Rams' core was in place when Fisher arrived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't think I'd put too much in the quote by Quinn. Hell, seasoned PR guys mis-speak all the time. Do we really think a 23 year old DE in the NFL has his terms all straight when he is offering up sound bites? I honestly think if that is what he felt, he wouldn't say it for fear of reprisal and also because of what it could potentially do to the team's future. I would instead suggest that what he means is that they all think they have the right plan and then something goes awry. Missed tackles, a player on the other team has a hot hand, etc... Sure much of that can be argued that it is on the coaches but when he says it's not the personnel, I think he is just saying that they have a good team.
No game plan survives first contact with an opponent. Umm, depending on the opponent.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't think I'd put too much in the quote by Quinn. Hell, seasoned PR guys mis-speak all the time. Do we really think a 23 year old DE in the NFL has his terms all straight when he is offering up sound bites? I honestly think if that is what he felt, he wouldn't say it for fear of reprisal and also because of what it could potentially do to the team's future. I would instead suggest that what he means is that they all think they have the right plan and then something goes awry. Missed tackles, a player on the other team has a hot hand, etc... Sure much of that can be argued that it is on the coaches but when he says it's not the personnel, I think he is just saying that they have a good team.
Yup people who spin words for a living get hold of guys who run into people for a living and ACT like they are interested in THEM in order to get them to say JUST THE WRONG THING,and then they pounce on it and FWIW sometimes they change the words just enough to make a story.

Ergo you have coaches like Belichek who want to control every word that comes out of players mouths.

MUCH ADIEU

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yup people who spin words for a living get hold of guys who run into people for a living and ACT like they are interested in THEM in order to get them to say JUST THE WRONG THING,and then they pounce on it and FWIW sometimes they change the words just enough to make a story.

Ergo you have coaches like Belichek who want to control every word that comes out of players mouths.

MUCH ADIEU

Purdy much. I've been in interviews during my time in politics and read the story that came out afterwards and could swear the "journalist" wasn't in the same room during the interview. For all we know, the two sentences uttered by Quinn were in response to two totally different questions. All I know is I have repeatedly seen reporters jumble words and phrases after an interview to make it fit either their agenda or to make a much neater package within their story. About the only thing I can take from what Quinn reportedly said is that he probably said THOSE WORDS. How he said them? In what context? Even in what freakin order? Who knows.