Rams look for pieces around Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
The players know they are the ones who need to step up. It is time to move on from the snide comments about Fisher he has a contract it is over and he is not the one giving up sacks, dropping passes and not producing on the field.
Exactly how I see it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
freak you
Oh HELL no. I like you Andrew but there ain't no way this shit is flying here. Time for a breather.

Where is the monitor ??? I got banned for a day for doing nothing ?? Weird people can get away with this on this board ?
We are not here to read every post as it happens 24/7. Chill out.

Wow, this thread headed south quickly.
No shit - eh? I'm suggesting everyone check their attitude NOW.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The players know they are the ones who need to step up. It is time to move on from the snide comments about Fisher he has a contract it is over and he is not the one giving up sacks, dropping passes and not producing on the field.

no but he and his coaching staff (that he chose ) are the ones that are supposed to be coaching these guys so they dont drop balls or give up sacks and make them produce on the field...he is doing a bang up job there huh ?

you've heard the saying (from players/pundits etc) "coach so and so puts his players in a position to make a plays/succeed" or a variant there of ....? because Fisher doesn't and hasn't at least for the last four and bit years

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can answer yourself by watching the good things they do and know those are the things they are being taught. The execution screw up are the difference in successful plays or failures.
what are the good things they are doing ? ... run blocking ? pass blocking? .. an explosive running game ? a dynamic passing game ? mistake free football ?? ...the defense ? (ill give you that the last two games non withstanding where we were butter and the saints and pats were a hot knife) ..

inquiring minds want to know

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
A left tackle and. Number 1 rec and a TE and an imaginative offensive coordinater

A #1 & #2 WR, play Higbee, move Robinson inside, LT, C, and an OC and just as important a new OL coach.

Now with all that is Painfully obviously needed, who wants to bet Fisher drafts Defensive players and says he feels they have the answers on offense already on the roster...just experience and opportunity need to naturally happen....

Fishers Legacy will be DESTROYING the careers of Todd Gurley & David Carr.. oh sorry I mean Jared Goff.

What shocks me the most is Kroenke lack of expectations . He needs an exciting winning team to field in 2 years when New Stadium opens. Not a New coaches 1st is Ason with a rebuilding team.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Michael Thomas is destroying in the Special Teams. I'd like to see what he can do in offense.. he just need some targets .. i think. Maybe he is an upgrade over our wr's (quick), maybe.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is true. He's just the one who personally chose, developed, and started the players who are doing that.

It's too bad that the players Fisher chose to draft/sign, was responsible for developing, and was responsible for putting a successful scheme around aren't playing up to snuff. I can see where that isn't the fault of Fisher. It's not like he was involved at every step of the process. :LOL:
Let me know when you have run a business and how you are able to make your employees perform.

The talent pool in the NFL is limited, the selection process is limited, it isn't like playing Madden where you get to pick whomever you want, you don't get a cheat code to make Gurley suddenly break tackles every run or Quick not drop a pass that is thrown behind him and he gets one hand on it.

These kind of statements are naive and come out of frustration. The scheme was working just fine when Goff threw for 3 TDs in one half. Its on the players to get it done.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
no but he and his coaching staff (that he chose ) are the ones that are supposed to be coaching these guys so they dont drop balls or give up sacks and make them produce on the field...he is doing a bang up job there huh ?

you've heard the saying (from players/pundits etc) "coach so and so puts his players in a position to make a plays/succeed" or a variant there of ....? because Fisher doesn't and hasn't at least for the last four and bit years

So you are saying they are not coaching the team not to do those things? I think you are sadly mistaken.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me know when you have run a business and how you are able to make your employees perform.

The talent pool in the NFL is limited, the selection process is limited, it isn't like playing Madden where you get to pick whomever you want, you don't get a cheat code to make Gurley suddenly break tackles every run or Quick not drop a pass that is thrown behind him and he gets one hand on it.

These kind of statements are naive and come out of frustration. The scheme was working just fine when Goff threw for 3 TDs in one half. Its on the players to get it done.

I have run a business and been responsible for getting employees to know what they're doing at work. And if I wasn't able to get them working the way the people who owned the company wanted and required then I was held accountable and would have been replaced. Not so with Fisher he's rewarded. Also if I wasn't able to get the employees working well and taking care of our consumers then the consumers find somewhere else to take their business. The talent pools are always limited and somebody will always find an excuse but results in every business are the bottom line if you don't produce them you're replaced by either being demoted or fired.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
8 posts were deleted from this thread because...well...they pissed me off and have no place here at ROD. If you have a problem with a fellow member, consider either using some self-control or the ignore function. Both alternatives work quite well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
what are the good things they are doing ? ... run blocking ? pass blocking? .. an explosive running game ? a dynamic passing game ? mistake free football ?? ...the defense ? (ill give you that the last two games non withstanding where we were butter and the saints and pats were a hot knife) ..

inquiring minds want to know
I think at times you can see all of those things working even if it is only for a few plays here and there. First half against NO the offense looked like a winning franchise. They moved the ball well, they scored in the two minute offense and Gurley was getting room for some decent runs. Unfortunately the defense had no answer for the NO offense.

