CELEBRATE !! Rams beat Panthers Celebration Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
The Rams are tied for 1st place in the NFC West right now. If the season ended today, there would be three NFC teams in the playoffs that currently have a 3-3 record. So, the Rams are definitely "In It".

Also happy with yesterday's win; and how the offense moved the ball on it's final three 2nd-half possessions. Liked the tempo, line-play, execution and production (one FG and two TDs; and the FG-drive would have been another TD if a line judge calls a clear face-mask right in front of him/her).

Still, it's Not All Gravy. A team can only beat the opponent it's facing, and the Rams did that. However, Carolina looks like a team that wants a top-3 pick in 2023 for a prized-QB. For example, the Panthers had the Rams on fourth down from their 30, with a minute to play in the half and all three timeouts but let the clock run before the Rams punted and then took-a-knee. The Panthers game-plan, with their third-string-QB, was very basic and conservative ... did Carolina even try a pass down-field? And their 4th-string-QB had to play in their final two possessions.

Again, good win, nice win, some positives ... Needed Win ... but there's a long way to go.
They tried one pass down field and it was a horrible pass to a wide open receiver that went out of bounds

fearsomefour

Legend
Ernest Jones was excellent today.
Ramsey was as well....it is very telling when the outside pass rush is coming from a CB. Hello, EDGE....where are you?
Copeland tied for tops in tackles with 6, two assists and a sack....he has been playing very well lately.
Aboushi had a couple of nice blocks and couple of disasters.....about what one would expect.
Kolone cannot block anything where he has to move laterally, at least yesterday he couldn't. Immediately gave up penetration on virtually everyone of these plays. Allen can't get back quick enough.

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay always says, "it's tough to win a game in the NFL". I concur with your post. The Rams beat an NFL team they should have beat. Tampa, Green Bay and San Fran didn't.
Whiners got manhandled by the Falcons....the game wasn't as close as the two TD win would indicate.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They won't.

McVay loves this QB and an occasional interception is part of the deal, along with the no look passes, and the balls to the wall playoff performances. Matthew Stafford IS the guy that helped to win a Super Bowl, and we are just going to have to live with the occasional pick six.
When the pick-6 happened, I was wondering whether Skowronek was supposed to be in that spot.

Thought the play might have called for him to take his pattern up the field to carry the CB (Jackson) with him. Kupp was covered by another DB. When the ball went-off Kupp's finger-tips, Jackson was in perfect position. Even if the pass is better and completed, Jackson is in position to make an immediate tackle.

The route combination did not look right to me ... and I did stay at an American Express last night.

Seriously though, it reminded me of the pick-6 in last year's Ravens game. OBJ said after the game that he turned the wrong way which put the DB responsible for him (Chuck Clark?) in a perfect spot for the pick.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't generally gripe after wins (or losses for that matter) but was anyone else annoyed at taking the FG on 4th and goal? Does McVay EVER go for those? The D was on fire, there was no way PJ Walker was driving them 97 yards. I'd like them to be much more aggressive there.
I think it was the right call. His team is struggling to score. It ties the game. Why give the panthers anything to be excited about if you fail. They also have one of the best backs in the league. Which is something this offense has been doing a lot of. You take the easy points and build on that.

Look at how many games the chargers have lost that the could have easily won since staley has been going for it. And their offence is pretty potent.

There was no reason to risk it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Than he's a part of the problem. If you're gonna give the other team points too than you better be scoring as well. Don't think I need to explain my issue here when he has more turnovers than points scored us so far.
And I also don't have to explain that with a new offensive line of back ups to back ups. some of which were barely qualified for the practice squad, every week. Bad things are going to happen.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I'm sure I've seen us play worst first halves, but I can't remember when.
All through that second quarter I thought there is no way we can lose to the Panthers.
And we didn't.
All things considered, all injuries aside, the team played as well we could have hoped for.

Great to see Brown back in horns.
I think when the OL gets back then Hendo and Brown will give McVay enough of a run game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

View: https://twitter.com/macwfnz/status/1581823877357121536?s=20&t=YSBoFd146Lv6_r4K8nLCsA

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was a much needed win. Now we're back to tied for first. Or tied for second. Or tied for third.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
And I also don't have to explain that with a new offensive line of back ups to back ups. some of which were barely qualified for the practice squad, every week. Bad things are going to happen.
That's no excuse for more picks than touchdowns.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lol update your resume. Stafford sucks ass rn and that's being nice.
No, he doesn't.

Same guy.. worse line.. different targets..

Stafford has ALWAYS thrown pick-6s.. he's no different than the guy we saw last year.

He completed 78% of his passes and had a 96 rating behind an absolutely patchwork Oline.