Rams beat Colts Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only got the highlights here, but that looked a good game.
Great game by Kupp.
Tough road win against a team who couldn't afford to go 0-2.
Wait until Stafford finds his comfort level with Jeff and Woods like he has with Kupp…Higs too. Higs was very quiet today…1 catch

HellRam

Starter
For me the biggest surprise has been how kick ass our oline has been! Especially when you consider we've played 2 good physical defensive fronts. Exceeding expectations!

Solid win today!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wait until Stafford finds his comfort level with Jeff and Woods like he has with Kupp…Higs too. Higs was very quiet today…1 catch
Lot of folks don't realize that Kupp is the Rams' biggest starting WR at 6-2 / 208. He's bigger than all our starting Secondary, and has an inch on Ramsey (6-1 / 208). Only big Ben is bigger, at 6-3 / 224. Kupp is WR1 & plays like it. And that's not knocking the Rams' excellent WR room.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It implied that Goff would not be good enough to win that game.

I am just tired of people taking a shot at Goff even when they probably didn't even mean to.

He is no longer a Ram and everyone needs to just let him go - I need to as well especially with Blythe lol
I actually agree with the sentiment that we don't win that game with Goff at QB. So what. Shouldn't even bother you. White Knight all you want, but you're just spinning your wheels at this point.

Rooting for him tonight in his Lions uniform would probably scratch that itch far better for you than looking for slights on a Rams board against an ex-Ram.

Kyle Brandt of NFL Network’s Good Morning Football highlighted this statistic late last year, and the show placed McVay along some illustrious company. According to Good Morning Football, here are some notable records for head coaches when leading at halftime through 64 career games:
I'm really fucking tired of that statistic but it does show how exceptional McVay is at winning games. We may not like how he does it, but as fans well we always cry about play calls and second guess shit with hindsight (I do it too). Bottom line is what matters.

Another thing that is overlooked week to week is some teams have the ability to open things up more than others. For example if the Colts open up their offense Wentz is gonna turn into a football dispenser. Same with the Bears. But the Rams have a tendency to sort of coast at times and they do have an ability to turn it up a notch or three when they need to get a score. We saw this yesterday, shit was lookin pretty bad and ho hum the offense goes out and takes the lead for the eventual win.

I don't like the defense this year, specifically last season we had a tendency to lock teams down after halftime even early in the season. We gave up a couple TDs in the first half of the first two games but lockdown after halftime was a constant. It demonstrated Staley's grasp of scheme and ability to make adjustments. Fans want to trot out raw points and compare I mean do what you want but to me there's a difference in look of these defenses but either way I am very happy with the way the offense has controlled both games and led this team to wins. Seems to me that the Rams ceiling is much higher than most other teams, meaning they can adjust and score in ways other offenses probably would not be able to now.

Can she replace Kay Adams?
Honestly the NFL should make a show with a panel of super hot chicks. Dumber the better when it comes to football. And have them run through a daily schedule of games and matchups.

They could do bikini days, cheerleader outfits, etc. Yes I know that type of thing would not fly nowadays but I'd watch it. :laugh1:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great win! The Colts are a very good team. Beating them on the road, in their house, in the 1PM timeslot, after you knnew they would come out flying after being kicked around by Seattle... is no small feat.

Still too early to judge the defence. I think it will continue to improve. Jury is out. We seem to be missing on a lot of sacks lately. If those hit, I suspect we'd have a lot less complaints. I would like to see the CBs giving less cushion. Garrett's return will give us some much needed depth.

Cooper Kupp is incredible. If teams are not double-teaming him yet, they will soon. Woods and Jefferson better be ready to step up. And Kupp better stay healthy for the playoffs this year. I would not say he is injury prone, per se, but rather his injuries always seem to occur at or near the post-season...

Stafford is as talented at going through his progressions as any QB I have ever seen. This is invaluable. Goff would often rely on Kupp too much, lock onto him, and force it. It was predictable, leading to several hurtful incomplete passes and turnovers. Stafford looks Kupp's way a lot too. But unlike Goff, often times, when Stafford hits Kupp, it was after he went through all of his progressions first.... and Kupp was actually the 3rd look, but by chance was the only man to win on his route.

