Rams House Pump up vid and Cowherd Stafford and Mayfield

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we're gonna win it all. Fuck Tampa. Fuck Green Bay. Fuck the AFC. Oh and fuck these media goons who predict the previous year's results every new season. This is gonna be our year.

But that said I am wondering if LA is going to support the team in that new stadium. During this preseason there were moments where, even with that weak crowd, the Rams' offense seemed to have trouble hearing calls. This makes me think SoFi is going to be one of the loudest stadiums in the league, that the plexi roof is gonna focus that sound and it's gonna be a pressure cooker for offenses. But will our offense have trouble too at home due to the fucking transplant fuckheads who seem to pack in every LA game? I'm telling you right now that the Rams having to go to signals at home due to hostile away crowds is gonna seriously piss me off.

Hope that doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and that scene with the classic car should have been an Impala with hydraulic lifts bouncing down the street. Just sayin. :laugh4:

Stump23

Rookie
LA has always been a transplant town. But I believe and hope that the Rams Nation will make sure they dominate the noise! Waited 26 years for a true home game in our own stadium. The new generations of fans will keep making this the best venue for years to come. We need to win over the kids who didn't have a local team to root for and convert them to their home team. Tough to do but I believe it can be time with team success. Built to win in the short term, vision for success in the long term......should be a good formula!

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Colin Cowherd = "Always trust Vegas!"....."because they are only concerned about money"................"I always trust Vegas"

I think the above statements could get you a Darwin award.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think we're gonna win it all. Fuck Tampa. Fuck Green Bay. Fuck the AFC. Oh and fuck these media goons who predict the previous year's results every new season. This is gonna be our year.

But that said I am wondering if LA is going to support the team in that new stadium. During this preseason there were moments where, even with that weak crowd, the Rams' offense seemed to have trouble hearing calls. This makes me think SoFi is going to be one of the loudest stadiums in the league, that the plexi roof is gonna focus that sound and it's gonna be a pressure cooker for offenses. But will our offense have trouble too at home due to the fucking transplant fuckheads who seem to pack in every LA game? I'm telling you right now that the Rams having to go to signals at home due to hostile away crowds is gonna seriously piss me off.

Hope that doesn't happen.
If I hear "Bear Down" being sung in our stadium Sunday night I'm going to be livid. Hopefully new stadium gets real fans asses in the seats.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
But but Vegas is never wrong:

1999 Rams
Douglas v Tyson

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
You can take what Colin Cowherd says with a grain of salt. I remember a few years ago on his radio show he had a segment where he would take the under dog in a game and make them sound like they should be double digit favorites. Using whatever stats necessary. And it sounded good. He just wants ink

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem with that line of thought is that 'Vegas' isn't trying to be right, that is a common misconception. Vegas is ONLY trying to get equal betting on either side.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Next week at this time, Colin Cowherd will once again be one of the few smart analysts again after seeing the Bear (beat) down.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Watching that Colin Cowherd piece made me think of this article I recently read. I know this is about fantasy football but it shows how anyone can put any spin on any player they want.

Fantasy football needs a lot more curious. A lot more questions. Because whether it's analysts or fantasy players, they are full of judgment. They think they have everything figured out. They think they know which players will do well, which players won't, which positions to draft when, which NFL coaches are good and which are bad, which fantasy analysts are smart and which ones are morons. They judge everyone and they judge everything.

It's a good lesson for life and it's a good lesson for fantasy football. Instead of judging and thinking you know everything, be curious. Ask a question.

I'll start.

Which of these two quarterbacks do you want in fantasy this year?

Quarterback A: One of the first things that has to concern you is whether Quarterback A will even be on the field. Having missed 18(!) games the past four seasons (nearly 30% of his games), QBA has played all 16 games in a season only once in his NFL career. Given all his missed games, you have to be concerned about his offensive line. Last season, his O-line allowed pressure at the 10th-highest rate in the NFL. How bad was it? The line allowed pressure at the third-highest rate when the opponent did NOT blitz. And that's a problem, because when blitzed, QBA's off-target percentage was worse than Dwayne Haskins' and Mitchell Trubisky's, among others.

QBA's yards per attempt has gone down three straight seasons, and who wants a dink-and-dunker in fantasy? Get this: 23.3% of his passes last season were thrown at or behind the line of scrimmage. His team added no significant pass-catchers this offseason, and he just lost the 1,000-yard receiver he had the highest catch rate with. His career is clearly on a downward trend (I mean, his touchdown passes are down a whopping 24% from even just two years ago).

Quarterback B: Meanwhile, Quarterback B has multiple finishes of ninth or better at the position, and he is set up for his best fantasy season ever. Why? He has a new playcaller who with his previous team got 72% of its offensive yards through the air (the sixth-highest rate in the NFL over that stretch). The coach's offense kept getting better, as last year it had its best season during his tenure in terms of passing yards per game, fastest tempo, TD/INT ratio and fantasy points per red zone attempt.

QBB gives you points with his arm and his legs; he's coming off a season in which he had the most rushing attempts of his career, doubled his rushing yards and rushing touchdowns from the season before and did that all in one fewer game played. He has been to multiple Pro Bowls, earned multiple NFL Player of the Week awards and is coming off career highs in completion percentage and on-target percentage, a career low in bad-throw percentage and took a big leap forward from 2019 with a higher touchdown percentage and a lower interception percentage.

