Rams Extend Havenstein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought for sure the Rams would let him walk at the end of the season, only because they have young (cheap) guys coming up. But I am always happy to see long-term players staying with the team. Congrats to Big Rob!! And go Rams!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought for sure the Rams would let him walk at the end of the season, only because they have young (cheap) guys coming up. But I am always happy to see long-term players staying with the team. Congrats to Big Rob!! And go Rams!
It made a lot of sense after the draft and knowing they pay a limited amount of people due to paying the top of the roster so well. We'll see the details of the deal in a day or two though.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead will have a core of good starting OL'ers remaining here to protect the aging worn veteran QB!

RT- Rob Havenstein-4 seasons under contract/UFA 2026
RG-Coleman Shelton- 2 seasons under contract/UFA 2024
OC-Brian Allen-3 seasons under contract/UFA 2025
LG-Logan Bruss-4 seasons under contract/UFA 2026
LT-Joe Noteboom-3 seasons under contract/UFA 2025

OT- Alaric Jackson-2 seasons under contract/2024 RFA
OG-Tremayne Anchrum-2 season under contract/2024 UFA
OT-Bobby Evans-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OG-David Edwards-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OC-Jeremiah Kolone-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OG-Chandler Brewer-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OT-AJ Arcuri-1 season contract/2023 UFA

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly would've preferred to see what A.J. Jackson can do at right tackle, but it's not an issue with Havenstein, but rather the money needed to re-sign him. I'm fine with this contract. I'm assuming that means that we move on from Edwards and maybe even Shelton after this year and put Bruss and A-Jax in the guard slots.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly would've preferred to see what A.J. Jackson can do at right tackle, but it's not an issue with Havenstein, but rather the money needed to re-sign him. I'm fine with this contract. I'm assuming that means that we move on from Edwards and maybe even Shelton after this year and put Bruss and A-Jax in the guard slots.

Shelton is signed thru the end of 2023. I suspect the Rams will replace the loss of Edwards in the draft, and Shelton will move to LG as Bruss returns at RG.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Gaines is cheap for the remainder of 2022, best we re-sign him long term following this year. jmo.
You can sign him now without affecting this season's cap. The benefit for him is he can get a guarantee bonus at the end of the season that would protect him against a severe injury. So he could be had cheaper now.

If he hits the market, coming off say a 5 or 6 sack season and generally a high level of play, he will be expensive.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead will have a core of good starting OL'ers remaining here to protect the aging worn veteran QB!

RT- Rob Havenstein-4 seasons under contract/UFA 2026
RG-Coleman Shelton- 2 seasons under contract/UFA 2024
OC-Brian Allen-3 seasons under contract/UFA 2025
LG-Logan Bruss-4 seasons under contract/UFA 2026
LT-Joe Noteboom-3 seasons under contract/UFA 2025

OT- Alaric Jackson-2 seasons under contract/2024 RFA
OG-Tremayne Anchrum-2 season under contract/2024 UFA
OT-Bobby Evans-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OG-David Edwards-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OC-Jeremiah Kolone-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OG-Chandler Brewer-1 season contract/2023 UFA
OT-AJ Arcuri-1 season contract/2023 UFA
This entire OL was in Fail mode against the Bills......shameful & terribly disappointing. Going to be a really tough year with no running game.

All that new long-term salary cap money spent & we got what we got tonight from them.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can see the details of Havenstein's contract on Spotrac.

Looks like it creates about $4.5M of cap space this year, with a cap-hit of $5.1M; and a very manageable 2023 cap-hit of $8.7M.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can see the details of Havenstein's contract on Spotrac.

Looks like it creates about $4.5M of cap space this year, with a cap-hit of $5.1M; and a very manageable 2023 cap-hit of $8.7M.
1662932958439.png