Rams in search of PR/KR - Cooper & Thomas out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
No way they're going to risk Cooper Kupp.
He's way too important to this offense drawing out coverage and clearing the underneath routes.

I agree they wouldn’t use Kupp on KR, but I could see them using Kupp on PR. With the understanding that he’ll do a lot of fair catches unless he’s got a lot of room. Just so important to have a vet you can count on to catch the damn thing.

Agreed that Natson looked good with ball security. However... going from a nobody FA to the #1 PR on a Super Bowl contender is a big leap with a lot of pressure.

Tough decision with plenty of risk, whatever route they choose.

Natson must be freaking out right now... could be his one big chance of a lifetime

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
What about Reynolds? He probably wont get much playing time but at least he can contribute some. Let's see what hes got.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I agree they wouldn’t use Kupp on KR, but I could see them using Kupp on PR. With the understanding that he’ll do a lot of fair catches unless he’s got a lot of room. Just so important to have a vet you can count on to catch the damn thing.

Agreed that Natson looked good with ball security. However... going from a nobody FA to the #1 PR on a Super Bowl contender is a big leap with a lot of pressure.

Tough decision with plenty of risk, whatever route they choose.

Natson must be freaking out right now... could be his one big chance of a lifetime

Yeah, but this week and next week is a good time to try with two home games that you should win and in which you could overcome a mistake.

dang

Legend
I may be recollecting wrong but Cooper and Thomas seem to get injured a fair amount. I am starting to get concerned if any of our 3 starting WRs miss any time. Any decent FA WRs that we could kick the tires on - Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Breshad Perriman, Malcolm Mitchell? or better to promote Hodge from PS?

Ram65

Legend
Natson looked very good on punt returns. Thought they would keep him on the PS just for this reason. Kupp can return punts but, I don't want to risk injury.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
yeah...figured Coop would be out... Man Michael Thomas can't catch a break.... his chance to take over at one of the return spots is here...and he's hurt...

I'm guessing we'll see Natson back.... I like Hodge..but I didn't see any return stats for him in college..

I've always wondered about Robey-Coleman returning punts... he definitely has wheels ...and he returned punts at USC...

also there may be a couple of guys who were cut late who have some returning capabilities....

I also see that Justin Davis had some Kick return experience at USC.... not sure he's got the handles for it at the NFL though

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dammit. That's our returner and our best gunner. No easy replacements.

I'm assuming that we promote Hodge and sign Natson, but I honestly wasn't impressed with Natson; he looked like Tavon, except without the game-breaking ability that Tavon had.

Still, it's not like there's All Pro returners waiting in free agency. Natson may be the best available.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Dammit. That's our returner and our best gunner. No easy replacements.

I'm assuming that we promote Hodge and sign Natson, but I honestly wasn't impressed with Natson; he looked like Tavon, except without the game-breaking ability that Tavon had.

Still, it's not like there's All Pro returners waiting in free agency. Natson may be the best available.
Sounds like Thomas will be back sooner, and that Pharoh might be IRd

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sounds like Thomas will be back sooner, and that Pharoh might be IRd

Groin injuries are tricky things, though. Who knows when Thomas will be back? We still have to replace his production, and I assume that Hodge is the next man up.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
freak, I hope he doesn't need surgery
"He's just got some loose fragments in there. It's a pretty serious ankle sprain is probably the best way I can put it," McVay said. "However you cut it, with just the type of player that he is and just the specific position that he plays, it's going to limit him for at least a few weeks at a minimum."

Man. That sounds like surgery to me. He may not be gone for the season, but IR is looking likely.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
KR and punt returner are obviously much diff. You can probably get Kelly to return kicks especially since most kicks are touch backs nowadays and the new rules give returnees a little more time to make decisions etc...

The punt returner is a whole other animal. Secure hands and decision making are at a premium. Natson impressed me and hopefully he gets a shot or they go with veteran who was cut last week.