PREGAME Rams at Colts Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Let me know if you'd like to make a wager on Richardson having NFL passing stats that are equal to, or very close to Allen's. I'm betting he doesn't.

Last year at UF he ranked #13 out of the 14 SEC QBs. Florida is historically a high flying offense that throws the ball a lot. Florida's offense (especially the passing offense) sucked ass last year.
Oh I am not stating that Richardson is going to do a Josh Allen. Probably unlikely as hell. However, Josh Allen's accuracy was absolutely horrible his first year and I figured he would just be a running QB who can sometimes throw a pass. Boy was I wrong on his second year when they fixed his accuracy issues.

I am just stating that it did happen so can't say never.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is the one game I figured was our best chance for a win in the first 5 games. We already got a win in game one. 2-3 would surpass my expectations. But its the NFL. The Colts are 2-1. They beat a good Ravens team last week. Its a game we can win but its definitely not a gimme. Its all gonna depend on whether or not the offensive line can stay intact. Losing our left tackle changed the whole complexion of that game.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
This is the one game I figured was our best chance for a win in the first 5 games. We already got a win in game one. 2-3 would surpass my expectations. But its the NFL. The Colts are 2-1. They beat a good Ravens team last week. Its a game we can win but its definitely not a gimme. Its all gonna depend on whether or not the offensive line can stay intact. Not threatening to run the ball consistently changed the whole complexion of that game.
FTFY

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they let him run. He’s played in two games and finished neither. They may want to protect him, particularly coming off a concussion.
Of course they want to protect him. But taking a rookie QB whose best skill is his legs and telling him not to run while giving him the starting nod would be stupid. What you coach him on in that situation is self preservation. Slide, run out of bounds, etc to limit hits.

This is why I think a QB like him should redshirt while learning the offense, then start him when he can win from the pocket. But Colts clearly want to play him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thankfully, the Colts are a worse team than we are. They are not the Bengals, where the talent is there; they're a very young team whose best player is their left guard (although I do like Anthony Richardson as a player).. So move Donald towards the right guard all game long. Make Richardson uncomfortable, but do NOT forget contain. Keep him in the pocket, do not flush him out because he will run and he will gash you for big yardage if he runs.

So I'd definitely, DEFINITELY not start Hoecht. Try literally anyone else, try Kier Thomas, try Nick Hampton, for hell's sake, try freaking VanValkenburg, but Richardson is going to burn Hoecht play after play after play.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Thankfully, the Colts are a worse team than we are. They are not the Bengals, where the talent is there; they're a very young team whose best player is their left guard (although I do like Anthony Richardson as a player).. So move Donald towards the right guard all game long. Make Richardson uncomfortable, but do NOT forget contain. Keep him in the pocket, do not flush him out because he will run and he will gash you for big yardage if he runs.

So I'd definitely, DEFINITELY not start Hoecht. Try literally anyone else, try Kier Thomas, try Nick Hampton, for hell's sake, try freaking VanValkenburg, but Richardson is going to burn Hoecht play after play after play.
What about JJ3? I think we need to find ways to get our best players on the field. I’m surprised he hasn’t been used more.

jap

Legend
 Will Van Jefferson be making a cameo appearance today, taking advantage of the added attention on Puka and Mighty Tutu?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to wonder if Alaric Jackson can stay healthy...ala Joe Noteboom. This turnover at left tackle is becoming tiresome.

muggmeister

Rookie
If Z. Thomas plays at all at LT we will lose this game. Can someone explain exactly WHY we traded for Kevin Dotson? I thought it was for insurance at the G position. Thomas on an island (instead of Noteboom) has got be worse than Dotson playing inside, why didn't Boom slide over immediately? Teams however do NOT win with multiple backup o-lineman. Packers last night without Bakhtiari and Jenkins, Cowboys were missing 3 starters, hell, Rodgers got hit 3 of the 4 plays he was in for behind the worst set of tackles in the league. I'm glad that we invested our highest pick in Avila but this group needs a TON more. I wouldn't mind if we spend our 1st next year on a LT and our 2nd on the highest ranked center (Van Pram from Georgia comes to mind).

Last edited:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
During thee SB run, we brought in a safety that was full on retired - and he got upto speed quicker than this G we just added..... :eyeroll:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our OL coach probably made those sub calls vs Cincy. Prior to that I was liking the hire very much. Now I am wondering about him tbh.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Our OL coach probably made those sub calls vs Cincy. Prior to that I was liking the hire very much. Now I am wondering about him tbh.
Me too. Then again allowing it to go on the rest of the game without adjustment reflects on the coaching at a more general level. Really puzzling.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
McVay just said in press conference that Jackson, Higbee and Skowronek will be questionable.

Clearly have a Plan B (McVay coyly declined to specify) if Jackson can’t go.

Also said Kupp will practice next week and decision of when he returns is largely up to him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm just looking forward to a bounce back week on offense for McVay, Stafford, Nacua, Tutu & Williams. And maybe a few defensive turnovers that help set it all up.