Despite the above, I would like to see a bit more variety in our offensive attack. Higbee should be more involved. A threat at TE will keep teams even more honest, and mitigate the passing attack being neutered by simply keying on Cooper.

Sony Michel looked great. I said it another thread. I think he fits this offence better than Henderson, and considering what the Rams gave up for him, I suspect McVay always had a big role in mind for Michel but was playing it coy. I suspect he Sony will ultimately takeover the "starting" role too, but realistically, aside from random weeks where the Rams ride a hot hand, I expect carries to be split relatively equally going forward without any clear lead back, assuming Henderson is not out too long. Henderson is a talented back but not a starter. He's best used on a platoon or as a change of pace, given his fragility, and even his running style.

Special teams need some serious work. Another opening game kickoff went for a big return. The botch snap hitting Nick Scott was a travesty. We blamed the ST coach last year, but the problem persists. Players at the bottom of the roster need to step up because those roles are far more easily churned.

AD is a monster.

It will be a really interesting game against Tampa Bay. This defence has yet to hit its stride. That worries me. On the other hand, even Atlanta was right in it for much of last Sunday, and they appear to be a tire fire. The Bucs have yet to face stiff competition so it's hard to get a feel for this contest.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Bears kicked the shit out of the Bengals.. who beat Minnesota.. who should've beaten the Cards.
Indy got beat by about the same margin by Seattle as the Rams when you take out the ridiculous ST gaffe. And the Colts had a better Oline situation in Week 2 than one.

I'm just trying to figure out if the Rams are very good and a legit SB contender, or just really good. Either way.. I don't think they played a particularly clean game yesterday and still got the win on the road against a team that was in the playoffs last year and completely shut down Taylor.

McVay is so effing brilliant and so frustrating at times. That jet sweep late in the game was just stupid. He had a few other calls that were too cute as well. But.. then there are drives like the first of the game and the one for the winning TD that are just poetry.

Tano

Legend
I actually agree with the sentiment that we don't win that game with Goff at QB. So what. Shouldn't even bother you. White Knight all you want, but you're just spinning your wheels at this point.

Rooting for him tonight in his Lions uniform would probably scratch that itch far better for you than looking for slights on a Rams board against an ex-Ram.
Ehh whatever

I will probably watch the second half of tonights game because I have really started to hate Rodgers attitude and his non-stop State Farm commercials are really annoying now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Way too much stress but in the end the better team won and we are where we should be heading to a show down against the biggest competition to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

That first 3 and out was a cluster fuck of bad calls. A TD on that possession would have closed the door.

Like others really not a fan of some of the play calling. I’m curious if that is all McVay or if he is letting some of it come from O’Connell.

Either way it is early for them too and it should improve.

Have to say how stupid it was for Young to react the way he did. Great teams don’t have that shit happening. On top of that he didn’t seem happy that AD was trying to calm him down. Hopefully he learns.

ST gaff on the punt. Total brain fart but it looked like Scott didn’t even realize the ball hit him. Bad design IMO, there is no reason to have him lined up behind center. And, I thought the snap was a little off line too.

All that and we still get a good win on the road early in the season. Doesn’t get much better than that! :cheers2:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehh whatever

I will probably watch the second half of tonights game because I have really started to hate Rodgers attitude and his non-stop State Farm commercials are really annoying now.
I plan on watching it too. Will be pulling for Detroit in fact. I think the lower seed Green Bay is the better. :thumbsup1:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is so effing brilliant and so frustrating at times. That jet sweep late in the game was just stupid.
I really wanted to choke him after that call. I mean Jesus did you miss the runs for 5 yards a pop and Indy not being able to stop it? Did you forget that the strength of the Colts' defense is their speed? Mash that shit right up their ass ffs.

Sometimes when he's got the lead and is in control he goes into this weird settle mode. Drives me batshit. But these are the burdens of fanhood lol.

