Rams ban Dickerson from sideline privileges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This is the thinking of the millinials who are used to fake news and such. Last time I looked, the job of the media is to honestly report on a topic. If Dickerson is in the media, then he is doing his job. The Rams stink and the organization should be ashamed of the product they have put on the field for over a decade. I praise ED for speaking the truth. He is a voice of reason among the delusional. As a past season ticket holder during the Dickerson years, all I can say is Dickerson is still the man!

Where did you sit?
I'm interested to know where exactly you sat snd which games you saw as a "past season ticket holder"

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
ED is very sensitive, that is who he is. He felt jilted when given the ultimatum to sign or leave in the 80s. That feeling comes from being able to feel emotions at a deep level. Nothing can change that, and we can call him what we want.

I can see both side also, yes ED could have been more constructive, or at least PC in his criticism. But do you believe that Fisher made the right move by being an Asshat right back? Seems like Fisher is as butt hurt and he also brought this on himself. Did this help Fisher? Did this help his team? Didn't hurt ED. So looking at it from Fisher's side, Fisher screwed up big time, he and the entire organization know it. Fisher knew it during the phone call when ED said he won't be at any more games. Not the result Fisher wanted, not the result the organization wanted. This entire situation is very unfortunate. Not the happy family we were all wanting, two butt hurt egos, doing and saying stupid, or not well thought out things.
To be honest, I do not disagree with the decision to ban ED from the sidelines. I do, however, disagree with the decision to back peddle after the fact.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dickersonianesque "critical thinking" i presume :LOL:

Anyway, you try and tell everyone here to support Jeff Fisher and the team when you youself admit you had zero hope for the season.

So you are essentially telling us to be all to supportive and positive over a team you've written off since July - RIPE
There is a difference in supporting the team and continuously ripping them without giving any thought to why they are struggling. Apparently you don't understand the difference. Whatever, not my problem.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not the result Fisher wanted, not the result the organization wanted. This entire situation is very unfortunate. Not the happy family we were all wanting, two butt hurt egos, doing and saying stupid, or not well thought out things.
Too true. Both the Rams and ED look petty and stupid right now. This organization is, quite frankly....a dumpster fire at the moment. Can only hope something good grows from this fertilizer....

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
When I hear a tape of the actual phone conversation, I'll decide who's the asshat.

Until then,... seems like Fisher's been pretty much tried and convicted based solely on Dickerson's (only jersey I own, btw), retelling of the conversation.
So now it's all about Eric Dickerson being dissed, (just ask Snoop), and we should all grab a rope and join the mob. :palm:

And for the record, I'm 75-25 in favor of no extension, (although I'd like to see him get a year with a real QB).

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
ED is very sensitive, that is who he is. He felt jilted when given the ultimatum to sign or leave in the 80s. That feeling comes from being able to feel emotions at a deep level. Nothing can change that, and we can call him what we want.

I can see both side also, yes ED could have been more constructive, or at least PC in his criticism. But do you believe that Fisher made the right move by being an Asshat right back? Seems like Fisher is as butt hurt and he also brought this on himself. Did this help Fisher? Did this help his team? Didn't hurt ED. So looking at it from Fisher's side, Fisher screwed up big time, he and the entire organization know it. Fisher knew it during the phone call when ED said he won't be at any more games. Not the result Fisher wanted, not the result the organization wanted. This entire situation is very unfortunate. Not the happy family we were all wanting, two butt hurt egos, doing and saying stupid, or not well thought out things.
Actually, I can get his (ED's) perspective as a fellow fan. I watched the Saints game with my brother in law and he made a comment after the game about how the Rams "Got trounced".
My response was "It's a Rams thing bro, you wouldn't understand". Lol

That being said, you want to stand on the sideline in your gold jacket...as a former player. Does that come with some degree of leadership in the sense that these players may look up to you? Maybe these players need some direction. What message does it send to the Rams players when their very own gold jacket is talking trash? It seems to be the general consensus that this teams woes falls squarely on the coaching staff. It is a medley of things in my opinion. A medley of free falling Fisher ball mentality that has trickled down to the players. I think ED dropped the ball and he needed to be put in his place.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The whole thing is just juvenile, I could care less if ED is on the sideline or not, and weather Fisher is butt hurt by ED's comments or not. ED is no longer on the payroll, why should he be on the bench with the team? And why should Fisher care what ED says? I can't understand why anyone would care about this stupid story.:football:

Reminds me of two 8 year olds bickering. :argue:

I thought "Hard Knocks" ended months ago.:giveup:

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Woah hold on a minute. Who exactly brought this distraction? It was Eric. He is the one who told the whole nation that he was banned from the sidelines (which was false) over some tickets to friends. You say that Eric is promoting the Rams. What kind of promoter tells its fan base that our hope for the future is a bust? What kind of promoter tells its fan base that the team is an embarrassment? That's not what promoters do. Promoters pump up the fan base for hope any way they can. Eric did a disservice by talking bad about the organization. He thinks he can get on his high horse and talk smack because he has a golden jacket. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I absolutely respect the decision, whether it was fisher or whomever, to tell Eric to F off. They didn't bring this to light over media. They called the man and tried to communicate with him. He on the other hand got butt hurt and started this distraction.

