Rams bringing back JoJo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Coleman
:DStaying with the Beatles "JoJo left his home.....for some California grass" theme....

WHAT IF....
JoJo Natson turns out to be the Ringo Starr to Pharoh Cooper's Pete Best, eh!!??:D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cooper hasn't been the same dude since that playoff loss. I am very happy with this signing and suspect a lot of folks will be surprised by how well Natson plays in relief.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper hasn't been the same dude since that playoff loss. I am very happy with this signing and suspect a lot of folks will be surprised by how well Natson plays in relief.
hahaha wasn't himself since the playoff loss? You mean that one half of one game he played before he got hurt? Such a downward spiral :D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
hahaha wasn't himself since the playoff loss? You mean that one half of one game he played before he got hurt? Such a downward spiral :D

I actually thought Cooper looked pretty darn good before his injury and I still blame him for the playoff loss. I look for Cooper to come back strong, but the Rams did not replace Cooper with no ordinary Joe, they replaced him with JoJo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't expect Natson to exceed the Pro Bowler he's replacing, what I am hopeful for is that Natson secures the ball first and everything after is gravy. I like that Natson has both experience in preseason and some game day experience as well, 7 games with the Jets. Also replacing Cooper, I wanted someone who could return both punts & kickoffs and Natson can do that and because he was with the Rams knows the playbook as well.

@bubbaramfan so astutely pointed out that Natson was very effective running the Jet Sweep in Training Camp and @BonifayRam also illustrated that Natson might be used by McVay in that format, but all that I hoping for, is to catch every ball, not muff any and once in a while bring a smile to my face.

Natson last year returned 16 punts for 38 yards and fumbled once. Hardly a performance to write home about. He returned 16 kicks only 10 of which went for 20+ yards and averaged 20.3 yards a kick return. Hardly a performance to write home about. I saw Bubba's post and while I have nothing but respect for Bubba was that in practices? Because in preseason stats Natson did not record a single carry and he caught 5 passes for 30 yards with a long of 11 yards. Again that's hardly a performance to write home about.His preseason returns were better than last years performance but again nothing earth shattering. People from the moment it was reported that Cooper was hurt couldn't stop bringing up this guys name and talking about how we had to have him. I hope he kicks major ass for us as much as anybody. I just don't see what's so impressive about the young man.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2018&team=LA&seasonType=PRE

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
People from the moment it was reported that Cooper was hurt couldn't stop bringing up this guys name and talking about how we had to have him. I hope he kicks major ass for us as much as anybody. I just don't see what's so impressive about the young man.

IMHO I think people posted about him because he was available and had a good training camp and preseason...Granted for the Jets nothing great, but at the very minimum he does have some game day experience along with going through TC & Preseason.

Overall, most are expecting Natson to not screw up and hope that Cooper is available come December and in Post Season as being an adequate replacement for a pro bowler, might be something to write home about.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Natson last year returned 16 punts for 38 yards and fumbled once. Hardly a performance to write home about. He returned 16 kicks only 10 of which went for 20+ yards and averaged 20.3 yards a kick return. Hardly a performance to write home about. I saw Bubba's post and while I have nothing but respect for Bubba was that in practices? Because in preseason stats Natson did not record a single carry and he caught 5 passes for 30 yards with a long of 11 yards. Again that's hardly a performance to write home about.His preseason returns were better than last years performance but again nothing earth shattering. People from the moment it was reported that Cooper was hurt couldn't stop bringing up this guys name and talking about how we had to have him. I hope he kicks major ass for us as much as anybody. I just don't see what's so impressive about the young man.

How did he compare to the other Jet returners? I mean were their special teams any good? Was he getting decent blocking? Was he backed up a lot due to poor field position?

Not saying he is anything special, but he does have some juice/speed and seems to go up the field unlike Austin. So his speed is intriguing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How did he compare to the other Jet returners? I mean were their special teams any good? Was he getting decent blocking? Was he backed up a lot due to poor field position?

