Rams Depth Chart Question!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
so you would keep three slot wrs and two other guys who could play the slot?
cooper kupp is out #1 slot wr and the rams will keep at best one other guy.
at this point i think mike thomas is a lock to make the 53, just because he can play outside.
maybe a guy like marque north can be a wr who can make the roster over him, i don't know, but mike thomas is not competing with cooper or spruce.
no way the rams keep kupp, cooper and spruce. i don't believe that at all.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Spruce might last on the practice squad, but if he doesn't, that means that better wide receivers beat him out, like you said.

Thank you for the response.

I think what Rams43 meant was that Spruce won't even get to the practice squad because he would be claimed off waivers first. I tend to agree, but it will all depend on health and PS performance. I think he can play and I think the Rams and other teams think so too. For all we know, had McVay been HC, he would have drafted Spruce last year and not Thomas. We're all guessing until September.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bet you ALL my ROD bucks that short of injury, Mannion will be the backup. You actually think they'd go with ONLY a 2nd year player and a rookie?
No....but Mannion's experience is only 25 plays more than any rookie...and the rookie QB will be McVay's personal choice....I think he'd want his own guy back there learning....rather than Fisher's.

But your $30k ROD dollars are an intriguing option....you wanna make a lil wager in the exchange about Mannion making the squad?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I do believe it is too early to make projection about which specific Players will be left on the 53 man Roster and the PS! which is why I started this as strictly a "Numbers at specific Positions" count!
That being said. your 6 WR's I believe is correct, except I, personally, would dump both Mike Thomas, and Bradley Marquez and keep Spruce! JMHO!

I hear you, there are a few guys on the WR roster bubble that are on serious 'prove your worth' notices IMO.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I do believe it is too early to make projection about which specific Players will be left on the 53 man Roster and the PS! which is why I started this as strictly a "Numbers at specific Positions" count!
That being said. your 6 WR's I believe is correct, except I, personally, would dump both Mike Thomas, and Bradley Marquez and keep Spruce! JMHO!

I almost had 3 QBs and 5 WRs though...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No....but Mannion's experience is only 25 plays more than any rookie...and the rookie QB will be McVay's personal choice....I think he'd want his own guy back there learning....rather than Fisher's.

But your $30k ROD dollars are an intriguing option....you wanna make a lil wager in the exchange about Mannion making the squad?
There you go Champ, always trying to make some easy ROD$$$!(y);):LOL:

Off Topic: Champ are you betting on tonight's NBA game!?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Off Topic: Champ are you betting on tonight's NBA game!?
yes sir......I'm glad I was running around doing softball dad duties yesterday or I would've bet on the Cavs and lost....but I put a lil something on Golden State tonight....but I wonder does Pop have a plan and will Leonard play?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Not sure how the exchange works, but yeah, I meant what I said. Mannion's making the squad.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mike Thomas is special fellas....I really like the way he looks....I'd be surprised he's not a totally different looking player in 2017.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Mike Thomas is special fellas....I really like the way he looks....I'd be surprised he's not a totally different looking player in 2017.

If Thomas brings his "HANDS" to camp and the preseason this year, I'm very confident he makes the 53.

:icare:
giphy.0.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Thomas brings his "HANDS" to camp and the preseason this year, I'm very confident he makes the 53.
I've played a LOT of football, coached a bit too....and Yeah, he dropped it....right in his hands...but look closely....that agonizingly long wait for the ball to arrive...while underthrown...with a db baring down on you...and you're a rookie...makes that a much tougher catch than it appears....throw that ball out there...in front of him....and I'd BET my growing ROD $$$$$$ pot he makes that catch...
No excuses tho...he dropped it...but that is NOT an accurate pass.... with plenty of time in the pocket & space to step up in the pocket...as I've said b4, that's a floating medicine ball....they kind that receivers end up in hospitals waiting on them to come down, while safeties close to make a knockout hit....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I've played a LOT of football, coached a bit too....and Yeah, he dropped it....right in his hands...but look closely....that agonizingly long wait for the ball to arrive...while underthrown...with a db baring down on you...and you're a rookie...makes that a much tougher catch than it appears....throw that ball out there...in front of him....and I'd BET my growing ROD $$$$$$ pot he makes that catch...
No excuses tho...he dropped it...but that is NOT an accurate pass.... with plenty of time in the pocket & space to step up in the pocket...as I've said b4, that's a floating medicine ball....they kind that receivers end up in hospitals waiting on them to come down, while safeties close to make a knockout hit....

Maybe they will allow him to play with a football size net on the end of his hands?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

The Throw had Perfect Accuracy CHAMP..

Now was it under thrown by a yard ?.. YES it was and JG no doubt needs to work on launching the ball earlier with his deep throws. He did the same thing to Britt in New England though Britt caught the ball, it was under thrown so Kenny couldn't take it to the house for 6.

JG had this issue sometimes at California and I'm expecting McVay and LaFleur to help him perfect his deep ball release timing in ota's/camp/preseason. As you already know Champ, If a QB doesn't have a Cannon Arm with his deep ball, then he has to launch the ball a quarter of second earlier. (this could be a footwork issue as well) This can be corrected though and JG needs to get extra familiar this season with the timing of all his WR's deep ball speed...

giphy.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As you already know Champ, If a QB doesn't have a Cannon Arm with his deep ball, then he has to launch the ball a quarter of second earlier. (this could be a footwork issue as well)

Does Carson Wentz have to launch the ball?:whistle:...Only because I love ya @Florida_Ram

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JG had this issue sometimes at California
Yes he did...

I'm used to seeing pumped up rookie QB's overthrow guys....

I still say an accurate pass, arrives ON TIME, in a location that allows the receiver to protect themselves. That ball was under-thrown and took Thomas into contact of a player running full speed.

I'm nitpicking....of course...but all drops are NOT created equal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm nitpicking....of course...but all drops are NOT created equal.

Now I only played Center and coached a bit too, however, I always thought if the receivers got their hands on the pigskin, they should catch it.