PREGAME Rams at Viqueens Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the Vikes are a winnable game. They're a good offense and their QB is playing exceptional ball, but defensively they aren't all that. Matchup-wise I really like our chances and the same goes for the Colts vs the Cards.

We may be in sole possession of the division after this weekend. How bout them apples? Hope the Rams keep this up and take care of business. :laugh1:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think the Vikes are a winnable game. They're a good offense and their QB is playing exceptional ball, but defensively they aren't all that. Matchup-wise I really like our chances and the same goes for the Colts vs the Cards.

We may be in sole possession of the division after this weekend. How bout them apples? Hope the Rams keep this up and take care of business. :laugh1:
This is the most confident I've been in our team since 2018. I think we'll end up with the 4th seed.

The Buccaneers have a favorable schedule even with their injuries, and the Cowboys should win as well unless the Cards and Eagles put up a good fight.

Ideally if the Bucs get the 3rd seed, I'm hoping the 9ers win and go to GB the next round so the Rams can potentially play the Cowboys or have a 2nd home game in the divisional.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Minnesota might be a tough game. Not so much because of their roster, but it is basically a Thrusday game for us but not them. Also, hoping there is not a big sigh of relief and relaxation, with the team feeling like they got through the Covid patch.

dang

Legend

Cook can go off but the passing game is less than stellar since Thielens injury.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cook can go off but the passing game is less than stellar since Thielens injury.
Yeah Thielen was a huge loss.

You know as I look at this Rams schedule it's incredible how tough it's been. This might be the toughest sched I can recall them playing. People knock Seattle but they have a damn fine defense and Russell Wilson. Six playoff type games just being in this division tbh. Also the Colts are one of the best teams in the AFC. The Packers are likely the #1 seed in the NFC. The Bucs are defending Super Bowl champs and another top seed type team. The last couple opponents here are basically playoff teams.

Just rough man. Incredibly rough. Might be one of McVay's finest seasons yet by the time the dust settles, however it ends.

Flint

Pro Bowler

Cousins is the weak link in their offense, he was at 50% for less than 100 yds against the bears. The bears interior was making his life miserable, hopefully we can do the same.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
We also have to look at how the Rams have matched up against Zimmer defense in the past.....they always play us tough so I expect a rough game with Turnovers meaning everything!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cousins is the weak link in their offense, he was at 50% for less than 100 yds against the bears. The bears interior was making his life miserable, hopefully we can do the same.
If we were playing him 5 weeks ago I'd be a lot more worried lol. Because he's good at working the underneath BS. But yeah I would hope now that our defense can make him hold the ball a bit and if they do that I like our chances.

We also have to look at how the Rams have matched up against Zimmer defense in the past.....they always play us tough so I expect a rough game with Turnovers meaning everything!
His defenses always do two things that have hurt us. First they play a lot of outside leverage with their corners to funnel things inside which is hard on teams with smaller wideouts and/or guys who don't feel good going across the middle like say Cook. And second he always plays BS games with the A gaps and blitzes/fakes.

But this year their secondary is shitty. Their front isn't much better either in the games I've seen. They are one of the worst teams vs the run in the league. They give up points.

Rams should roll these clowns. But yeah we'll see. This is a strong challenge for our defense.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Jefferson is a beast though and the kid Osborne is sneaky good. Cook is good but he isn't that power back that gives our defense problems at times. That said cook is phenomenal and very dangerous.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jefferson is a beast though and the kid Osborne is sneaky good. Cook is good but he isn't that power back that gives our defense problems at times. That said cook is phenomenal and very dangerous.

We need to stop the run.

Boom! Game Plan.

socalrams90

Starter
Remember they played Monday on the road so there’s only a one day difference on rest. We were at home Tuesday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some Vikes stats that show they're not a good defense but they do a good job situationally on third down. Which I take as Zimmer's ability to call it on gameday. The guy has great instincts but his roster this year is not up to snuff.

Points per game allowed
1640221727476.png

Passer rating against
1640221870407.png

Yards per rush allowed
1640222011351.png

Third down conversion allowed

1640222138365.png

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Have we ever beaten the Vikes in their house?
Anyone know what our record is in Minnesota?
(I'm already having Bud Grant flashbacks....can still remember Fran Tarkenton running all over the place. )

~ArkyRamsFan~

socalrams90

Starter
I feel like we always struggle playing over there regardless of record. Zimmer always gets his team up for us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Minnesota might be a tough game. Not so much because of their roster, but it is basically a Thrusday game for us but not them. Also, hoping there is not a big sigh of relief and relaxation, with the team feeling like they got through the Covid patch.
Yeah but the Vikings played Monday night.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Busting Kurt's balls about that jacket... :laugh4: