Rams Depth Chart Question!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Threw it from his 20 to the other team's 20 flat footed, quite an impressive throw if you ask me.

Now doubt he does have an impressive cannon.... He also has a SALE going on right now... I think if you call today before 5 pm you can get one for you and the wife 50% off :rolllaugh:

Only because I love ya @den-the-coach

thumb.aspx

Ram65

Legend
I've played a LOT of football, coached a bit too....and Yeah, he dropped it....right in his hands...but look closely....that agonizingly long wait for the ball to arrive...while underthrown...with a db baring down on you...and you're a rookie...makes that a much tougher catch than it appears....throw that ball out there...in front of him....and I'd BET my growing ROD $$$$$$ pot he makes that catch...
No excuses tho...he dropped it...but that is NOT an accurate pass.... with plenty of time in the pocket & space to step up in the pocket...as I've said b4, that's a floating medicine ball....they kind that receivers end up in hospitals waiting on them to come down, while safeties close to make a knockout hit....

Sounds like you made a few excuses. Thomas dropped a kickoff too. I'll give you this it was a small sampling size so the drops stood out. I wasn't a fan based on the drops but, I looking forward to his see him this year. He is in the running for STer and 6th WR.

Threw it from his 20 to the other team's 20 flat footed, quite an impressive throw if you ask me.

Impressive and intercepted.

Wentz has that long wind up/delivery and is considered inaccurate on his deep throws.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Now I only played Center and coached a bit too, however, I always thought if the receivers got their hands on the pigskin, they should catch it.
I played line as a youngin too...Center for half a season in fact....then moved to guard, then Tackle...I went both ways when I was a tackle....I kind liked line play. I blocked for Anthony Sargent one season...he was a Rams wr...only practice squad. Oh, I also blocked for Jameil Holliway...Oklahoma fame...I think you learn the game better up there on the line. We had a QB that was the coaches son...and he was always yelling at dudes...grabbing face masks...yeah, he was special. He's the prince that ran me to defense.

If the ball touches your hands...or glove...the saying is, you gotta catch it....and he did drop the ball. But that wasn't an easy catch...made more difficult by the closing defender and being slightly underthrown. And with no pressure and a clean pocket, that can't happen. Or shouldn't.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
I played line as a youngin too...Center for half a season in fact....then moved to guard, then Tackle...I went both ways when I was a tackle....I kind liked line play. I blocked for Anthony Sargent one season...he was a Rams wr...only practice squad. Oh, I also blocked for Jameil Holliway...Oklahoma fame...I think you learn the game better up there on the line. We had a QB that was the coaches son...and he was always yelling at dudes...grabbing face masks...yeah, he was special. He's the prince that ran me to defense.

If the ball touches your hands...or glove...the saying is, you gotta catch it....and he did drop the ball. But that wasn't an easy catch...made more difficult by the closing defender and being slightly underthrown. And with no pressure and a clean pocket, that can't happen. Or shouldn't.

If a WR drops a ball because a defender is closing in on him. he doesn't belong here. A defender is almost always closing in. It's not like the DB physically influenced the catch; he hit MT at about the same time as the ball hit the ground. We'll see if there has been improvement when the hitting starts, but I have my doubts about whether MT will ever have the hands.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If a WR drops a ball because a defender is closing in on him. he doesn't belong here. A defender is almost always closing in. It's not like the DB physically influenced the catch; he hit MT at about the same time as the ball hit the ground.
The one reason I wanted to do journalism a long time ago is I hated the way no one asked tough questions...It's changed now...but the one question I would have asked Mike Thomas, in regards to this play, early in the game, with a chance to steal momentum,is...did you see #23 coming at you, and did it cause you to lose concentration? Because it looked like the classic concentration drop....not focused...and as a rookie, that's to be expected.
I understand concentration drops...had quite a few myself...what I can't stand is when guys drop throws right in the hands, WITH NO ONE AROUND. That's concentration too....but I put that in another category.

I remember guys in here were saying how good Pharoh Cooper's hands were.....then he started dropping a few too...it happens...These guys are rooks.

I'm more worried about guys that can't create separation and get open. Because you can't necessarily FIX that with coaching and practice. You can run better routes, but that doesn't ensure you'll start getting open. Same with catching too, you can practice but there is no guarantee that you'll automatically begin grabbing the ball outta the air. All you can do is practice....and I've seen/witnessed more success stories with catching than with all of a sudden a guy starts getting open.