Ram Attack - Jenkins a Liability?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
bskrilla confused:
I'm sort of confused as to why it's selfish to want to make a big play that either puts points on the board or gives your team the ball? Those are the kind of plays that win games. I think it's silly to call that selfish.

Silly? :lol:

bskrilla

Starter
albefree69 said:
bskrilla confused:
I think it's silly to call that selfish.

Silly?

Yes I think it's silly to call his desire to make a big play when he thinks he can selfish. It's not like the kid does it on every play. He does it when he thinks he has a good chance to succeed, and if he succeeds the team benefits from it.

It's a cost/benefit analysis. You could argue he makes the wrong decision some times, but I have a hard time calling that selfish.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are we really trying to nit picking all the small things that Janoris does? I mean he is one of the best CB's we've had in a very long time and he was a rookie. I mean who would you rather have instead of him?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Jenkins was a rookie last year. Rookie. Not a 10 year vet. Of course he was going to make mistakes. Of course he has some more learning to do. And nitpicking on a preseason game against one of, if not the best QB to play the game is , I'm sorry, foolish.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Sleepy1711 said:
Are we really trying to nit picking all the small things that Janoris does? I mean he is one of the best CB's we've had in a very long time and he was a rookie. I mean who would you rather have instead of him?
:plus1:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sleepy1711 overestimating the other side:

No. I think it's just me. Just woke up huh? :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd say your first episode was a rousing success. :lol:

sent via Tapatalk.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
jrry32 remembering it differently than me:
As I recall on the play against the Dolphins, Jenkins thought he had it read and jumped the fake while staring down the QB. The WR carried out the double move and was wide open when Jenkins jumped the inside route immediately.

He didn't just stand there and act like there wasn't a play. Just made a poor read and a bad decision.

As far as the Broncos game, I saw him get beat on the play but I wasn't watching him at the start so I have no idea if he was or wasn't messing with his wristband or other accessories.

I remember it as I described it. I think someone posted a video with that play but I think it was at the Huddle.

As for the Bronco game, it was mentioned by two different people. One of them talked about a wrist strap and the other said he was fooling with something at belt level.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000079647/Ryan-Tannehill-29-yard-TD-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... rd-TD-pass</a>

Sorry, jumped the outside route. Moore ran an out-n-up. Jenkins jumped underneath the out.

I can't even begin to describe just how many things he did wrong on that play but just assuming it is him being selfish is questionable at best to me.

If you were being selfish, you'd want to look good...you wouldn't want to get your arse burnt.

As for the Broncos game, like I said, I didn't see it so I'm not going to make assumptions.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Dr.RamsFanCK swinging and missing:
Started this web series to try and get people to come over from youtube and facebook and join our oasis of Rams Nation. So keep the conversation lively!! Topic of the day is whether or not Janoris Jenkis constantly looking in the back field and playing overly aggressive will become a liability at some point.

I'm not sure this turned out like you thought it would. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
Started this web series to try and get people to come over from youtube and facebook and join our oasis of Rams Nation. So keep the conversation lively!! Topic of the day is whether or not Janoris Jenkis constantly looking in the back field and playing overly aggressive will become a liability at some point.

On the contrary. I think this is exactly what he had in mind. The migration will happen.eventually, but in the meantime, it was a great topic with lots of discussion.

Well done lil doc!

sent via Tapatalk.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jrry32 bringing gifts:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000079647/Ryan-Tannehill-29-yard-TD-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... rd-TD-pass</a>

Sorry, jumped the outside route. Moore ran an out-n-up. Jenkins jumped underneath the out.

Naw, he was still looking at the QB until the WR was 5 yards past him although he did take one side step to his right when the WR flew by him, the whole the time still looking at the QB.

Thanks for researching the video though. Brings back bad memories. :nono: :lol:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
jrry32 bringing gifts:

Naw, he was still looking at the QB until the WR was 5 yards past him although he did take one side step to his right when the WR flew by him, the whole the time still looking at the QB.

Seriously, you're complaining about mistakes jenkins made in his rookie season? Did you expect him to be all world good as a rookie?

c'mon man, let's get real here. Every team in the nfl would love to have jenkins on their roster.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
jrry32 bringing gifts:

Correctable.

I'd be concerned if he was a seasoned vet, but rookies get a little latitude. I'm sure he's seen that play himself a few times too in the film room. In super slo mo :lol:

sent via Tapatalk.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
albefree69 said:

On the contrary. I think this is exactly what he had in mind. The migration will happen eventually, but in the meantime, it was a great topic with lots of discussion.

Well done lil doc!

sent via Tapatalk.

Thanks! Yeah albefree, I just wanted some lively conversation to draw in non members! Thanks to you albefree we weren't all on the same side of this discussion...your the man!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
kurtfaulk not seeing my point:

Seriously, you're complaining about mistakes jenkins made in his rookie season? Did you expect him to be all world good as a rookie?

c'mon man, let's get real here. Every team in the nfl would love to have jenkins on their roster.

