Rams ban Dickerson from sideline privileges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
And backtracking and clarifying are two different things. Fisher was asked by Demoff not to call Eric, Fisher should have listened

Source to this info?

cause non of this would be happening if he didn't try to paddle Eric and tell him who's boss.

None of this would be happening if Eric would have been a professional about it and not gone to every sports talk show so people can feel sorry for him.

Bruce2980

Starter
Source to this info?

None of this would be happening if Eric would have been a professional about it and not gone to every sports talk show so people can feel sorry for him.
Video posted on this thread a page back. Demoff asked Fisher not to call, Demoff said he would call, but he wasn't going to stop Fisher. Bet he wishes he did now.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_hwNvecvI

None of this would be happening if Fisher was 8-2 or being professional, he went after ED, Fisher hasn't gone after anyone else making disparaging comments about his team including Kurt Warner and every other NFL pundit. Fisher needs to grow up and get thicker skin. He needs to do what he says he does and ignore the media.

Last edited:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Video posted on this thread a page back. Demoff asked Fisher not to call, Demoff said he would call, but he wasn't going to stop Fisher. Bet he wishes he did now.

In that same video he also claims he wasn't the one to bring up that fisher was the one the called him, when in fact he did just that.

None of this would be happening if Fisher was 8-2 or being professional

He was being professional. He called ED and told him man to man the situation. ED on the other hand went out and told the whole nation their conversation.

he went after ED, Fisher hasn't gone after anyone else making disparaging comments about his team including Kurt Warner and every other NFL pundit.

I must have missed the part where Warner wanted favors from the organization.

A55VA6

Legend

None of this would be happening if Fisher was 8-2 or being professional, he went after ED, Fisher hasn't gone after anyone else making disparaging comments about his team including Kurt Warner and every other NFL pundit. Fisher needs to grow up and get thicker skin. He needs to do what he says he does and ignore the media.

Fisher needs to grow up? More like Dickerson needs to grow up.

Bruce2980

Starter
Do you think Fisher got the desired result from his phone call to Eric Dickerson? If not, then I would say Fisher screwed up, he miscalculated.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Do you think Fisher got the desired result from his phone call to Eric Dickerson? If not, then I would say Fisher screwed up, he miscalculated.

No, but he probably thought ED would be professional about it instead of acting like a baby.

A55VA6

Legend
Do you

I think they both made mistakes somewhere in the situation. But Fisher welcomes Dickerson and is putting this behind him. Dickerson is telling the whole world he won't go to games until Fisher is fired, and retweets 100+ tweets a day of people bashing Fisher and the Rams organization. Dickerson is acting childish.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/847500211572191238

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...oach-sean-mcvay-eric-dickerson-will-be-around

New Rams coach Sean McVay: Eric Dickerson 'will be around'
Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- If Sean McVay learned one thing from the end of Jeff Fisher's stint with the Los Angeles Rams, it was probably this: Make nice with Eric Dickerson.

McVay, the Rams' 31-year-old rookie coach, spoke to Dickerson "right when I got hired," which was smart. It was Dickerson who previously set off a firestorm around Fisher, who upset the Hall of Fame running back by basically telling him he was not welcome on the sideline due to his criticism of the team -- a directive Dickerson believes came from upper management.

Dickerson became upset at Fisher's public portrayal of the exchange and made the rounds, dictating the contested phone conversation to various media outlets and vowing not to attend Rams games while Fisher was the head coach.

When Fisher was fired in the middle of December, the shun was lifted.

Since being hired on Jan. 12, McVay has spoken to Dickerson on the phone and has also run into him at the Super Bowl and the scouting combine.

"He’s a guy that will be around," McVay, speaking from the owners meetings in Phoenix, said of Dickerson, perhaps the most famous member of the Rams from their previous stint in Los Angeles.

"There are so many great players that were a part of this organization, and you want those guys around. You want winners around. They know what it looks like. Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce -- D'Marco Farr is still present. ...

There’s a difference when a guy has done it; he’s been in that role when he’s talking to a Todd Gurley and a Lance Dunbar, kind of what it looks like. I have talked to Eric, and he’s a guy that I’m looking forward to getting to know a little bit better."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"There are so many great players that were a part of this organization, and you want those guys around. You want winners around. They know what it looks like. Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce -- D'Marco Farr is still present. ...

I had to laugh at the Rams he listed, as it demonstrates how young he is lol.

But he's got it right, just like with the way he handles the press. McVay understands the importance of connecting the alumni with the team and fan base, that it is a crucial part of rebuilding things with the old fans and giving the new fans a connection to the team's history. Whether we like the way Dickerson handled it or not, he's correct: coaches come and go, but these guys are living and breathing parts of the team's history.

I do feel bad for Fish, as I always liked him, but he failed to recognize the shakiness of his footing in that whole thing and played it wrong. I really do wish the dude well, think he'd be a great fit for a college job since he does have some real skill at connecting with players and being a good example as a man and father type figure. If I were an AD at one of these colleges he'd be very high on my list.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, everyday this McVay hire is looking like a grand slam.

I truly hope his production as a HC meets his potential because his potential as revealed thus far, well...
its-over-9000-thumb.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I'm glad the Rams will be engaging the former Rams. It seemed a little disjointed since the moe to St Louis.

How much does it really help current players to have these guys around?

I always thought it would be a big help but, I wonder if it's a big deal.

How much time would they actually spend with players?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
As long as we win games, ED won't vent out his frustrations. Hard to blame him too considering he spoke on behalf of most of us. Don't see a reason to stay invested in a team that fields a consistently bottom 2 offense that gases out the defense. I would've been willing to watch more games last year had this offense not been atrocious.