The 4 weeks before that the defense was playing lights out and looked like they could control every game.

ST has been great all year.

There are glimpses where you can see the possibilities.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved the look of Cooper on that seem/slant pass Sunday, would love to see more of that
Can we please send TA on a go route when he's healthy?
Britt needs to get his 1000 yards, quick. I think that might have been on his mind Sunday. His drops were terrible, but he's been great all year.
Can we just give Mike Thomas a chance? Please? Would have to take snaps from Quick, but I'd love to see this kid get a chance to ball

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you are saying they are not coaching the team not to do those things? I think you are sadly mistaken.
they are coaching them...its obviously not working ...maybe because the coaches cant coach? or is it the players the coaches picked up during the draft and free agency cant do it because i hate to you this that falls on the shoulders of the coaches too

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Look for pieces....

Quick drops 1 pass....

The high pass wasn't a drop, but a great attempt. But....of course he's the problem...I still say, keep throwing to Britt & Quick...best results possible.

"Our defense is great," Gurley said. "As an offensive player, I know we’re not helping them out by giving them 16, 17 plays in the first half, or not even putting points up. It’s frustrating. I definitely feel for the defense, because I feel like we’re not doing a good enough job to help those guys out. It goes both ways, but at the end of the day, you've got to look at yourself and say, ‘We’re just not doing a good enough job.’"
Accountability is a great thing....He'll be back better than ever. Now we know where that long look comes from.

It is time to move on from the snide comments about Fisher he has a contract it is over and he is not the one giving up sacks, dropping passes and not producing on the field.
He did draft Havenstein, Brown, Wichman....re-signed Barnes & Saffold...and of course gave the go ahead on G-Rob( best game this year according to PFF, LOL) Oh, and he's the guy that KEEPS bringing back Boudreau....and Boras...
See the thing about accountability up there? It applies here too.

The deal is done. Fisher is 90% confirmed to be back baring an unforeseen development.
I greened the 2 comments....but the true emphasis is in the statement after.... see what So Ram says\/
There is no guarantee Fisher is back.
Agreed....we have 5 games left. Atl up next. I would think that this re-signing could turn into a retirement bonus if the team continues to get worse. And, we are getting worse. Agreed?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
think at times you can see all of those things working even if it is only for a few plays here and there. First half against NO the offense looked like a winning franchise. They moved the ball well, they scored in the two minute offense and Gurley was getting room for some decent runs. Unfortunately the defense had no answer for the NO offense.

and there is your problem ..glimpses arent good enough.. not in the NFL ....not when you have teams out there like the cowboys winining 11 games this year...im not asking for the number one ranked offense ....id take converting more than one first down at this rate and yes ill lay the blame at the feet of some of the players (kendricks and britt the oline) but at the end of the day the buck should stop with the coaches

he 4 weeks before that the defense was playing lights out and looked like they could control every game.

untill they ran up against a good offense or two ..(oh and san fran )

ST has been great all year.

yep if it wasnt for them against the jets Fisher would have been one game closer to nabbing that record

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The talent pool in the NFL is limited, the selection process is limited
Obviously this is true on its face, but we Rams fans have been almost mentally conditioned over the Fisher years to accept mediocre player performance as if there's nothing that can be done about it. Meanwhile, you got Pittsburgh starting a guy out of the army and Seattle starting a college basketball player at left tackle...

Obviously gimmicks are not answer, but the point is the low bar of the standard of player execution the Rams accept while other teams seem to more urgently try to replace a bad position by throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at the problem.

To their credit the Rams usually do have Plan A, B, and C for most things but have had more than their share of bad luck and busts -- for example, their attempts to solve the center position included free agent, draft picks, open competition, etc., and it all still failed. The major problem I see is that once these plans fail and a player becomes entrenched, but is obviously not doing the job, Fisher moves with the urgency of a glacier to rectify it as if just "oh well, we tried"... Scott Wells-itis...

I'm just not a believer that the pool of people that can play in the NFL is as limited as that. If a guy isn't cutting it and flashes no reason why he will improve, it's time to try someone else at the position -- whether they come from the 2nd string, the "limited talent pool" of free agents, or from stocking shelves at the local Hy-Vee... Under Fisher it seems an underachieving, mistake-prone player is instead the Energizer Bunny, he just lets them keep going and going instead of benching and replacing fast enough in my opinion.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously this is true on its face, but we Rams fans have been almost mentally conditioned over the Fisher years to accept mediocre player performance as if there's nothing that can be done about it. Meanwhile, you got Pittsburgh starting a guy out of the army and Seattle starting a college basketball player at left tackle...

