Rams look to simplify offense with Frank Cignetti/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
''We've got to get better at it. We need to be able to line up and say, 'Here we come. This is what we're running. Stop it,''' coach Jeff Fisher said. ''We're not there yet.''

December 2014
Link to original quote??

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Overcomplicated my ass. The offense would come out with one big play to start the game and normally have to settle for a feild goal. Then they would sit on that field goal and refuse to make any noticeable halftime adjustments. How do you simplify that? Not show up to the game at all,?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I keep coming back to the same thought... regardless of who the OC is, will Fisher give him the autonomy to make the offense his own?

Especially if they struggle in the beginning...
I seriously doubt there will be any autonomy, and I think that's the point.

I can't wait to see how well the offense works out, since we've definitely went all in on a power rush attack.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Overcomplicated my ass. The offense would come out with one big play to start the game and normally have to settle for a feild goal. Then they would sit on that field goal and refuse to make any noticeable halftime adjustments. How do you simplify that? Not show up to the game at all,?
You're referring to the result of the plays, not the plays called themselves.

I've no doubt that Brian's scheme was complicated, I just doubt how well it fit the personnel.

Why is everyone still bitching about him anyway? Last I understood he was coaching college.

lockdnram21

Legend
I like Cignetti and if the Rams go with Jeff Garcia as QB Coach I feel the offensive staff is better in 2015 than it was in 2014. Now if Sam Bradford remains healthy than Cignetti will have quite a first year in the books as an offensive coordinator in the National Football League.

Keep in mind the reason the Rams wanted Shaun Hill was because of Frank Cignetti and their prior relationship when Cignetti coached Hill with the 49ers. Hopefully the Rams will have a better plan B or 1A in place in 2015 for if not this might just be the last of Jeff Fisher and Les Snead and maybe the St. Louis Rams as well as we buckle in for turbulence and decisions that might test the very fabric of us as Ram fans.
We already have a qb coach. Chris Weinke

Alan

Legend
Memphis Ram out of patience:
When Fisher came aboard he stated his beliefs on offense and I've been waiting for the team to run with that gameplan. Finally that day is here.
That's exactly why I wasn't in favor of hiring him. What's that famous saying?

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."

I agree with you that we'll finally see how effective his game plan is. Maybe. If we suffer through another horrendous rash of injuries I'm certainly not going to blame Fisher or his scheme for us not doing well. Hopefully, between my own observations and the input of the rest of my ROD brethren, we can come to a consensus as to where the real blame lies.

Having said that, I believe that those dark days of multiple injures in multiple sections of the Rams D/O are a thing of the past and that will be moot.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't think I stopped and realized how drastically different this offense is really going to be. This might as well be a brand new team offensively and it seems like no one is really talking about it.

New offensive coordinator.
New QB coach
New starting QB
New starting RB
Four new offensive lineman from the draft alone.

That's a unheard of amount of turnover for that unit. Things won't be boring

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't think I stopped and realized how drastically different this offense is really going to be. This might as well be a brand new team offensively and it seems like no one is really talking about it.

New offensive coordinator.
New QB coach
New starting QB
New starting RB
Four new offensive lineman from the draft alone.

That's a unheard of amount of turnover for that unit. Things won't be boring

Its pretty well what he's already done to the defense and special teams seems like I've said before it's been a complete roster turnover just done in phases

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So much so Mannion might just be the only backup on the roster.

Why not?

It's possible Keenum gets picked up... But I'd guess Davis is a phone call away if someone goes down. (And I admire Davis heart... But just saying).

Memphis Ram

Legend
Why not?

It's possible Keenum gets picked up... But I'd guess Davis is a phone call away if someone goes down. (And I admire Davis heart... But just saying).

A kid already with experience in a pro style offense and said to be extremely smart gets an extra QB coach on the roster to help him out? If he shows well this offseason I think he gets the backup job and a good chance the Rams don't keep 3 QBs.

Keenum or Davis might have to shine during preseason to get picked up this offseason. And I wonder how many opportunities they'll actually get in games with new QBs Foles and Mannion aboard and needing reps.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WTF?? And his position is.. ???
HkhMALj.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just wondering because .. .Weinke is still the QB coach, no?
Yeah. But there can never be too many 'Consultants' hanging around. Sherman was the WR coach, but we still had Bruce and Holt showing up to lend their support and expertise.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah. But there can never be too many 'Consultants' hanging around. Sherman was the WR coach, but we still had Bruce and Holt showing up to lend their support and expertise.
Agreed ... .was just wondering if I missed a dismissal or something