Rams cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Over who? He'll likely if kept be the 7th WR unless we trade somebody in the top 6 ahead of him. Is he worth reducing our depth at another position?

You want Ryan Shakier ?? Tavon is all that & so much more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was the quote ?
Ah not the quote you quoted earlier :) I don't like Ryan never was a fan that comment was making fun of the many people who thought he was great cause he ran a fast 40 and said he'd make the team and contribute. And it looks like he was one of the first cut. Maybe he makes the PS but who knows.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ah not the quote you quoted earlier :) I don't like Ryan never was a fan that comment was making fun of the many people who thought he was great cause he ran a fast 40 and said he'd make the team and contribute. And it looks like he was one of the first cut. Maybe he makes the PS but who knows.

I don't even think he makes PS. Good call then .
It will be interesting, I think Donnal goes on pup list ? Maybe The Rams bring in another O'lineman ??
Is there a position you think The Rams will use on the waiver wire ??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't even think he makes PS. Good call then .
It will be interesting, I think Donnal goes on pup list ? Maybe The Rams bring in another O'lineman ??
Is there a position you think The Rams will use on the waiver wire ??
Only thing really that comes to mind is Guard. I really don't like anybody that's played Guard for us this offseason other than Eldrenkamp. We could go for a 3rd QB but not sure who really. How bout you?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Big freaking difference between him & Sullivan. -- Love The Rams upgrade at center.
Barnes wasn't even good enough to be a backup for the 9ers.
True and I agreed with cutting him.

But Barnes did as well as he could he just wasn't a physical specimen.
He was put in a tough position and still gave it his all.
I credit any player that tries.
He was also smart.
Never fumbled a snap. Ever.
Was a decent run blocker.
And recovered two fumbles to outright win a game for us. ( wins have been rare )

Bravo Tim.
You don't have a damn thing to be ashamed of and should actually be proud of yourself.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again

I would think practice squad candidates won't be cut until as late as possible to prevent other teams setting sights on them before the flood of 1200 cut players.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would think practice squad candidates won't be cut until as late as possible to prevent other teams setting sights on them before the flood of 1200 cut players.
Or you can cut them first in an attempt to make them look like they were the worst players on the team of the 90.

But of course that might not work. :D

fearsomefour

Legend
Over who? He'll likely if kept be the 7th WR unless we trade somebody in the top 6 ahead of him. Is he worth reducing our depth at another position?
7th.
I think he has more potential than the unhearalded TEs.
Don't know if he can be stashed again (if he was last year) on the PS.
I am sure he will get picked up somewhere.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7th.
I think he has more potential than the unhearalded TEs.
Don't know if he can be stashed again (if he was last year) on the PS.
I am sure he will get picked up somewhere.
So McRoberts as a 7th WR is more valuable than one of Everett or Higbee? I'd maybe keep him over Harkey but personally I'm keeping Everett, Higbee, Hemingway and Wilson over him. I never understood the fascination with McRoberts or Spruce (he had one exciting game). We have WR's that can do what those 2 do and they do more.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I'm interested to see how McVay does with challenges. I think that's one of the tough in game coaching jobs is managing those - figuring out not just if you will win or lose the challenge - but even past that when it matters enough to throw it.

Don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure he said he was entirely delegating challenges to an assistant coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Only thing really that comes to mind is Guard. I really don't like anybody that's played Guard for us this offseason other than Eldrenkamp. We could go for a 3rd QB but not sure who really. How bout you?

I'd say the same because of Andrew Donall . Maybe RT though ? Williams has played mostly LT.
TE maybe ? Maybe even a run stuffer ? The depth because of The loss of D. Easley ??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say the same because of Andrew Donall . Maybe RT though ? Williams has played mostly LT.
TE maybe ? Maybe even a run stuffer ? The depth because of The loss of D. Easley ??
The only OT that I'd consider was Ty Sambrailo it looked like he was going to get cut but was traded instead. Really haven't seen any speculation on an OT being cut that interest me unfortunately. I'm really looking at that position being what it is for the year. I'm dead set on our 1st round pick being an OT next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure he said he was entirely delegating challenges to an assistant coach.
He did say this in a very recent presser, I think right after preseason week 3. He cited other coaches that have done the same thing plus if he's focusing on the offense after a drive Wade or Bones may need to challenge something and they have autonomy to do it.

Psycho_X

Legend
I like McRoberts and hope gets on PS. Man has some crazy physical tools if a team can store him for experience. I was hoping to see him make team in offseason but the addition of Watkins and Reynolds made him expendable.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm of the opinion that the cuts coming will honestly not be surprising. We are blessed with pretty good, but unproven, starting talent (as a whole), but our depth in many key areas i.e. the trenches, running backs, and secondary, concern me still.

With that said, I am confident Les will find some gems for us like he has in the past and I also think our practice squad could be stacked!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Nowadays the thing is; you carry two quarterbacks for Gameday actives and also on the 53.
Your third quarterback is on the practice squad or you pick him up off the street if you lose one of the two on your 53.
Three quarterbacks just seem to be a luxury or you really feel that third guy could eventually be your starter one day so you have to keep him on your 53.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm totally OK with McBob getting cut. Simply said, he wasn't good enough to make our roster. Shake didn't have a chance. No surprises so far. Justin Davis is way more explosive than Green, and he brings something a little different than what we've had.