RAMS FINAL ROSTER - BIGGEST SURPRISES

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Chris Garrett doesn’t even make the practice squad. I wasn’t expecting that.
I was a little surprised as well, however, I think Hardy is an improved version with a higher ceiling. In addition, yes VM is gone but we are deeper starting the year at the edge than in past seasons, especially if T Lew is healthy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sure, if Carter was game-day active. That's a big IF because the Rams rarely had 3 TEs active on game-day last season.

And they can activate Practice Squad players, without taking them off the PS. All kinds of goofy rules in place. I think there's a limit to the number of times that can be done for a specific player.

McVay always talks about putting together a 53-man-roster, and a game-day roster (46-48 ... whatever the current rules allow) that gives the team the best chance to win that week's game. For the vast majority of the games last year, that was just two TEs. Now Special Teams are important, so maybe Carter gets activated for some games.
There always could be a situation where, if they are excited about a practice squad player and those players do continue to develop in practice, that the coach wouldn’t want them active on any game days because they wouldn’t want to be putting their improved talents on display.
Serious question. Do backup QBs bring additional value to the team such as teaching others the playbook, game planning, scouting the opposition, etc.?

From a purely talent and potential contribution in the future, both Wolfotd and Perkins are well below players in other positions. There must be imo reasons that are not related to related to game day performance/potential that explains Rams keeping 3 QBs
McVay is worried that both are coveted as backups to other teams. Perkins for his athleticism and Wolford because there are other teams trying to install the offense McVay runs.
Can QB2 not do this?
McVay did say that it’s nice to have two different style of QB so their skills match up better with the upcoming QB in the next game. Running QB/pocket passer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Evans is the only surprise to me. If he’s really one of the top three backup Olinemen then the Rams may need better backups.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Do we really need a 3'rd bench warming QB over a 3'rd TE or additional OL depth ?
Agreed.

To me, it only makes sense if there is a trade market for 1 of them.
I can see holding onto both, temporarily, to try and get something in return.
Other than that, why?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Running the scout team is one thing McVay stressed all preseason that people didn't seem to pay attention to.
That is the answer IMO. Perkins offers that running dimension which will keep the D on their toes in practice while Wolford will handle the reps on the O side. I'm sure Staffords participation in practice will be limited

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
1662042829387.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Supposedly was based on NFL Game playing experience.
Again, I believe this is overstated or overvalued by coaches. Evans has not been good, when called upon. In fact, the Rams against the Vikings went with an untested A.J. Jackson over the tested Evans after he injury to Brian Allen and the Rams had to reshuffle the Offensive Line again.

So you proved that Jackson answered the call, better then Evans would have, so why keep him because of game day experience, when it been proven otherwise and the fact you don't trust him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Evans is the only surprise to me. If he’s really one of the top three backup Olinemen then the Rams may need better backups.
The most disappointing component about this 2022 preseason was the performance of Ram's Offensive Line. Their overall play was truly Offensive.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Again, I believe this is overstated or overvalued by coaches. Evans has not been good, when called upon. In fact, the Rams against the Vikings went with an untested A.J. Jackson over the tested Evans after he injury to Brian Allen and the Rams had to reshuffle the Offensive Line again.

So you proved that Jackson answered the call, better then Evans would have, so why keep him because of game day experience, when it been proven otherwise and the fact you don't trust him.
Great points!

I try to learn by history & I saw the same points that you brought out above den. Rookie Alaric Jackson was @ times appeared to be the top Swing OT when both Noteboom & Whitworth were injured.

For most of 2021, either one or the other was out so Carberry had to have gone into the games with either Jackson or Evans as the Swing OT when both OT's Noteboom & Whitworth were injured Carberry went with ????? Wait for it....

Starting LG David Edwards!, not Bobby Evans not Alaric Jackson..... So David Edwards first answered the call & Coleman Shelton started his first NFL game @ LG for Edwards. Another OL injury then it was rookie Alaric Jackson NOT Bobby Evans. Before that game was done Carberry had his two inexperienced OL'ers on the field starting for injured OL'ers. Zero NFL game starts with Jackson & Shelton. His most experienced OL Bobby Evans was sitting on the bench.

For many of us after witnessing that past event, we should understand why so many of us here are confounded as to why Evans is still on this new MR53.

I said must be Evans's "experience factor" but as pointed out above that did not matter last season......it might be something else, perhaps some relapse or regression this year by both OL'ers Alaric Jackson & Tremayne Anchrum. :bueller:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You mean with all the 6 rounders that Les has coveted over the years, he has only two 6 rounders on the entire roster to show for it!?! He must be collecting these 6 rounders only as trade bait. Yes, that must surely be it!!!
Blue font?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Because Evans is depth at multiple positions BEHIND Anchrum and Jackson.
No one showed enough to be moved past him, and the league seems to back that up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Because Evans is depth at multiple positions BEHIND Anchrum and Jackson.
No one showed enough to be moved past him, and the league seems to back that up.
So Evans, who was so bad last year at RG, the Rams moved Austin Corbett back to RG and then went with Brian Allen at Center because Evans was a turnstile at RG?

Again, this is over valued. Granted, Evans on paper has played Guard, whereas, Arcuri is more of a Tackle, but all Evans has proved is that when playing Guard he sucks and he's not much better at Tackle. Sorry I'd rather go with someone else, but again, that's just me.