So, you know everything you need to know, right? You've spent this whole preseason studying, mock drafting, reading, listening and watching. So let me ask you again:
Which quarterback do you want?

Understand that every single thing I wrote about each player is 100% true.

I just gave you almost 500 words of detailed research about them. Do you really need more info? You know the right one to pick, don't you?

The draft clock is winding down. You hear my annoying voice yell at you from the computer screen. "Hurry up! Make a pick!" Gotta make a call. And you know -- I mean, you know -- which one you want. It's obvious. Quarterback B, right? The guy with the multiple top-nine finishes and the fantasy-friendly playcaller?

Well, before you answer, you should probably ask me a question.

Like, "Hey, Matthew, what are those guys' names?"

To which I would answer, "Well, Quarterback B is Jared Goff."

"Oh, and Quarterback A is named Patrick Mahomes."

Be curious, not judgmental.

I mean, I was just able to talk down Patrick Mahomes. I did it by using his rookie season, in which he sat for 15 games, and made it seem like he was injury-prone, while also ignoring that the reason he didn't play all 16 games every season is the Chiefs have usually clinched a bye by Week 16 or 17. I leaned into the Chiefs' offensive line woes without acknowledging the injuries or opt-outs from last year, or that the team feels it addressed all that during the offseason.

I didn't mention one reason to throw a lot of short bubble screens is that when you have Tyreek Hill on your team, why not take advantage of the one of the fastest guys in the NFL? I ignored that the reason the Chiefs didn't make any major offseason moves for a pass-catcher is that they didn't need to and, I admit, it took me forever to find a good Sammy Watkins stat to make it seem like him leaving the team would be an issue. His 1,000-yard season was in 2015 with the Buffalo Bills, by the way. And finally, I was able to trend Mahomes down by comparing last season's stats to his ridiculous 50-touchdown 2018 season.

As for Goff, he has, in fact, had two usable fantasy seasons in which he finished in the top nine, but certainly not last season, and there wasn't a lot else to work with to make Goff sound good. So instead, I went with his new offensive coordinator, Anthony Lynn, and used all the ridiculous Justin Herbert stats to make Lynn and Goff sound a lot better. Goff did have four rushing touchdowns last season after getting two the season before. Lamar Jackson he isn't, but written the right way, he can sound like a dual threat.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Vegas thing is weird/concerning? The other stuff claiming Stafford had this & that and didn't get it done is just noise. Consistent bad defense and no running game will create a "stat stuffing" QB.

TexasRam

Legend
One thing Collin is right about, the complete dumping on Goff and over estimation on Stafford - and how unbalanced it is.

One thing I disagree with is his way of measuring QB’s. Wins, QB rating TD-int ratio etc - all these are team dependent stats and not individual stats.

His arguement comparing Warner, Luck and Palmer and what they were able to do with terrible franchises compared to Stafford is interesting.

But I don’t think anyone thinks Stafford is at the level of Warner or Luck - only that Stafford could get a very good Rams team over the hump.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
When people talk about great QBs and how they are great where ever they go I always point out two things....I don't even need to say much:

1 - Did these Great QBs pick which new team they went to while they were considered great?

2 - Did they play for the Lions or the Jets during their career?

Not so great suddenly......................I'm sure there are exceptions to this.........(Kurt Warner....because he didn't really pick them, he wasn't considered great at the time, but the Cardnials were a lot like the Lions and Jet).

Brady went to a classically bad team in the Bucs, but he knew they were loaded. I would love to see his win/loss ratio would be as a Jet or Lion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
His arguement comparing Warner, Luck and Palmer and what they were able to do with terrible franchises compared to Stafford is interesting.
I don't think it is. He talked about the receiving(weapons) that Stafford had and those guys DIDN'T have. ??

Well lets see. Warner had Fitzgerald(HOF), Anquan Boldin(pro bowl) and Steve Breaston who did have a 1,000 yd season but was mostly JAG. He also had a declining but still pretty good Edgerrin James.
Warner is a HOF for good reason but lets not pretend he had no weapons in AZ.

Andrew Luck had mostly JAG at RB. He had a declining Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, a good TE in Coby Fleener. IIRC that division was pretty bad when Luck & the Colts were winning 11 gm/year.

Palmer in Cincy. He had two seasons above .500
Chad Johnson was a stud & TJ Housh was good. Rudi Johnson was a baller for a short while. Also had a top 5 defense once.

Idk man, i like Cowherd but i'm not buying it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
One thing Collin is right about, the complete dumping on Goff and over estimation on Stafford - and how unbalanced it is.

One thing I disagree with is his way of measuring QB’s. Wins, QB rating TD-int ratio etc - all these are team dependent stats and not individual stats.

But I don’t think anyone thinks Stafford is at the level of Warner or Luck - only that Stafford could get a very good Rams team over the hump.
Wow did he really put Luck and Warner in the same category? 5.5 seasons Luck? <60% completion percentage in the playoffs Luck? What bad team was he on? Manning's perennial period contender that intentionally failed 1 year so they could get a QB in draft? That's a bad comparison.

And Palmer wasn't in the same class as Warner either.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i can't believe he used the andrew luck argument. so disingenuous.

12 - 4
14 - 2
10 - 6
2 - 14
11 - 5
11 - 5
11 - 5

which year looks out of place there? yeah, the year peyton got injured and the colts brass decided not to sign another qb and instead roll with their not even back up worthy qb for the whole season.

the colts didn't have anybody. gtfoh cowherd you germ.