PREGAME Rams at Viqueens Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not that it matters all that much but, why is this an early game????

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
If the Rams were to win out and get the NFC West Division title, that means the 49ers are in the WC and the Vikings are out.

And the 49ers are a tough out against the Rams if they were to advance in the WC.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not that it matters all that much but, why is this an early game????
Because it's in Minn. They are central, so it's a noon game for them. When I went to the game there in 2017, it was a noon game as well. Nice lil timezone advantage, but the Rams tend to do well in early games under McVay.......although they lost that game in 2017, haha... But that's because I was there, so my bad. I have never seen the Rams win a game in person....and I have been to 5 or so games... In different cities even. Tis my curse.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Because it's in Minn. They are central, so it's a noon game for them. When I went to the game there in 2017, it was a noon game as well. Nice lil timezone advantage, but the Rams tend to do well in early games under McVay.......although they lost that game in 2017, haha... But that's because I was there, so my bad. I have never seen the Rams win a game in person....and I have been to 5 or so games... In different cities even. Tis my curse.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I been to 6 rams games. They lost every one . My 7th will be in Baltimore on jan.2.
Ugh, I may be there as well.... We're doomed...... or maybe we will cancel each other out and break our curses?!?!?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Dude it was my curse too...

But if you travel to the city of Angels, you can visit the Oracle at Sofi where all your curses can be forgiven!! It happened for me!!!
I sat in a great amphitheater of tremendous size, for it was also in the round. And I saw many wonderful, magical things. For though there were many Lions, they were unable to devour the flock who were actually powerful Rams and verily they tamed the Lions and madeth them lie down in green turf.

And ye, I witnessed a win. And it was good.

Merry Christmas errbody

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not having Gaines would be bad.

Get well, big fella!
No doubt. Hope he's good for this one I don't want to see those fucks running the ball on us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I been to 6 rams games. They lost every one . My 7th will be in Baltimore on jan.2.
I went to 4 Pittsburgh Penguins games in the early 90’s. Mario Lemieux ( one of the best to ever play in the NHL ) was injured every game. I never got to see him in person.

Vkingsfan

UDFA
Hello guys, I can give you the skinny on what you'll be facing.

*Coaches: Zimmer's on the hot seat for a myriad of reasons but it all boils down to his inability to maximize his players. He's had very talented teams in his 8 years, but has not been consistent and he insisted on mildly blowing up the team that actually went to the NFCCG. His defensive reputation has taken a hit as well as the last 2 years have seen some of the worst play Vikings defensive efforts in this teams history. His time is up and only a serious run saves him.

The OC is Klint Kubiak, Gary's kid. This means our two teams run much the offense with different pieces and playcallers. This also means both our defenses have practicing against the Shannahan style WCO all year.

*Offense. Kirk has been very good this year. He'll never be a Brady, Rodgers or even a Matt Stafford but he's more than good enough to win with and is unquestionably #2 on all time Vikings QB lists. Lately he's been told to sling it a bit more which has seen a couple more Int's, but that was an expected part of the equation.

Cook being out is significant, no matter what anyone tells you. He's a great back and his speed and toughness can't be replaced. However Alex Mattison is a quality back up who can carry the load. Mattison does more work in the screen game and outside bounce than Cook who likes to attack between the tackles. The wildcard is rookie Kene Nwangwu. Our KR has already housed two returns this year despite missing the first 6 games and has grown much more comfortable in the backfield the last month. He's 6'1" 215 lbs and runs a 4.25 40 which shows up on the field. If he gets going it'll be a huge plus for us.

The receiving core is elite and deep. Everyone knows Jefferson and Thielen, but KJ Osborne has broken out at WR 3 while Dede Westbrook and wildly talented rookie Ihmir Smith-Marsette provide good depth.

The line has been very good most of the year, though they've had their off games and still can struggle against pure strength. If they crap the bed, the Vikings will lose.

*Defense: this has been a sore spot, we have talent at every level but it has not come together.

The line has two behemoths inside in Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson; Pierce in particular can dominate a game. Sheldon Richardson has been moved outside after Danielle Hunter was lost for the year again, and DJ Wonnum who has been very good after Everson Griffith went insane again man's the other side. This should be a solid group and has some depth.

Erik Kendricks and Anthony Barr have played together since their freshmen year at college and know this system in and out. Again these two should be better than they have been, especially Barr who is vital to run defense.

The secondary has been a mess, but looks to be shaping up now that bashaud breeland has been released. Patrick Peterson and Harry Smith are the vets. Smith is Zimmer's joker and makes life hell pre snap, while Peterson has spent at least 3 games this year on the field calling out the offenses plays before the the quarterback can even start. Both have lost a step but are savvy enough to make up for it. Xavier Woods plays centerfield and the enigmatic Kam Danztler man's the other side at CB. It is a staple of Zimmer's offense that his outside CB's stay on their side. They don't move with matchups.

This game will come down to our offensive line vs your D-line and our secondary Vs Matt, Cooper and Co. If you can't get to Kirk we'll put up 27 points. If we can't stop your recievers, You'll put up 35.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Who else has been a "lifelong" Browns and Colts fan today? Count me in!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone know if SJD is back for this game? I read that he was taken off the IR list and it looked from his twitter feed he might be back. That would at least ease the load on Gaines, especially if he got nicked up again. Really hoping for a healthy Gaines though, the Vikes do love to run the ball a lot.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Does anyone know if SJD is back for this game? I read that he was taken off the IR list and it looked from his twitter feed he might be back. That would at least ease the load on Gaines, especially if he got nicked up again. Really hoping for a healthy Gaines though, the Vikes do love to run the ball a lot.
Really don't think so.

He was on the COVUD-List. Came-off it. Then reverted back to IR. Same as Mundt.

Do not believe Joseph-Day is currently in the 3-week-designated-to-return-window.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I think your right. He had a surgical procedure on his pec, so not likely to seem him again this season sadly. Was having a good year.