Sorry but Eric is in the wrong here.

This X2 Ed acted like a little Bitch and went to the media with false info. He wasn't banned he was told no tickets for his friends after he bitched about the organization Freak him

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
personally I wouldnt want anyone who criticized pretty much every aspect of my organization hangin around either

Unless the criticism is all absolutely true. (clears throat)

Debacled

Starter
Does anyone else think this is a beyond stupid thing to even be having conversations over?

The Rams are a football team that have real football games to prepare for. ED is treating this like the little brother running to mom and screaming because his big brother wouldn't give him what he wanted. A selfish headache and nothing more.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I

I'll leave this conversation with this point. To digress a bit, I can see both sides of this argument, I just semse that ED seems butthurt and he brought it on himself...
If I have a broken leg and invite you to my surgery and subsequent rehabilitation, and all you are able to do is point out that I have a broken leg, then you sure are an asshat. That's how I feel about ED right now. He is a butthurt asshat. Career stats and gold jacket aside. Thanks for telling us what we already know ED, now shove a sock in it because if you can't at least offer CONSTRUCTIVE (don't know how to color font) criticism, when you are on OUR sideline, then keep your negativity to yourself.

But what do you define as constructive?

We haven't developed our QBs, so maybe saying what he said about Weinke was constructive.

From a defensive posture, any criticism is unwelcome, unhelpful and counterproductive. And typically, that's when the critiques need to be heard the most.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I wasn't there were you? I'd love to have been at training camp. Did they already know before camp that he wouldn't be ready? Was there more to his physical rebuild that we never heard about?

I don't know but I believe Fisher is at least as competitive as any of us

Really don't want to relitigate this. The Rams org sold Goff as the most pro ready in the draft and downplayed any schematic difference issues with Goff coming from the Bear Raid offense.

Effectively, coming from a spread to a WCO with the nightmarish nomenclature and add to that Fisher's belligerently unyielding manner of insisting that the rookie fully adjust to the Wack offense versus adjusting the offense to get the best players on the field...

So, no. Fisher has ALWAYS trusted veterans more than rookies and always felt it is a rite of passage for rookies to sit.

Thus, no, his first concern was not winning, but protocol...doing things his way. See, people focused on winning change. See Dick Vermeil...who was working guys too hard in preseason and needed a new OC and he completely humbled himself to the process and grew as a coach and a person.

Dick Vermeil was a defensive coach for those who forget.

And therein lies the difference. Fisher operates from the position that he's fully validated. He's not. I can understand Belichick operating that way, but even he adapts to a constantly changing game. Fisher wants to act like if you try to recreate the '85 Bears today, it's all good and finished and maintenance as opposed to the entire approach being a fool's errand.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This X2 Ed acted like a little Bitch and went to the media with false info. He wasn't banned he was told no tickets for his friends after he bitched about the organization Freak him

Thought we didn't talk about players, ex-players, coaches, et al like that.

He didn't go to the media with false info. I mean, unless you unequivocally believe Fisher, in which case Foles is clearly our QB... Oh, um...

He was told that he couldn't do both ask for things from the organization AND have an opinion. What did he ask for? Sideline passes which cost the Rams nothing.

The Rams went to Dickerson and he really stepped up for the organization and the rookies.

Fisher went to a HOF player and a man of integrity, even if he is a bit of a prima donna, that he had to submit to a quid pro quo. For someone like ED, that's patently offensive. As a person of principle and character, I totally relate to that and I agree. I would have been infuriated at the mere suggestion of a quid pro quo.

If Fisher had issue with the Weinke comments for example, then he could have addressed those directly without getting petty about sideline passes or making it seem like ED's interactions with the organization were now "handouts" from the organization and the only way he could get those was to acquiesce to the quid pro quo and not criticize the Rams coaches, players or staff.

I know this won't convince anyone, but once the emotion has dissipated from this, I'm pretty sure we're all going to see that Fisher was pretty sleazy in this.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love Dickerson.

But everyone who is acting like E.D. is a wise elder leader is kidding themselves.

Dickerson isn't about the Rams now and he wasn't about the Rams when he left for the Colts and he wasn't about them when he got the rushing title.
E.D. is and always has been about E.D.

Amazing player, but the dude is not the kind of guy you want stirring up shit.
Even if you want Fisher gone, it's not good for the rest of our season.

Of course Fisher had to do damage control.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
God knows i dont want fisher back next year ..but i do agree with his(the teams) stance on this

its like a close friend calling your wife fat and your kids ugly (even if its true) then bitch when you don't buy his kid a birthday present.