Rams Looking at QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I call bullcr@p.

I don't think that McVay would leave it this late to try and find a #2 QB, that doesn't fit with all the other moves he's made this offseason.

This is how he explained that:

As I've said previously, I used to post on a different forum with the guy. He does seem to get some inside info from the Rams, but that doesn't guarantee accuracy for every take.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This is how he explained that:

As I've said previously, I used to post on a different forum with the guy. He does seem to get some inside info from the Rams, but that doesn't guarantee accuracy for every take.

Thanks @jrry32 - I could understand it IF there was interest in Mannion from other teams (but I doubt that) - he may have some inside info, things may be smoke & mirrors, I don't see the guys they've brought in being any better than Mannion tbh - if it was the case that they hadn't had time to evaluate the #2 position why not keep Keenum in the mix also?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks @jrry32 - I could understand it IF there was interest in Mannion from other teams (but I doubt that) - he may have some inside info, things may be smoke & mirrors, I don't see the guys they've brought in being any better than Mannion tbh - if it was the case that they hadn't had time to evaluate the #2 position why not keep Keenum in the mix also?

Keenum had a lot of film out on him. Mannion didn't. If he's correct, that would be the reason imo. They wanted a chance to evaluate Mannion in practice. They knew what Keenum was based on his extensive film.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I call bullcr@p.

I don't think that McVay would leave it this late to try and find a #2 QB, that doesn't fit with all the other moves he's made this offseason.

That was my first reaction, too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Something isn't right...Snead said this yesterday.

(On if anything came out of the quarterback workouts this morning)

“It did not. I was able to evaluate them, but obviously we signed (QB ) Dan (Orlovsky), really we signed Dan probably in the last day or two officially – it broke that we agreed to terms. But he came in and got his physical and all of that. So, Dan will be our third and we will only go into camp with three

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you don't like Mannion but you can't tell me you actually believe this.

Why wait until now 2 months from the season to say you're not sold on Mannion as the number 2 and why haven't they brought in anyone else in

That tweet was probably one of the most unprofessional tweets I have ever seen. All official reports from the head coach to position coaches have all said that Mannion has looked good this offseason

In fact this is the only time this has been mentioned that the so call sources aren't sold on Mannion

This is literally the only guy that has said this
All I was saying was that this wasn't Albrights first tweet about Mannion needing to be upgraded. He's been saying it since they brought in Orlovsky.
For what it's worth he's not very complimentary of Goff either.
He is usually right about stuff but I'll let tc dictate what I think of Mannion going forward

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I didn't know Thad was still in the league. I always liked him and I remember people wanted him to start for us. I think he could have developed into decent QB but I don't know if he's anymore then a 3rd stringer right now. I'm surprised a bit at Mannion not being wanted. But I trust McVays eye.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry I don't believe anything Allbright is tweeting because I believe in Mannion being a very capable number two and if the Rams really did not believe in him, they would have made a move on some of the other higher profile free agents at QB still available.

Again some have posted Allbright is usually right, about what? I'm calling him out on this last season Mannion was very good in preseason, albeit against backups, but still showcased some talent and far better then the other options that Allbright tweeted about and even Orlovsky is a better option for God sake.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What has he been right about?
I don't recall him ever being off. I know he nailed the Nick Foles to the Rams trade before everyone else. I think it's safe to say that you read enough of these tweets and you get a sense of who gets stuff right and who throws out stuff.
I don't know if he's right about Mannion but I believe he's proven fairly credible.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know if he's right about Mannion but I believe he's proven fairly credible.

Fair enough, but most of the guys get stuff more wrong than right and again I will go by my eyes and last preseason. Again if all of the sudden we here during TC that Orlovsky is taking snaps with the second unit, well, then maybe he was on to something, but again I don't think McVay would wait to the last minute to make a move like this so I believe in this instance as we used to say many years ago, he's off his rocker just like Betty Crocker!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
A backup is a backup, few teams carry two starters for this valuable commodity, right? Would McVay be so worried about his second string if if was wholeheartedly sold on Goff?

See what I did there? Anyone can float conjecture out there for a story.

I like bootstrap for so may of the things they made easy to implement as CSS classes, I love their table implementation, and who doesn't at least like the concept of glyphicons? That said I have no love for the ad machine that is the twitter application nor the lost look at me souls who post there.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
McSnead just trying to upgrade a position. Mannion is #2 Orlosvky #3 and could be upgraded.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's right. I forgot! With the New rule changes, there will only one series of cuts! After Pre-Season game 4! Thanks for the reminder flv!(y)(y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I know you don't like Mannion but you can't tell me you actually believe this.

Why wait until now 2 months from the season to say you're not sold on Mannion as the number 2 and why haven't they brought in anyone else in

That tweet was probably one of the most unprofessional tweets I have ever seen. All official reports from the head coach to position coaches have all said that Mannion has looked good this offseason

In fact this is the only time this has been mentioned that the so call sources aren't sold on Mannion

This is literally the only guy that has said this
Kaperknuckle is still available.

lockdnram21

Legend
Sorry I don't believe anything Allbright is tweeting because I believe in Mannion being a very capable number two and if the Rams really did not believe in him, they would have made a move on some of the other higher profile free agents at QB still available.

Again some have posted Allbright is usually right, about what? I'm calling him out on this last season Mannion was very good in preseason, albeit against backups, but still showcased some talent and far better then the other options that Allbright tweeted about and even Orlovsky is a better option for God sake.
Mannion was ok

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Much Ado About Nothing. This is hands trying not to be idle attempting to tweak the roster for the better. Nothing to see here I'd imagine. Nice to see they are not sitting on those hands.