Rams Cuts Begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Memento makes a secret video, for Obi Wan Peterson... "AP, you are only hope...."

K2zvqxZ.gif

fLYYqSi.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If a FB were going to add balance to the offense like you're saying why wasn't one added? We added two fast WR's in the draft and FA. We added a fast WR converting him to TE. We added a fast RB not a plodder. Everything he's done and said leads to speed not a plodding RB.

He wanted to balance the offense because we were slow and pedestrian last year. We had one run over 40 yards and 2 at 40 (one was a WR). We added a fast RB. We were tied for 22nd in 40+ yard passes with 6. McVay adds Harris, TuTu and DJax.

I get it you want a FB and you think McVay said he wanted one but I've yet to see any moves from him indicating a FB is in his plans. You'd think he would have added one at some point but he keeps ignoring it. He let Brandin Cooks go and never replaced him, he slowed the offense down for 2020 and regretted it mightily to the tune of adding nothing but speed on both sides of the ball.

As I said, a FB would be used situationally, not in any way that would slow down our offense. And a HB/FB should possess an ability to succeed in short yardage situations and take some pressure off of our injury prone RB's. He could be a more useful #3 on the depth chart rather than a bench warmer. jmo.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just get a kick out of it. Multiple people every year are dead set on us adding a FB. And every year, so far, we don't ever come close to doing it. One of these years we made add one. I just haven't seen anything in his offense or his play calling that would lead people to think he would use and take advantage of a FB.
McVay did throw us a curve ball his first draft, by drafting Sam Rodgers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sony Michel ran behind a FB quite a bit in NE it appears. He looked just as effective as a singleback...but there will be some adjustment there.

I've always used a FB in Madden just in case anyone cares. :sunglasses:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay did throw us a curve ball his first draft, by drafting Sam Rodgers.
Yes the only guy that didn't make the team from that draft. And he never drafted or signed another one as a free agent. Yet some how he's signalling to us he wants one without ever adding one? I don't get it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And Perkins was playing behind a scrub OL with no 1st team receiving talent…elusiveness buys time in the NFL for off schedule plays…I’m good with the decision to work with him.
Yeah that’s why guys like Vick have all those Super Bowl rings and they call him GOAT.

oh

Oh wait that’s not him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said, a FB would be used situationally, not in any way that would slow down our offense. And a HB/FB should possess an ability to succeed in short yardage situations and take some pressure off of our injury prone RB's. He could be a more useful #3 on the depth chart rather than a bench warmer. jmo.
If McVay wants a FB, Ben Mason is on waivers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Evans is a vested veteran so he won't have to go thru waivers. I think Anchrum would clear waivers because he's not ready to play and waiver claims must be added to the 53 roster.
As others have said, 4 accrued seasons = vested. Evans not vested.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If McVay wants a FB, Ben Mason is on waivers.

I brought it up here as soon as it was announced that he was being cut. I doubt it happens, although I'd certainly advocate for putting in a claim. I'm guessing the Ravens will pick him back up after he clears waivers, I don't believe he was given a single snap during the pre-season games, and he seems to be more in their long term plans after their current FB plays out his contract. jmo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sony Michel ran behind a FB quite a bit in NE it appears. He looked just as effective as a singleback...but there will be some adjustment there.

I've always used a FB in Madden just in case anyone cares. :sunglasses:
Email your plays to McVay

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I say we pick him up just because I love his name
This.

Would instantly become one of the ten greatest Ram names of all time.

Just imagine screaming his name in anger after a fumble... or in joy after a TD.

Les, go sign this guy for his name alone.

DAMAREA CROCKETT!!!