Raiders at Rams - Preseason Game 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Isn't the address on your credit card a giveaway? I've had game pass for two or three years. Now its not working on my tv. If I cancel it then get it again that does t tip them off?

Goes off your IP I believe, I used my American address for my international gamepass and never had any issues, because I was always located in Ireland.

If they ever questioned me I probably would have sent back a photo like "does this fucking look like America? Now send me swag to pass out and expand your client base you cowards."

I may or may not be working at getting the Rams to send me swag to hand out to Irish people... Grow the brand, internationally, right Stan? Gimme tickets.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Now that we have all seen the mess that is Bobby Evans, who still believes the coach speak that Allen simply played his way onto the starting Oline with stellar effort?

I hope Allen's second shot goes much better than the first.
Completely agree.
Someone else losing the job, isn't the same as the other player winning it.

I'm holding my breath, though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I’d like to see Funk snd Jones with the ones before saying they can’t get it done. Playing with the group they have been in the last two weeks makes it hard to evaluate.

Better last night after the first quarter but still too many whiffs and no second level blocking most plays.

I’ll have to look at blitz situations I saw Funk pick up a couple of guys. I don’t expect rookies to be great at that.
My biggest concern with Jones, is that he seems to go down at 1st contact.

fearsomefour

Legend
His 1st year I think if he wins the returner job and is active, you will see him get a couple of touches a game. At least his name will be called a couple of times a game. He will be a decoy deep more than anything. He will be able to last with that type of usage. He only has to get a couple deep completions early to keep the D honest. Jackson will be on the field more but will need breathers running deep all the time. Atwell will be useful.
I agree.
That’s kind of how I picture him.
But they are really just two injuries away from needing him to be a “real” receiver.

fearsomefour

Legend
Nah. He just needs to be above league average for RoD fans not to rag on him. That would be a big upgrade over what Blythe provided
My point is guys get singled out on the board and get hammered no matter what they do.
Me may well be solid but I bet that will get nothing but crap.
I reference a very solid player at his position, Lance Kendricks, for reference.
Was solid and got endlessly hammered here.
So it goes.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The trick is to hit him on time so he can use his speed to beat the defender. He had so much space but the ball came so late that the defender was on him as soon as he caught it. Stafford will hit him on time and he will make ground.

And don't underthrow him where a taller back can get his hand up in front of him to block the ball. Same result as a late throw.

QB needs to throw Atwell open with anticipation a step beyond, where Atwell can get it but a defender can't. Atwell has speed to get a step on anyone.

Thought Atwell showed pretty well for not much practice or experience yet. Need to see him with Stafford, in McVay's best designed plays, with other receivers who pose a threat to the D also on the field.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My point is guys get singled out on the board and get hammered no matter what they do.
Me may well be solid but I bet that will get nothing but crap.
I reference a very solid player at his position, Lance Kendricks, for reference.
Was solid and got endlessly hammered here.
So it goes.
Yeah I thought ppl were a little hard on Kendricks but it comes with being drafted higher and the expectations that come with it. But then you get Blythe and Barnes creating a target on their backs.

Evans sucking makes McVays coachspeak appear to be a obvious deception. The frustration around here about the obvious Oline need at center won’t fade away if Allen can’t both pass and run block. Especially after two drafts that had plenty of Center options available. So maybe you are right. He’s walking into a tough room.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't the address on your credit card a giveaway? I've had game pass for two or three years. Now its not working on my tv. If I cancel it then get it again that does t tip them off?

I agree with Merlin. When a player has a degree off injury so bad that it keeps him from practicing all of camp and OTA's its time to cut bait. In general picking seriously injured players doesn't work out in the end, especially with a third round pick.

I doubt any team would give up a pick. With his ability, if he doesn't workout on one team, how does he pan out for another?

They just hate the size. Short and slight rarely works out in the NFL. Besides that they used a second round pick to get him. They could have had the Center of the future. Then their plan blows up with the line and they are right back in the same boat. I'd rather have the line fixed than a super fast receiver who is a higher injury risk than most others.
They don't care. As long as you use the VPN when you're logging into GamePass, they don't hassle you. Think about it from their perspective. Their Sunday Ticket deal prevents them from selling streaming in the U.S., but the money coming in from streaming outside the U.S. is just more money in their pockets. So why would you heavily police the people who are giving you more money?

(There are also the potential bad optics of hassling people who are in the military, which is the last thing they want to risk.)
I think it is one of the safest pass plays inside the 10, but you have to have a QB that can throw it and a big strong receiver who can block out. It's virtually unstoppable when done right. The pass can be thrown early cause it's a lob so pass rush is mitigated. The fade for 2 points was there, but the receiver and QB were not on the same page. Stafford would not have missed that pass.
It's a very statistically inefficient play.
My thoughts as well. He does not have the velocity to be able to hit smaller windows regularly IMO. I like him, and maybe that can be developed, but it may be more if an arm strength issue.
IMO, his arm is good enough. The problem is anticipation. He's throwing late consistently. That's why those routine hitches were being contested every time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anybody else notice Talib make the comment I think in the 3rd quarter that "Burgess is fighting for a job". A lot around here have assumed he's starting with Fuller and Rapp is the 3rd but here Talib makes it sound like Burgess is just trying to maintain the #3 spot ahead of Reed and Scott before he got hurt but he'll be back soon.
Yeah and that's a good note OS. Talib would probably know better than us. He is in touch with the players you know they talk to him and he knows a lot about what the Rams do and how they do it. Meanwhile we can't see but maybe half the DBs on a given play without all-22. Good chance he's correct there since Burgess was out there getting snaps.

Problem with Burgess is you know the guy had every chance last year but got jumped by Fuller. Ok, well, Fuller's a heck of a player shit happens. But now here we are a year later and the safety position just seems unsettled still but Fuller also hasn't really pushed to be the nickel corner either.

Only thing that's kept me from discussing these guys is that I honestly don't have a great feel for them, for who's in what spot. And that is a little concerning, even though I think this is the deepest position we've had there in years.

fearsomefour

Legend
They don't care. As long as you use the VPN when you're logging into GamePass, they don't hassle you. Think about it from their perspective. Their Sunday Ticket deal prevents them from selling streaming in the U.S., but the money coming in from streaming outside the U.S. is just more money in their pockets. So why would you heavily police the people who are giving you more money?

(There are also the potential bad optics of hassling people who are in the military, which is the last thing they want to risk.)

It's a very statistically inefficient play.

IMO, his arm is good enough. The problem is anticipation. He's throwing late consistently. That's why those routine hitches were being contested every time.
Perkins is very green.
That is an encouragement.
He’s progressed a lot.
I’m sure he sticking and will be given more time.
The question is regular roster or PS?