Rams GM hints at urgent extension for Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
In the story it stated that they are working on several contracts now. My guess is Donald, Cooks and Joyner. I wouldnt start freaking out about Donald until training camp is about to start

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He loves LA??? I don't think Cook is more than $10 million a year wr....I'd put any player with Brees and Brady and watch them throw up several numbers...not any, but you know what I'm saying....

WR's....are crucial...I've seen that...but there's only a few Julio's....a few Antonio Brown's (who WAS clocked at 4.48 on his pro-day...)....and, Mike Evans....those guys are rare....I still remember how Julio was causing us problems in that playoff game...allowing Sanu to get off as well....

I'd think Cooks is worth what Wood's gets....no more...no less...
Count me against a new contract for Cooks, at this Time!! He hasn't Played a single down in a Rams Uni yet!!

jap

Legend
By the way, has anyone informed Woods that Cooks is now the #1 receiver on the Rams?

I doubt Robert cares that much. He comes across like the ultimate team player, one who does everything very well (i.e., catching, blocking, selling routes, etc.), and will probably embrace Brandin as one of his WR brothers. Robert is still the leader of that WR group . . . just like last season.

TexasRam

Legend
I’m not a big fan of signing WR’s to big money deals. Unless they are Elite Wr’s.

I like Cooks fit in our offense but that doesn’t mean I want to pay him more than 10 million per year.

I would save my money to restock my offensive line next year as 3 of them will be due new contracts.

Philly won a Super Bowl because their offensive line was the best in the NFL, with The same QB we ran out of town a few years ago.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Several thoughts about the Cooks extension issue...

Cooks should be a higher priority than either AD or Joyner. Wait, fellas, and hear me out before going ballistic.

Cooks is a UFA in less than 12 months, while AD remains under Ram control for at least 3 more years, if necessary. Then there’s also the little matter of the investment in a 1st in Cooks.

I consider Joyner slightly less pressing than those two simply because of my confidence in Snead’s ability to find Safeties in the draft. It might just come down to that.

In a perfect world, all three would be extended by camp. But this isn’t a perfect world, is it?

I, for one, will heave a deep sigh of relief upon hearing of the Cooks signing.

dang

Legend
One by one signing these young studs at fair market value. Hoping there is a strong desire to play for a rising team in a giant media market in the best facility (in near future) in the league.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not a big fan of signing WR’s to big money deals. Unless they are Elite Wr’s.

I like Cooks fit in our offense but that doesn’t mean I want to pay him more than 10 million per year.

I would save my money to restock my offensive line next year as 3 of them will be due new contracts.

Philly won a Super Bowl because their offensive line was the best in the NFL, with The same QB we ran out of town a few years ago.
I think you'll be disappointed because I don't see a way we can keep cooks for less than 10 mil per year.
My guess is it'll be between 12-15.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And with a WR who they gave a 4 year 52 mill contract to

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
None of them come in and produce even half or maybe a third what Cooks will.

Unless you're looking at it from a 5 year perspective. But yes, and I agree. We've got ourselves a heck of a one year rental at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless you're looking at it from a 5 year perspective. But yes, and I agree. We've got ourselves a heck of a one year rental at this point.
Most likely but I don’t think any of them have the production Cooks. Does on their first contract like Cooks has.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
@OnceARam
033-The-grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence.jpg

re: Could have ANY WR @ 23rd pick

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Count me against a new contract for Cooks, at this Time!! He hasn't Played a single down in a Rams Uni yet!!
I understood waiting to sign watson. Injuries atitude and production. Cooks, I think they know what they have. Sign him before he goes off in this offense and he cost 18 mil.

Ram65

Legend
Rams messed up on Watkins.

Have to think they have a better plan for Cooks.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

It has been reported that the Rams basically offered as much per year as the Chiefs did. So it was Watkins who messed up on the Rams.

Either way my personal belief is that the Rams are better off with Cooks than Watkins.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
It has been reported that the Rams basically offered as much per year as the Chiefs did. So it was Watkins who messed up on the Rams.

Either way my personal belief is that the Rams are better off with Cooks than Watkins.

They are.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

It didn't go the way they wanted. I still don't think they messed up, considering where the offense was when we acquired him. It was a risk they had to take. It showed the team that the front office was serious and played major benefits.