Obviously gimmicks are not answer, but the point is the low bar of the standard of player execution the Rams accept while other teams seem to more urgently try to replace a bad position by throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at the problem.

To their credit the Rams usually do have Plan A, B, and C for most things but have had more than their share of bad luck and busts -- for example, their attempts to solve the center position included free agent, draft picks, open competition, etc., and it all still failed. The major problem I see is that once these plans fail and a player becomes entrenched, but is obviously not doing the job, Fisher moves with the urgency of a glacier to rectify it as if just "oh well, we tried"... Scott Wells-itis...

I'm just not a believer that the pool of people that can play in the NFL is as limited as that. If a guy isn't cutting it and flashes no reason why he will improve, it's time to try someone else at the position -- whether they come from the 2nd string, the "limited talent pool" of free agents, or from stocking shelves at the local Hy-Vee... Under Fisher it seems an underachieving, mistake-prone player is instead the Energizer Bunny, he just lets them keep going and going instead of benching and replacing fast enough in my opinion.

the bits i bolded are so true .... and look over to Miami when the o line was struggling ... does Gase stick with whats not working ? Does Gase bench a couple of guys to light a fire under them ?

nope he straight up cuts em from the team and they were all third and fourth round picks and replaces them and hadn't lost a game until Sunday

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/10/1...s-billy-turner-amid-offensive-line-struggles/

DAVIE (CBSMiami) – It appears that new Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase has seen enough of the team’s subpar offensive line.

Coming right out and blaming the offensive line for the poor play of quarterback Ryan Tannehill, Gase has apparently seen enough of several members of the unit.

According to multiple reports, the Dolphins are cutting offensive lineman Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas.

All three were drafted by Miami and have played their entire careers for the Dolphins.

Thomas was a third-round pick in the 2013 NFL draft while Turner was selected in the third round the following year.

Douglas was a fourth round pick in 2015.

Offensive line has been a major issue in Miami for several years, with none suffering more than Tannehill.

Since coming into the league in 2012, no quarterback has been sacked more times than Tannehill.

Turner and Thomas were given several opportunities to thrive in the NFL, each getting chances to start on the Dolphins offensive line.

Turner started 12 games at right guard for Miami in 2015 while Thomas started all 16 games at left guard that season.

The Dolphins are expected to sign veteran Sam Young. He was signed by Miami back in May but was part of the final group of roster cuts following the preseason.

MountainRam

Rookie

No I don't agree with you. But I guess you are a good person with a blessed heart. I wish there were friends in my life like you. I mean it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Look for pieces....
.......He did draft Havenstein, Brown, Wichman....re-signed Barnes & Saffold...and of course gave the go ahead on G-Rob( best game this year according to PFF, LOL) Oh, and he's the guy that KEEPS bringing back Boudreau....and Boras...
See the thing about accountability up there? It applies here too.......

I would start here if I were looking for the pieces. The OL has gone totally into "FAIL MODE" period. Yes I agree when Goff has time to pass his receivers fail him too I got it but for me it starts with Goff & thus its begins first with the OL. I feel safe to say that there are issues everywhere I mean @ every starting OL post. Bad decisions of course easy now to point them out like not leaving Saffold @ ORT when the season began due to Havenstein's lower leg problem & all the flip flopping of OG's & resettling the OG's as the season is under way & so on & so on that's on the management.

For the next 4 weeks into this non playoff team we should discover whom in this OL is worth keeping & investing $$ & time on. But with Fisher trying to keep his job this will not happen. He will go with this FAIL MODE OL because it might possibly give him 1 or 2 more victories to preserve his gig in 2017. Bad stuff does nothing to find the right pieces here for our long range future.

Its obvious to all the OLT post is #1 on the list to fix. Some members hold out some hope for GRob...:thinking: I find that to be wasted & septic tank material. Nows the time to discover if we have a possible prospect on the roster. A new starting OLT must be found from our present OL cadre or draft one.

The ORT should be listed @ #2. Havenstein's play has dropped off the map. RH might recover in the off season but you can not ignore his 2016 performance. Its bad real bad. Who on this roster can be a good starting ORT besides him? do we have one? Now's the time to find out just like I said about the OLT post.

IMO none of these OL pieces will be found here over the remaining weeks but will be put on hold for another 8 months until the 2017 training camp resumes. A ton of valuable time will be lost here when much could be learned & discovered in the next 4 weeks.