Rams going back to Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
jerry-no.gif

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Keenum doesn't offer much else. The Pass Pro was decent today. It's time for Mannion to step up.

Athos

Legend
Fisher can eff off.

Don't really care what that never was says. Yea. He's not even a Has-Been. He didn't win enough to get Has-Been status.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
"Maybe Mannion can survive out there? We need to see what he is (Mannion), before........"

Can someone please explain to me who the much mentioned "we" is referring to?

We as fans? Why do "we" need to see anything regarding Mannion? Are "we" making any decisions?

I just get really confused when I continue to read "we need to see what we've got" type comments.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I am shocked Foles is this bad. Most of us were never expecting him to return to Pro Bowl form. But this is ridiculous. Foles is not only the worst starting QB in the NFL right now..... he is probably worse than every NFL backup as well. And some 3rd stringers. Including our own backup and 3rd stringer in Keenum and Mannion. Both those guys definitely appear more qualified than Foles right now. I don't think it is fair to say Snisher should have seen this coming. It's unbelievable how he cannot ever hit an open man. Something is wrong with him. Maybe Green Bay game has ruined him? Based on his current form, Foles never should have even gotten close to the NFL. The dude is just not the same QB he once was. And at his age, without injury to blame, it is beyond perplexing.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Why? Dude has had one concussion and with this Oline, another one is due shortly......Maybe Mannion can survive out there? Weneed to see what he is (Mannion), before getting Goff..,.

You're forgetting that Keenum was never concussed [according to someone on here] :ROFLMAO:.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"Maybe Mannion can survive out there? We need to see what he is (Mannion), before........"

We as fans? Why do "we" need to see anything regarding Mannion? Are "we" making any decisions?

I just get really confused when I continue to read "we need to see what we've got" type comments.

Who would you start Coach?

I realize everything isn't on Foles' shoulders but he just has completely lost it. I don't see Keenum being much better, and could be worse.

I'm just interpreting, but I think that's where the "we" comments come from. Us fans that aren't good at analyzing college QBs would like to see who Mannion is. I know he looked decent in garbage time, but it showed he was willing to take what the defense would give, and he looks like he would be decent in a true west coast passing offense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sorry I didn't push the right buttons for you..let me explain "we"..

."We" means to me: the team, composed of coaches, trainers, players, janitors, and everyone dependent on the success of the St Louis Rams...Since the fans have an emotional and financial commitment to the St Louis Rams, "we" share in the teams success. So when a season goes so horribly wrong and it appears that the coaching staff is clueless, "we" feel like seeing what Mannion has before drafting yet another QB high in the 1st round. You as user name "CoachO" may feel like fans don't have a part in "we" , but I do...And since "we" are on a sports forum. "we" are allowed to express an opinion. Capisce?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Listening to 101 ESPN... They make a good point; Foles was doing okay until the Green Bay game. Hasn't been the same since then.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Sorry I didn't push the right buttons for you..let me explain "we"..

."We" means to me: the team, composed of coaches, trainers, players, janitors, and everyone dependent on the success of the St Louis Rams...Since the fans have an emotional and financial commitment to the St Louis Rams, "we" share in the teams success. So when a season goes so horribly wrong and it appears that the coaching staff is clueless, "we" feel like seeing what Mannion has before drafting yet another QB high in the 1st round. You as user name "CoachO" may feel like fans don't have a part in "we" , but I do...And since "we" are on a sports forum. "we" are allowed to express an opinion. Capisce?
Wow. I was asking a sincere question. Don't get your panties all bunched up.

I honestly was wondering who the "we" was. But thanks for getting all pissy.

Interesting that YOU include yourself in the collective group of actual team personnel because you have an emotional attachment.

And before you take shots at me for my screenname I challenge you or anyone else on here to question my "fandom" when it comes to being committed to this team. (and by that I don't mean to say I am a better fan the anyone else on here)

I think everyone knows I have made a point to be at EVERY training camp practices for the past five years. Have been to every single home game and my share of road games for the past 19 years. So while my Pen name may be "CoachO" I am first and foremost a fan.

But I don't claim to have any expectations about what "we" need to see when it comes to personnel decisions. YOU seem to infer "we" are entitled to have some say in the process.

Good luck with that.

Av8R

UDFA
I don't think it will really matter. This team confidence is gone and we are fading fast. I hate saying that but just how I'm seeing it right now. The offense has worn out its own defense.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Who would you start Coach?

I realize everything isn't on Foles' shoulders but he just has completely lost it. I don't see Keenum being much better, and could be worse.

I would start Keenum and let him play out the rest of the season. Mannion isn't near ready and putting him that situation just "to see what he has" isn't fair to him or the rest of the team.

If you have any hopes of developing him, throwing him out there under these conditions will do more harm than good. Let him come into OTAs & training camp and open up the job. Bring him in day one and let him know he can compete for the starter's job.

Foles is done. (For the rest of this year anyway) Mentally he is toast. I didn't have high expectations of him after seeing him in training camp. But even I didn't think he'd be this bad. He just looks lost. And unfortunately if you put Mannion in there at this point you're likely to get the same sort of "deer in the headlights" look.

Everyone who makes an evaluation of Keenum almost always says something along the lines of "he may be worse". Or he MAY NOT be any better. IMO he gives them the best chance to be competitive. His only opportunity was in less than ideal conditions. (Flacco was just as bad for much of that game). Let's put him in the dome and see what he can accomplish.

I'm not saying he's any long term solution. But he is the best they have to run out there at the moment.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

We as in the collective of coaches, Fisher isn't the only person involved in the franchise who needs to see what they have in Mannion. Lots of personnel get their mitts on and evaluate Mannion before he ends up on the field. Weinke, Garcia, Cigs and Fisher are some names that come to mind.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Keenum again? BFD...Who freakin' cares at this point? The Rams will finish 4-12. This team couldn't beat USC right now. Play the kid. Keenum is #2. Foles needs to be sent to QB rehab to overcome his GB-PTSD. Perhaps with enough of the right kind of help, he may still be able to live a somewhat normal life. Pick anyone of us fat-aced armchair QBs in here for the #3 spot. I'm almost fifty-freakin-four years old and I'm pretty confident that I could complete ten passes. Some of you younger guys would probably double that. BIFPO...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Play Jeff Garcia....all in. Another high pick so at least the offseason is going to be interesting again. Maybe one day we can look forwards to the actual season and postseason but they year is not this year....

Alan

Legend
HometownBoy with one view:
It's like Fisher forgot Foles sucked
Or maybe he remembered how Keenum looked compared to Foes in practice and the preseason.