Rams have released LB Mark Barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I know it is early in the FA process but I find it interesting if not somewhat revealing that I have not heard much if anything on a teams pursuing Mr. Barron. Now mebbe someone will sign him tomorrow out of the blue but I kinda doubt it myself. Don't get me wrong he will sign somewhere and play next year but at this point it doesn't appear he has much of a groundswell of interest.
Just sayin'

~ArkyRamsFan~

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick

Looks like your living in the Lather part of St. Louis or Fisher days. When he kept his draft picks no matter what.

There is a difference, but then again the tail will be told during FA. Last season The Rams sign the LB from Da Bears (Wilson)who was a basic backup with veteran experience. Who knows what he will bring this season ?
Has a couple games of NFL starting experience.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ions-for-nfl-offseasons-riskiest-moves#slide5

Bust Predictions for NFL Offseason's Riskiest Moves
By Marcus Mosher

Bust: Steelers Signing LB Mark Barron

1. 0b67eae2b331e1ea6d3437387dcf7935_crop_exact.jpg

The worst moves in free agency are when teams overpay average players to fill a need. One prime candidate for the biggest overpay relative to their play is Mark Barron, formerly of the Los Angeles Rams.

After the Ryan Shazier injury in 2017, the Pittsburgh Steelers have had a massive hole at linebacker. The team tried to address it last season with the addition of Jon Bostic. That move didn’t pan out as he was released just one year later. This offseason, the Steelers tried to address their linebacker need in free agency once again, signing veteran Mark Barron to a two-year deal worth $12 million, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

While Barron is a highly athletic player who can run from sideline to sideline, his play has dropped dramatically over the last few seasons. He has quickly become a liability in coverage and his ability to stop the run has decreased as well. Pittsburgh traded up for Michigan linebacker Devin Bush during this year's draft and he is likely to open the season as the Day 1 starter. That means Pittsburgh's big free agent acquisition could start the year off on the bench.

Considering that the Steelers paid Barron starter money this offseason, a reserve role would mean trouble for this signing.

Ram65

Legend
It will be interesting to see how Barron plays after all those injuries. He had good interest from teams around the league. Steelers must have though he was healthy. I get the Steeler games a lot and got tired of seeing them. Checking Barron out gives a little reason to watch.