Rams at Ravens PreSeason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s... Game Day!

———

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-ravens-20180808-story.html

Key Rams starters may sit out preseason opener at Ravens, but plenty of roster competition to observe

As a rookie NFL head coach in 2017, it was important for Sean McVay to evaluate all of his new players in preseason games.

So quarterback Jared Goff, running back Todd Gurley, left tackle Andrew Whitworth, defensive lineman Michael Brockers and many other starters played in the preseason opener.

McVay, the reigning NFL coach of the year, appears to have evolved in his thinking.

After two productive days of joint practices with the Baltimore Ravens, McVay indicated that Goff and others might sit out Thursday night’s game against the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

McVay said he was having “a tough time” figuring how to balance the value of snaps versus the potential for injury to key players.

“You can’t be scared,” he said, “But you also want to be smart and mindful of those couple snaps.”

Goff, who has looked sharp throughout training camp, said he would be ready if called upon. He acknowledged that the offense’s continuity after a season in McVay’s system could factor into a decision to hold him out.

“There’s definitely part of that, where we’re a little bit more comfortable and not so much unknown,” he said. “But, whatever he wants to do, we’re on board with it.”

In 2016, under former coach Jeff Fisher, Gurley played in only one preseason game and carried the ball four times. Last year, he played in the first two preseason games and carried 12 times.

Gurley said Tuesday that he “definitely” would not want to play in the preseason. But then he reconsidered after thinking about pregame wind sprints for nonparticipants.

“I’d probably rather do the preseason, honestly, because they try to make you do like 12 100s instead, which is crazy,” he said. “So, sometimes it’s better to just play in the game.”

While the starters might be held out or limited, Thursday night’s game — and all of the preseason — is another opportunity for backup quarterback Sean Mannion.

“He’s really taken a lot of steps in the right direction,” McVay said.

Mannion completed 49 of 76 passes for 490 yards and two touchdowns during the 2017 preseason.

Mannion is in the final year of his rookie contract.

“I’m not letting that change my approach or demeanor in any way,” he said, “because the way I look at it, you’ve got to play well regardless.”

Quarterbacks Brandon Allen and Luis Perez also are expected to get snaps.

The Rams defense probably will play the majority of the game against Ravens backup quarterbacks Robert Griffin III and Lamar Jackson.

Griffin completed seven of 11 passes for 58 yards and a touchdown, with an interception, in last week’s Hall of Fame game against the Chicago Bears. Jackson completed four of 10 passes for 33 yards and a touchdown, with an interception. He also rushed eight times for 25 yards.

Thursday night’s game will be an opportunity for Rams coaches to evaluate rookies in game situations for the first time. Running back John Kelly, offensive linemen Joseph Noteboom, Brian Allen and Jamil Demby, defensive linemen John Franklin-Myers and Sebastian Joseph and linebackers Micah Kiser, Trevon Young and Travin Howard are 2018 draft picks expected to play.

Rookie linebacker Obo Okoronkwo and end Justin Lawler have been held out or slowed by injuries during training camp.

The preseason also will be important for players such as second-year running back Justin Davis.

The Rams will offer free streaming coverage of their preseason games on their website to internet users in Los Angeles, Mexico and the United Kingdom, the team announced. The stream will be available in all markets receiving CBS or UniMás’ broadcast across California, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah.

———

https://www.therams.com/news/tune-in-rams-vs-ravens-in-preseason-week-1

Tune In: Rams vs. Ravens in Preseason Week 1

The Rams will take on the Ravens this Thursday in Week 1 of the preseason. The Rams and Ravens meet after a series of joint practices and a walk-thru this week in Baltimore. The game will be broadcast live on CBS 2 with a kickoff time set for 4:30 p.m.

Here's everything you need to know to watch or listen to Thursday’s game:

TELEVISION: Thursday’s game and all Rams preseason games will be broadcast locally on CBS 2 and Univision’s UniMás 46/KFTR station. Play-by-play commentator Andrew Siciliano will be joined for the first time by hosts of NFL Network’s Good Morning Football, Nate Burleson and Peter Schrager, serving as color commentators.

RADIO: Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPNLA 710 AM and ESPN Deportes/KWKW 1330 AM. Both stations will once again bring Rams fans the full season (preseason and regular season) of games. The English broadcast will feature Voice of the Rams J.B. Long on play-by-play, with Maurice Jones-Drew and D’Marco Farr as color analysts. Plus, tune into 1330 AM for ESPN Deportes' live Spanish broadcast of the game with Troy Santiago and Ricardo Lopez on the call.

SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow the Rams on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat for live updates and behind-the-scenes content before, during, and after the game.

ONLINE: For the first time, the Los Angeles Rams will offer a free stream of their preseason games on therams.com in Los Angeles, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. In addition, the stream will be available in all markets receiving CBS or UniMás’ broadcast across California, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah. Fans in Los Angeles, any secondary US markets, and the United Kingdom will receive CBS’ feed, while fans in Mexico will receive UniMás’ broadcast. Live streams can be accessed via desktop, mobile web, and the Rams Mobile app.

Out-of-market fans can watch preseason games live with NFL Game Pass*. Click here to sign up for your FREE 7-day trial and start getting unprecedented access to every game, all year long.

*For domestic subscribers NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, or Super Bowl game broadcasts, as well as some preseason games broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives. International subscribers are able to watch both preseason and regular season games as they happen with certain restrictions. Audio feeds may be subject to availability. 2009-2011 games are temporarily unavailable. For a full description of features, requirement, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ atNFL.com/help/GamePass.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda bummed that everyone is expected to sit. I'll be there, sitting front row on the Rams sideline. I figured I'd see at least a drive. Oh well. FOOTBALL IS HERE.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda bummed that everyone is expected to sit. I'll be there, sitting front row on the Rams sideline. I figured I'd see at least a drive. Oh well. FOOTBALL IS HERE.
Hey man , we will be front row too . Maybe I'll see you .

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ahhh... the 1st gameday thread of the Rams legendary 2018/19 season.
Historians will look back and say today was the day the Rams played their 1st preseason game, against the Ravens at Baltimore...and I think they might be right...

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
Old and dumb here, does NFL Game Pass allow you to stream the game online live? If not does anyone know of a way?

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Old and dumb here, does NFL Game Pass allow you to stream the game online live? If not does anyone know of a way?
Preseason games can be streamed live. Regular and Postseason games are delayed by a day.

Rainram

Starter
Preseason games can be streamed live. Regular and Postseason games are delayed by a day.
Not always a day. Usually it’s just hours.

I have a crappy work schedule that forces me to miss most games live. But GamePass has been great for me. I’ll watch every game usually 4-6 hours afterward, but without the commercials. I like gamepass...for my situation.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Not always a day. Usually it’s just hours.

I have a crappy work schedule that forces me to miss most games live. But GamePass has been great for me. I’ll watch every game usually 4-6 hours afterward, but without the commercials. I like gamepass...for my situation.

Is Game Pass the full game or a condensed version?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d love to watch it with those guys but somebody thinks the only Rams fans are in LA.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d love to watch it with those guys but somebody thinks the only Rams fans are in LA.
Yeah, I'm freakin' stuck with the Chiefs vs Whoever preseason game where I live.....illegal streaming for me!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Game day thread

tenor.gif