Raiders -now- Rams Sign Dakota Allen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMG... that is fantastic news! Welcome back, Dakota! Hopefully this is his last stop.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Home Sweet Home!
1572895705899.png

Cameron DaSilva

11 minutes ago
One of the more surprising moves during final cuts for the Rams was the decision to waive linebacker Dakota Allen. The 2019 seventh-round pick was playing well in the preseason and with Los Angeles having a hole at inside linebacker, he was viewed as a good depth player.
After just over a month with the Raiders, Allen is back with the Rams. The team announced he has been signed to the practice squad less than a week after the Raiders waived him.

The Raiders signed Allen off the Rams’ practice squad back in late September and he made his debut a few weeks against the Bears. After Oakland re-signed Brandon Marshall, however, Allen was waived on Oct. 30.

Allen, the 251st overall pick in the 2019 draft, played his college ball at Texas Tech. He was dismissed from the team and expelled from the university after his redshirt freshman season, which is how he landed at East Mississippi Community College and on the show “Last Chance U.”

He returned to Texas Tech after a year at EMCC and was a captain in 2018 for the Red Raiders.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Awesome news!!!! Let's get him active!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams only signed him because all the ROD bitching and moaning when he was cut. Who says complaing doesn't work.

Or perhaps addressing concerns that the Rams may desire increased competition at ILB for a post Littleton phase in case he is lost to free agency. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or perhaps addressing concerns that the Rams may desire increased competition at ILB for a post Littleton phase in case he is lost to free agency. jmo.
Be careful, that sarcasm meter is doing low flying maneuvers over your head.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Many posters, including myself were sad to see Dakota Allen not make the 53 man squad after preseason. Then to add insult to injury he gets signed off our PS by the Raiders - well he's back. The Raiders cut him to make room for ILB Brandon Marshall.

This is great news maybe he gets some looks with Hager out.

A definite fan favorite.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Many posters, including myself were sad to see Dakota Allen not make the 53 man squad after preseason. Then to add insult to injury he gets signed off our PS by the Raiders - well he's back. The Raiders cut him to make room for ILB Brandon Marshall.

This is great news maybe he gets some looks with Hager out.

A definite fan favorite.
Include a link when creating threads of this kind please. Thanks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
On a serious note, I'm happy that we re-signed him to the practice squad, at least. I honestly don't know whose place he'll take, though; while I'm not the biggest Hager/Reeder fan, the Rams like them. Hopefully nobody poaches him from the practice squad again.

oldnotdead

Legend
Frankly I don't see what the excitement is about over signing a backup / rotational level talent. He lacks speed making him strictly an early down rotational player. I didn't see anything in his play to suggest he's a starter level talent.

I think he eventually can become a decent depth / ST's type of player. The guy I'm waiting to see is
Kenny Young. He has the traits you look for in a MO ILB, which is where the hole is and where Reeder is trying to fill. Reeder is a hard-nosed player who has shown enough to validate his role as a rotational backup. But he lacks the speed and coverage ability the team really needs at that position. The fact the team specifically traded for Young tells me that they are looking at him to fill the MO ILB position long term.

I would expect to see him play coming out of the bye. I think they will follow their normal MO and work him in over a few games, increasing his snaps as he gains experience. Young has the athleticism to play the position. Its a matter of whether he can be the fit they need.

With Young and Reeder at MO there really isn't an opening for Dakota other than STs as Dakota isn't a MIKE LB.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Doggone it Oldnotdead your post beat me by 4 minutes. Some great insights by you though 'cuz I too am looking forward to seeing what Kenny Young can do. I believe he was very much on Les Snead's radar if you know what I mean.

~ArkyRamsFan~