Tano

Legend
I really wanted to choke him after that call. I mean Jesus did you miss the runs for 5 yards a pop and Indy not being able to stop it? Did you forget that the strength of the Colts' defense is their speed? Mash that shit right up their ass ffs.

Sometimes when he's got the lead and is in control he goes into this weird settle mode. Drives me batshit. But these are the burdens of fanhood lol.
I was telling myself that McVay sometimes gets too cute and tries something stupid.

Hasn't he seen enough Super Bowl losses to Brady where the opposing coach gets too cute and tries something against what was working against the team.

I am looking at you Atlanta and Seattle.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

I'm really fucking tired of that statistic but it does show how exceptional McVay is at winning games. We may not like how he does it, but as fans well we always cry about play calls and second guess shit with hindsight (I do it too). Bottom line is what matters.

Another thing that is overlooked week to week is some teams have the ability to open things up more than others. For example if the Colts open up their offense Wentz is gonna turn into a football dispenser. Same with the Bears. But the Rams have a tendency to sort of coast at times and they do have an ability to turn it up a notch or three when they need to get a score. We saw this yesterday, shit was lookin pretty bad and ho hum the offense goes out and takes the lead for the eventual win.

I don't like the defense this year, specifically last season we had a tendency to lock teams down after halftime even early in the season. We gave up a couple TDs in the first half of the first two games but lockdown after halftime was a constant. It demonstrated Staley's grasp of scheme and ability to make adjustments. Fans want to trot out raw points and compare I mean do what you want but to me there's a difference in look of these defenses but either way I am very happy with the way the offense has controlled both games and led this team to wins. Seems to me that the Rams ceiling is much higher than most other teams, meaning they can adjust and score in ways other offenses probably would not be able to now.

Honestly the NFL should make a show with a panel of super hot chicks. Dumber the better when it comes to football. And have them run through a daily schedule of games and matchups.

They could do bikini days, cheerleader outfits, etc. Yes I know that type of thing would not fly nowadays but I'd watch it. :laugh1:
As far as your Goff opinion. You have no way of knowing what he would do. So while throwing opinions around, is what we do and I appreciate your posts and your insite on many subjects, I think Goff deserves way more respect for what he did for this team. And these little throw away comments about what he could or couldn't do are nothing but trolling and shit stiring. I will never forget how tough he was in the NFC championship.without his leadership and steadiness in that game we would not have won. He deserves better from his old fan base.

RamsFan4Life

Starter

Watch?!!??!
it would make a mint every week in pay-per-view……

MachS

Hall of Fame
McVay is so effing brilliant and so frustrating at times. That jet sweep late in the game was just stupid
Hindsight is 20/20. I hated the call after how well Sony was running between the tackles, but if the jet sweep goes for 10 yards we're all singing a different tune. McVay has his reasons and is a great play caller. Sometimes the defense just makes a great play. Darius Leonard is an all pro ILB. And sometimes the defense just calls the perfect coverage for what we're running. It happens, its the NFL.

We have such a high standard for McVay, we expect to have a schematic or play calling advantage in every game we play. We do MOST of the time. I'd say 90%+ of the time we have a better gameplan/scheme/play caller. But not always (see the super bowl). And thats why I think this year our offense will be our best yet. Because when McVay doesn't win himself, Stafford can still make a play and win off schedule or when the play breaks down. And McVay hasn't had that since he's been coaching.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As far as your Goff opinion. You have no way of knowing what he would do. So while throwing opinions around, is what we do and I appreciate your posts and your insite on many subjects, I think Goff deserves way more respect for what he did for this team. And these little throw away comments about what he could or couldn't do are nothing but trolling and shit stiring. I will never forget how tough he was in the NFC championship.without his leadership and steadiness in that game we would not have won. He deserves better from his old fan base.
He's not a Ram. So I don't give a fuck if someone believes in him or not at this point. I quit believing in him some time ago.