Not saying he is anything special, but he does have some juice/speed and seems to go up the field unlike Austin. So his speed is intriguing.
This is what I was wondering and was just about to post about it. He was their most consistent kick returner and the Yets didn’t force a huge number of punts. He split punt returning duties and neither one of the top returners (as far as number of returns) did much. Kerley had 5.3 yards per punt return v Natson’s 2.4.

No matter how you slice it, the Yets return game wasn’t special. Whether it was the guys with the ball in hand or the other 10 is difficult to say but they tried several players for both duties and none of them did much with the exception of one long (40 yard) kick return.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes OS, I was referring to TC 11on 11's-- JoJo did some jet sweeps for the 2nd and 3rd teams. and picked up some good yds IIRC.

I just wanted to point out JoJo has done jet sweeps, albut in TC.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
BTW, have we come a long way...just was looking at the 2011 Rams roster. Spags last year...my gawd

Saffold only one left of course.

Offensive Starters
QB Sam Bradford
RB Steven Jackson
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Billy Bajema
TE Lance Kendricks
LT Rodger Saffold
LG Jacob Bell
C Jason Brown
C Tony Wragge
RG Harvey Dahl

Defensive Starters
DE James Hall
DE Chris Long
LDT Fred Robbins
RDT Justin Bannan
MLB James Laurinaitis
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Brady Poppinga
LCB Justin King
RCB Bradley Fletcher
SS Darian Stewart
FS Quintin Mikell
Special Teams Starters
K Josh Brown
P Donnie Jones
Holy crap. We didn't even have a right tackle that year?

dang

Legend
I am too lazy to look it up - so - how many games did Cooper perform at his all-pro level last year? It seems it took a while for him to get into a groove, then his hit his stride but lost it by the end of the year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am too lazy to look it up - so - how many games did Cooper perform at his all-pro level last year? It seems it took a while for him to get into a groove, then his hit his stride but lost it by the end of the year.

Pretty much as soon as they gave him the job. He was making great returns every game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Didn't he return a kickoff to the 30 yard line? he also made some positve yards on a punt return. I do believe he was being over cautious but he definitely didn't suck. I guess some fans are ready to quit on him after one bad game

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMHO I think people posted about him because he was available and had a good training camp and preseason...

Pretty much. He seems to work well with the Rams' blocking lanes and did a good job. Again I think people forget it isn't just one guy on special teams. Our return teams are very good at creating lanes and hopefully this young player will be able to do something with that.

I just think his production will be higher than expected. Due to the aforementioned other 10 players on the return team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
:DStaying with the Beatles "JoJo left his home.....for some California grass" theme....

WHAT IF....
JoJo Natson turns out to be the Ringo Starr to Pharoh Cooper's Pete Best, eh!!??:D
Something to consider even though I'm a big Pharoh Cooper fan and was able to see him playing in college and he's an actual homeboy of mine;

Some of Pharoh Coopers success seems to be the great and precise blocking he gets on special teams.

Even though we had four or five special teams penalties last game, the blocking was still pretty good on the returns.
Our special teams return units have looked exceptional since we've had Fassel here.

I expect JoJo can blossom.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, have we come a long way...just was looking at the 2011 Rams roster. Spags last year...my gawd

Saffold only one left of course.

Offensive Starters
QB Sam Bradford
RB Steven Jackson
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Billy Bajema
TE Lance Kendricks
LT Rodger Saffold
LG Jacob Bell
C Jason Brown
C Tony Wragge
RG Harvey Dahl

Defensive Starters
DE James Hall
DE Chris Long
LDT Fred Robbins
RDT Justin Bannan
MLB James Laurinaitis
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Brady Poppinga
LCB Justin King
RCB Bradley Fletcher
SS Darian Stewart
FS Quintin Mikell
Special Teams Starters
K Josh Brown
P Donnie Jones
Damn that’s bad ... If they were in their prime I see three players (excluding scaffold because he is ) of starting on this team today the rest wouldn’t even make back ups

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How bout Gnatson eh? Pretty damn good first game in horns. (y)

Oh and those other 10 guys on the return team played their @$$es off they share in that game ball, open lanes were there. :D