Rams Defense vs Cowboys?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Did not get to see the game but am curious on other Rams Fans thoughts/opinions on how the Rams Defense (Especially, The Linebackers) played last night. From what I have read the Rams Defense was kind of “BEND BUT DON’T BREAK” last night??? And, I did see replays of Fuller’s STOP which may have saved the Game for the Rams! GREAT WIN FOR THE RAMS!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

every second run zeke made included at least 3 missed tackles.

it's the first game of the year with no interaction with any team before it. new scheme. we can't make judgement for a few weeks yet.

missed tackles galore around the league this week.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Micah Kaiser is a BIG liability. He is short, thick as hell, and slow. That angle he took on Zeke on the sideline was fuckin pathetic. We need someone else to step up. Holy shit.

He looked fine in the box running down hill on the run plays. But in the open field? Nope

TexasRam

Legend
Micah Kaiser is a BIG liability. He is short, thick as hell, and slow. That angle he took on Zeke on the sideline was fuckin pathetic. We need someone else to step up. Holy shit.

He looked fine in the box running down hill on the run plays. But in the open field? Nope

Yea I honestly think this might be the worst linebacking crew in the NFL. Certainly the worst the Rams have fielded in a long time.

Also I hope Fuller continues to make plays but my honest feeling based on scouting reports coming out is he is going to be a huge liability in pass coverage.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea I honestly think this might be the worst linebacking crew in the NFL. Certainly the worst the Rams have fielded in a long time.

Also I hope Fuller continues to make plays but my honest feeling based on scouting reports coming out is he is going to be a huge liability in pass coverage.
I was shocked to see Fuller in there but I didn't see much Burgess.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We conceded 17 points to an excellent offense. I'd say the D did pretty fucking well.

Ants

Starter
There were at least 3 or 4 plays where Zeke ran a swing route and the Rams had NOBODY in the area. Fortunately Dak only saw him once and went downfield with the rest. But OUCH! - that NEEDS to be fixed.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

every second run zeke made included at least 3 missed tackles.

it's the first game of the year with no interaction with any team before it. new scheme. we can't make judgement for a few weeks yet.

missed tackles galore around the league this week.

Ewok might be the best RB the Rams see all year.

What stuns me is the fucking nose ring...does he work at Starbucks in the off-season? LOL

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There were hiccups.
Its a new defense. New faces, new schemes. No preseason.
They faced a top offense and held them to 17.

Thats good shit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with what's been written so far. Keep in mind that it is early and this is a newly installed defense. So maybe things will gel better in a few weeks. The missed tackles were a problem, but that is also what Zeke does to teams. He is difficult to tackle. The Rams missed a lot of tackles last year against the boys.

This defense was very weak on the short field edges. Maybe the bend but don't break style was a result of the team being new to the defense, so they played it safe to limit big plays. I hope so. A predominantly bend but don't break style can drive me crazy watching it. At least they played better in the second half. Three points is a good result and they really stepped up late in the game.

ausmurp

Starter
Defense stepped up big in this one. I think OLBs played well/better than I expected. Might have a sleeper in Polite. But ILB... Ouch. So bad. Kaiser was terrible. They'll get better but we just don't have the play makes there. Our D is not going to stop a team like the Ravens, but luckily we don't play a team like that. Pass D was pretty good and should get to near elite level this yr.

ausmurp

Starter
Defense stepped up big in this one. I think OLBs played well/better than I expected. Might have a sleeper in Polite. But ILB... Ouch. So bad. Kaiser was terrible. They'll get better but we just don't have the play makes there. Our D is not going to stop a team like the Ravens, but luckily we don't play a team like that. Pass D was pretty good and should get to near elite level this yr.

Didn't Floyd play ILB for the Bears when someone was hurt for almost a full yr and played above avg? Might need to make that change...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I agree with what's been written so far. Keep in mind that it is early and this is a newly installed defense. So maybe things will gel better in a few weeks. The missed tackles were a problem, but that is also what Zeke does to teams. He is difficult to tackle. The Rams missed a lot of tackles last year against the boys.

This defense was very weak on the short field edges. Maybe the bend but don't break style was a result of the team being new to the defense, so they played it safe to limit big plays. I hope so. A predominantly bend but don't break style can drive me crazy watching it. At least they played better in the second half. Three points is a good result and they really stepped up late in the game.
And the three were a result of a non call that gave them a short field.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn

I thought Kiser played well, only the one bad play where he overran Zeke and he cut back.

Psycho_X

Legend
Defense was horrendous in the first half, good with splashes of great in the second half. Looking forward to seeing it develop as the season progresses.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'll admit, I was complaining about the defense in the first half. Thinking maybe they won't have this improved defense I was hoping for. but whatever adjustments they made in the second half worked. Held them to 3 points after halftime. There were times they allowed too many open receivers. They missed some tackles. They bent but they didn't break. If this is our defense this year I can live with it. Won't be a top 5 defense but they won't have to be. Just don't get blown out like they did a few times last year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I can't get over how Donald wiped out two offensive lineman and then hit Prescott all within a half a second.