If you do and want to strap on that white armor and knight around on some high horse in his defense keep on man. I just think it's a waste of time. Whenever someone inevitably wants to put digs in on any ex-Ram whether it's Goff or anyone else it really makes them look sort of petty tbh so I don't see the reason for all that. But you do you. :clinkingbeer:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Stafford is as talented at going through his progressions as any QB I have ever seen. This is invaluable. Goff would often rely on Kupp too much, lock onto him, and force it. It was predictable, leading to several hurtful incomplete passes and turnovers. Stafford looks Kupp's way a lot too. But unlike Goff, often times, when Stafford hits Kupp, it was after he went through all of his progressions first.... and Kupp was actually the 3rd look, but by chance was the only man to win on his route.
Rams need to improve in their possession game. Three and outs are not a good thing.

Stafford seems to me to look downfield first and aggressively. That is usually a good thing, but not necessarily so if it's third and short or there isn't enough time in the pocket. Not faulting Stafford, but I want to see the Rams maintain drives and move the chains better. Some adjustment on third downs is in order. Power running with Michel may also help the possession game.

As for Kupp, Stafford isn't just locked on to Kupp, he's glued to him. More throws to Kupp than Woods and Jefferson combined. If defenders haven't figured that out yet they're pretty dense. But Kupp is a great receiver and, predictable or not, I'd keep throwing to him if they can't stop it. I do expect to see more of the other guys, and Higbee and Jackson, moving forward.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

McVay's worst play call maybe ever. Just give the ball to Michel and win the game.

McVay does sometimes seem to go into some kind of misprogrammed auto pilot mode to call repetitive running plays at the end of games. But that wasn't what was happening with Michel. That was effective physical football.

Michel appears to me to offer exactly the kind of power running we need and have been mostly missing for the last couple of years. Especially with a more powerful line, both tackles healthy, and Carberry calling the blocks.

I would like to see more Michel power running, some well crafted third down conversions, and sticky fingered time of possession football in the mix with explosives against Tampa Bay. Rams can and will pressure Brady but it's even better to keep him off the field.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not a Ram. So I don't give a fuck if someone believes in him or not at this point. I quit believing in him some time ago.

If you do and want to strap on that white armor and knight around on some high horse in his defense keep on man. I just think it's a waste of time. Whenever someone inevitably wants to put digs in on any ex-Ram whether it's Goff or anyone else it really makes them look sort of petty tbh so I don't see the reason for all that. But you do you. :clinkingbeer:
Don't MAKE me go medieval on your @SS! Your Detroit privileges are no reevoked... ~ The GOFFinator

lykmAtL.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hindsight is 20/20. I hated the call after how well Sony was running between the tackles, but if the jet sweep goes for 10 yards we're all singing a different tune. McVay has his reasons and is a great play caller. Sometimes the defense just makes a great play. Darius Leonard is an all pro ILB. And sometimes the defense just calls the perfect coverage for what we're running. It happens, its the NFL.

We have such a high standard for McVay, we expect to have a schematic or play calling advantage in every game we play. We do MOST of the time. I'd say 90%+ of the time we have a better gameplan/scheme/play caller. But not always (see the super bowl). And thats why I think this year our offense will be our best yet. Because when McVay doesn't win himself, Stafford can still make a play and win off schedule or when the play breaks down. And McVay hasn't had that since he's been coaching.
I hear you. But McVay said he hated the call after the game.
I didn’t like it because you needed 2 yards way more than you needed 10. There wasn’t much value in using a play like that at that point in the game to give the opposing team another look.
Being able to line up and get 2 yards is important. Showing teams you can do that is important. Having faith in your oline to do that is important. And you have a very solid inside runner.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
As for Kupp, Stafford isn't just locked on to Kupp, he's glued to him. More throws to Kupp than Woods and Jefferson combined. If defenders haven't figured that out yet they're pretty dense. But Kupp is a great receiver and, predictable or not, I'd keep throwing to him if they can't stop it. I do expect to see more of the other guys, and Higbee and Jackson, moving forward.

Kupp is almost impossible to defend. He's not fast. But his technical route running is superior to almost any other WR in the NFL. Stafford can throw to him and he'll be open like 90% of the time. At some point defenses will have to double-team him, and then it will be over -- D-Jax will kill them over the top.