a QB that can make it happen, carry the team, McVay wants to install an offense that does the same thing. Even Dan Orlovsky comes from the Lions where they were all about the QB being the driver of the offense.

Mannion is a QB built for a run first team and the Rams just ain't that no mo.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It sounds like the underlying theme is that Fisher wanted Mannion, which makes sense. There were rumors that he and Snead disagreed on who to take between Wentz and Goff as well, which makes sense as well.

The past few years our defense has been drafting consistently, build from the inside out, start with the line and dominate, and then go from there. Offense? Not so much, we've gotten guys who fit into a run offense (Gurley, Mannion, etc) and then guys who aren't (Austin, Goff, etc), it came from a difference in philosophy. Snead came from Atlanta, an offense built around the QB that loves to pass, Fisher is all about a run heavy team.

That's why they kept Snead, they got him a coach that also wants a high scoring offense built around the QB. Mannion is a perfect Fisher QB, someone who's a solid game manager, like Keenum. They're not going to do anything amazing, but they're not going to be making critical mistakes all the time either. Snead wants to built an offense that needs a QB that can make it happen, carry the team, McVay wants to install an offense that does the same thing. Even Dan Orlovsky comes from the Lions where they were all about the QB being the driver of the offense.

Mannion is a QB built for a run first team and the Rams just ain't that no mo.
I really expected Fisher to go after Huntley in the later rounds. I was surprised when we took Mannion in the 3rd round and Huntley fell to the 5th I believe.(Not that I don't like Mannion).
Huntley seemed like the perfect game manager Fisher likes, except he can run.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was a bit taken by BA's tweet.
Albright isn't a hack.
That being said, this is the first negative thing Iv'e heard about Mannion this offseason. My impression was that he was cemented into the #2 spot.
We're getting real close to finding out.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really expected Fisher to go after Huntley in the later rounds. I was surprised when we took Mannion in the 3rd round and Huntley fell to the 5th I believe.(Not that I don't like Mannion).
Huntley seemed like the perfect game manager Fisher likes, except he can run.
Snead said he liked the pick of Mannion