I'm not complaining about Jenkins making mistakes. I'm complaining about what this particular mistake says about where his head is at. He's made lots of other mistakes and you don't hear me talking about them do you? When you add this particular mistake to what happened in the Bronco game it paints a picture I don't like. People need to read the whole thread before they jump to erroneous conclusions. Maybe many of you don't see these two incidences as evidence of anything worrisome and that's fine, but I wish you all would stop trying to make out like I'm complaining about a rookie making mistakes. Sheesh!

I was out there on this same limb by myself (at first) when it was Incognito we were talking about. Was I complaining about him missing a block? No. Was I complaining about him getting a false start penalty? No (OK maybe occasionally). I was complaining about his inability to control himself and think about the team first. How'd that turn out? Ah, the memories of getting beat up back then too. Brings a tear to my eye. :lol:

Anybody have any Flintstone bandaids?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
kurtfaulk not seeing my point:

I'm not complaining about Jenkins making mistakes. I'm complaining about what this particular mistake says about where his head is at. He's made lots of other mistakes and you don't hear me talking about them do you? When you add this particular mistake to what happened in the Bronco game it paints a picture I don't like. People need to read the whole thread before they jump to erroneous conclusions. Maybe many of you don't see these two incidences as evidence of anything worrisome and that's fine, but I wish you all would stop trying to make out like I'm complaining about a rookie making mistakes. Sheesh!

I was out there on this same limb by myself (at first) when it was Incognito we were talking about. Was I complaining about him missing a block? No. Was I complaining about him getting a false start penalty? No (OK maybe occasionally). I was complaining about his inability to control himself and think about the team first. How'd that turn out? Ah, the memories of getting beat up back then too. Brings a tear to my eye. :lol:

Anybody have any Flintstone bandaids?
Mornin' Al :tooth:

Jenkins FWIW is a real live feast or famine player ,I think that is self evident.

Whether he has the "team player" ethos to adequate proportion IS a legitmate concern and , ME? I don't worry about that cuz I'm confident Fisher will jerk his ass right the F off the field if he gets that vibe.

Jenkins, Quick ,Pead all drafted in the second round two of the three din't get playing time until they met the standards Fisheroo expected.

I know Manning victimized JJ ,I also know he's the best QB were gonna see this year, and again IMO Fisher has zero problem giving someone "the oak"
I think Jenkins will be at or near the top in turnovers this year,he'll give up a few cheep TDs but in the end I like the kid.

He's not gonna be the top corner in the league like Reavis, but behind the best pass rush in the league,which we should have ,I think he's a good fit.

I think we could lead the league in sacks and int's this year if Ogletree continues to develop that way.

Boy do I sound like a homer ?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not sure if anybody can successfully tell what a player's motivation is, be it selfishness or any other type of motivation . That would require intimate knowledge of said player. I think someone said Jenkins was checking his wrist during the play in question, and that would make sense, because that's where plays are stored.

sent via Tapatalk.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Thor - yes, you sound like a homer. But for good reason.

I think Jenkins is exactly the type of CB Fisher wants. A CB who will play aggressively and make plays, while the safeties play safer at times to counter the aggressive CB play.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy being a ray of sunshine:

Morning TD! I don't know about where you are but in New Hampshire it's a really beautiful day. Sunny, 73F and a light breeze.

Manning targeted Jenkins early and often, completing 6 of 7 passes. I'm only complaining about one of them. I actually think he has the potential be a top corner like Reavis but not the way he's going right now.

As for your excitement about the upcoming season, justified.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy being a ray of sunshine:

Morning TD! I don't know about where you are but in New Hampshire it's a really beautiful day. Sunny, 73F and a light breeze.

Manning targeted Jenkins early and often, completing 6 of 7 passes. I'm only complaining about one of them. I actually think he has the potential be a top corner like Reavis but not the way he's going right now.

As for your excitement about the upcoming season, justified.

Hot, humid SUMMER HAS ARRIVED.
Seriously this has been the worst summer for selling global warming in my memory.

I'm heading in your general direction tomorrow morning and will be sitting in the USTA President's box Weds night.

I hear there will be rain but I'm looking forward to seeing the Big Apple ,worms and all ( Bloomberg :tooth: ) drinking a 32 oz soda now that the courts have protected that vital right for me :ww:

I am taking my own salt shaker though, being of Norwegian descent my genetic makeup causes my body to sluff salt and if I don't get enough I cramp badly when I glow ( gentlemen don't sweat ,we glow).

This has been a good discussion and IMO your concerns about JJ are as well founded as my Polyandrous position ( spail check dun that) keep worrying saves me the effort :tooth: