Rams and Quinn Sign Contract Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Best player on the team and best 4-3 DE in the league. Lock him up!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AdamSchefter: Rams DE Robert Quinn signed 4-year, $66.575M extension that includes $41.2M gtd tying him to team through 2019, agent Tony Fleming confirmed

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That made my Saturday - and the numbers aren't as outrageous as I would have expected. He is set up for another big contract in 2018-2019 - hopefully here.

TShram03

UDFA
4-years, $66.575 million.

$41+ million guaranteed.

Great move by his reps. He'll be 29 when this deal is done and able to cash in big time again when salary caps have escalated by tens of millions.

Seems like a bargain for Rams monetarily, but then again, Rams might regret not being able to agree on longer term deal. He'll still be in prime in 2019.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Awesome! We will have a great pass rush for at least the next 4 years!

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
So if I understand this right he is due $8.5 M over the next two years plus $66.575M for the 4 year extension so that works out to about $12.5M/year over the length of the contract? Sounds like a good deal for all involved. Rams got a great deal for one of the best players in the league and Quinn got the security and payout he was looking for! Please correct me if my understanding of this extension is wrong.

Go Rams... This should have Quinn fired up on Sun!

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Quinn-Rams-Agree-to-Four-year-Extension/a0d58afd-c1b4-4f54-9f81-d9dc2c755fee

Quinn, Rams Agree to Four-year Extension

Posted 34 minutes ago

Myles SimmonsRams Insider

The Rams have completed a four-year contract extension for defensive end Robert Quinn. The deal means the elite pass rusher is now under contract with the Rams for six years, through the 2019 season.

"My family and I are excited about this opportunity," Quinn said. "I would like to thank Mr. Kroenke, the organization, my teammates, coaches, and the St. Louis Rams fans for their support. St. Louis has become home for my family and I, and we look forward to being here for the long term."

“This is an exciting day for the Rams,” head coach Jeff Fisher said. “I’m extremely happy for our organization as well as Robert and his family. I would like to thank Stan Kroenke for his support in making this happen. Robert’s commitment to hard work has made him one of the best defensive ends in the game, as both a pass rusher and a run defender. We’re thrilled that Robert will be a part of our defense for the long term.”

The 14th overall pick in 2011, Quinn has quickly made himself into a sack machine. Since the start of the 2012 regular season, Quinn’s 29.5 sacks is second to only JJ Watt (32 sacks) amongst NFL defenders.

“This is a very happy day for the St. Louis Rams and Robert Quinn,” general manager Les Snead said. “Since his arrival, Robert has progressed into one of the top disruptive forces at the defensive end position.”

And it was last season that truly entrenched Quinn among the game’s best. The 24-year-old tallied a franchise record 19 sacks, breaking the mark of 17 set by Kevin Carter in the 1999 championship season. Additionally, he forced seven fumbles and recovered two -- returning one for the first touchdown of his career.

And he’s been planning for an even better 2014.

“I always set my bar high,” Quinn said during training camp. “No matter what I had the previous season, I always it extremely high. And I always strive for something outrageous, and if you fall a little bit short it’s usually a pretty good season.”

He’ll be in action tomorrow in Tampa when the Rams take on the Buccaneers.

“Robert, along with his fellow defensive teammates, are a key element to our team and organization,” Snead said. “We know Robert and his teammates will provide great contributions tomorrow against Tampa Bay, the remainder of this season and into the future for the St. Louis Rams.”

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Be interesting to see exactly how it's structured to see what the cap hit really is. Yes, we know it's through 2019 so 4 more years - but did they tear up next year's contract? That way the signing bonus would hit partially next year, when the Rams should be okay for cap room, lessening cap hit the rest of the way. It's to everybody's advantage if it does (except the other teams in the league) so here's hoping.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/13/rams-extend-robert-quinn-through-2019/

Rams extend Robert Quinn through 2019
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta0ognhywrlyti1ntbjyju0mzdjnzdmmwewownhn2ni-e1398706312408.jpeg
AP

The Rams will be holding on to one of the best pass rushers in person for several years to come.

Defensive end Robert Quinn has agreed to a four-year, $66.575 million extension that keeps him in St. Louis through 2019, agent Tony Fleming told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The report says the deal includes $41.2 million guaranteed, although the details about that guarantee are not yet available.

The 24-year-old Quinn recorded 19 sacks last season and was a first-team All-Pro. The Rams have the security of knowing that he’s locked up for six more seasons. And Quinn has the security of a whole lot of money — and the comfort of knowing that he could cash in during free agency again in 2020, when he’ll only be 29 years old.

Mamfm5

UDFA
So if I understand this right he is due $8.5 M over the next two years plus $66.575M for the 4 year extension so that works out to about $12.5M/year over the length of the contract? Sounds like a good deal for all involved. Rams got a great deal for one of the best players in the league and Quinn got the security and payout he was looking for! Please correct me if my understanding of this extension is wrong.

Go Rams... This should have Quinn fired up on Sun!
To get RQ for 9 years total at roughly 12.5 per/year. Yes please and thank you.

RFIP

@JasonLaCanfora: The $66M for Quinn includes all 6 yrs he's signed. His new money is roughly $57M - $14.2M/season

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Great news!!!!!!! Finally something positive lol. Well deserved!!!