Rams Extend Havenstein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Don't under-sell yourself ... YOU sir are truly ... One-of-a-Kind.
I've seen a few doppelgangers out there, I'm not so sure there. Plus there are these miniature me's that run around my house demanding stuff and eating my food.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Hav and Donald are two great Fisher draft picks who are franchise foundational pieces.

TexasRam

Legend
Good move Kevin Mcsnead.

Havenstein ain’t perfect but he has maximized every bit of talent he has. He was really solid last year again, after refining his pass pro technique on the edge. He’s always a top tier run blocker as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EXCELLENT!

99 starts at RT for the Rams over 7 seasons. A rock on the right side.

Big Rob! Well done, Rams!

61d25e813d6cc.image.jpg

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd pay good money to see @oldnotdead sit down with McVay and Snead and explain to them that Hav really isn't very good.

Psycho_X

Legend
Excellent move, rock solid player who we can count on. Can't have flawless all pros at every position, this exactly the time of solid, veteran presence we need to keep on that oline.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EXCELLENT!

99 starts at RT for the Rams over 7 seasons. A rock on the right side.

Big Rob! Well done, Rams!

61d25e813d6cc.image.jpg
I had to do a double take when I read this. I was like, "How does he think Aaron Donald will start at Right Tackle?" LOL.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a great move. There are the haves and the have nots. I’m glad we have the Hav locked up.

The contract looks fair to me. Now A’Shawn and Gaines please.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so glad the rams have their tackles locked up for the next 3 years at least. can't be overstated how important that is for the team.

dang

Legend
My guess would be $5M this year converting the $8M deadcap to bonus money and spreading over 2 void years. He was right at market value this year. So 3 years (this year included) $7M next year then $10M the final year with about $12M deadcap.
[
Guess Again!!

oldnotdead

Legend
Look at the guaranteed money. Only $24.1M is guaranteed making it really $8M per year average. Translation, they have an out at anytime after this year. The actual structure will tell more when it's released. It also makes him tradeable because the contract is affordable.

That's why my guess was $30M spread over 4 years (3+1 void year). They did something similar with Woods.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I really like Havenstein. He is always so solid at RT, and although he can get beat by speed at times, is among the better RTs in the NFL. Happy to have Havenstein in horns!

I did somewhat suspect that the Rams might move on from him at the end of his contract, simply for salary cap reasons, and how many projected high-level years the team would project he has left in him.... it seems to Rams think he has a number left, at least.

I do not think "only" $24.1M guaranteed is a small sum, seeing as the entirety of the contract is about $30M.

Go Rams.