Rams at Ravens PreSeason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So I see I didnt miss much. I decided an AA meeting might help me sleep tonight, glad I went. I had thought about rewatching the game on NFL rewind or whatever it is, not now.

Rainram

Starter
Main thing this game showed is our o-line has to stay healthy cause our depth is close to non-existent atm.

Looking forward to seeing Kelly used during the regular season though.

Very much agree on both points.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
By Coach McVay marching out our 2nd stringers against their 1sts, was it...?
Is This a Pigeon 09082018192351.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It just occurred to me. Why isnt McVay telling the backup QBs what to do like he does with Goff?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Oh please - you serious? We played like crap. I get it. However, this is the first preseason game. Plus, the Ravens have already played a game. They were definitely more ready to play than we were.

Wait until at least the second preseason game to start making comments like that. And even then, I would say it with a grain of salt knowing that it is the preseason.

I have seen preseason games in the past by all teams that after the starters go out in the second preseason game, it turns into a crap show.

Where did you get your user name? Just curious how you came up with it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
QB, WR, TE, and OL depth got manhandled with only a few bright spots. But at least they got some work.

Defense needs to work some damn tackling drills. Run defense still concerns but meh preseason and still early.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Brown better be looking over his shoulder cause Kelly and Davis are coming for his job
I feel Brown is safe, more of the bruser type of runner where Davis and Kelly are that change of pace, quick, shifty types.

Tano

Legend
Where did you get your user name? Just curious how you came up with it.
Heh - When I first started Everquest back in 2000, I did a random name generator and it gave me Tanolen.

And everyone called me Tano in the game and it stuck with me in all games I play.

I have gotten to really like that name too - I think its pretty cool but then again - I am a nerd.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Have you seen The Incredibles lately? Are you Elastigirl? That's a STREEEEEEEEETTTCCCHHHH.

I could see your point if we're talking Goff or something. Locked in as franchise QB. Up all night with a new baby. I'd get it.

But a guy who hasn't had a chance to prove himself getting a shot at a whole half of football to strut his stuff? Put something on tape that might make some GM want to make him a #1 since he won't see that here?

I would think he'd play BETTER thinking through his responsibilities to put food on the table for his family.

Well, that's a projection and has no basis in reality.

And I'm not saying anything beyond what was possible. Could be he was primed, had great sleep and prep and still just played poorly. Could be that the pressure of having a new baby AND being in a contract year really affected him.

My only issue was @dang 's statement that Mannion was "hanging around for a paycheck" which I feel not only insults Mannion, but the Rams coaching staff and FO. At no time have I ever felt that Mannion was mailing it in.

Has he been bad? Yes. Do I hope either he gets right or someone else steps up? Yes.

That was all I said. I wasn't so much defending Mannion as giving a possible reason why. I haven't remotely argued that Mannion did well or even deserves more playing time.

And you can stop with the Elastigirl stuff. Not cool.