Quinton Coples signs with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
So is it me or is Demoff and Snead plotting to remove all concerns from the defense so this can be an offense heavy draft?

Or are they just setting me up so my head will explode when they go DE at 15???

"And with the 15th pick in the draft the Los Angeles Rams select :headexplosion: Defensive End, BFU."

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Have six locked in Hayes, Coples, Quinn, Simms, Donald, and Brockers locked in. Still have Trinca-Pasat, Longacre, Worthington, and Westbrooks interesting to see who plays where alot of DEs

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So is it me or is Demoff and Snead plotting to remove all concerns from the defense so this can be an offense heavy draft?

Or are they just setting me up so my head will explode when they go DE at 15???

I hope your right and it starts by trading up for a QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That is sick as in WTF man?!?!?!????????

Some Black fraternities have done this as a way of symbolically taking back the branding that used to take place during slavery using the same method. Now, it's a symbol of achievement and brotherhood.

As for the scar, it's a keloid scar. Africans and African-Americans tend to have significantly greater scarring as they tend to grow skin faster. This also manifests most commonly among men of African descent with "shave bumps" and with some men can lead to significant scarring. So much so that in the military, there is a racial exemption from shaving due to this issue.

I'm part black and I scar pretty badly. I recently had open surgery to fix a hernia and the 4 inch scar isn't so bad above the skin, but beneath the skin, it feels like I'm trying to smuggle a roll of quarters. Let's just say I'm not taking a flight any time soon...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As for the signing, depends on what it cost us. Has potential to be an amazing signing or a waste of money.

2 years 6.5 mil...Excellent signing and again the Rams have one best of the defensive line coaches in the NFL in Mike Waufle so this could have huge upside as well.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
As for the signing, I'm thrilled! This is gonna be a fine thing.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think worst case, he's about the same level as Chris Long was for us in the past couple years at $10M less. Best case, he's so much better and lives up to his potential. Big fan of this move.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like this signing. Low risk, high reward potential. For the first time in his nfl career he will be handled correctly. At worst he's solid depth and hopefully takes DE off our early draft needs board.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm okay with this signing. Coples could be a nice pickup.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a lot of faith in our staff to not only coach him up, but put him in position to succeed. He clearly has the ability and physical tools to be a great player in this league and GW will get that out of him. This years mark Barron

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some Black fraternities have done this as a way of symbolically taking back the branding that used to take place during slavery using the same method. Now, it's a symbol of achievement and brotherhood.

As for the scar, it's a keloid scar. Africans and African-Americans tend to have significantly greater scarring as they tend to grow skin faster. This also manifests most commonly among men of African descent with "shave bumps" and with some men can lead to significant scarring. So much so that in the military, there is a racial exemption from shaving due to this issue.

I'm part black and I scar pretty badly. I recently had open surgery to fix a hernia and the 4 inch scar isn't so bad above the skin, but beneath the skin, it feels like I'm trying to smuggle a roll of quarters. Let's just say I'm not taking a flight any time soon...

interesting. i thought it was more of a macho thing. every man and his dog have tats so to show how really tough you are you have to get this very painful procedure done to prove you're a man.

well, you learn something new everyday.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love this. Getting closer and closer to being able to focus on nothing but offense in this draft.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
With the Sensabaugh and Coples signing, I'm seriously wondering if this and maybe a few others may clear the way for a trade up to #1?

I dunno. If the Rams sign Rueben Randle, I seriously think the Rams will be prepped to make the trade up even if Quick and Bailey don't contribute. Especially since very few rookie WRs contribute as rookies. Very few Amani Coopers out there and doesn't look like any this year.

RamBill

Legend
Rams add more depth on defensive line with Quinton Coples
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...e-depth-on-defensive-line-with-quinton-coples

EARTH CITY, Mo. --Since Jeff Fisher arrived as head coach in 2012, the Los Angeles Rams haven't been shy about adding first-round talent to their defensive line. In the four-plus years since, nothing has changed.

The Rams added defensive end Quinton Coples on Wednesday, as he agreed to a two-year deal to leave the Miami Dolphins for Los Angeles. Coples, a 2012 first-round pick of the New York Jets, is the third defensive end the Rams have signed or re-signed during the free-agent period. He joins incumbents William Hayes and Eugene Sims as the Rams continue to fortify their front four after releasing end Chris Long before free agency started.

Through his first four seasons, Coples has been a disappointment for the Jets and Dolphins. He has 114 tackles, 16.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in that time. At 6-foot-6, 290 pounds, Coples has spent most of his career playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense but some NFL types have believed he'd be a better fit with his hand on the ground in a 4-3 scheme.

In Los Angeles, Coples should have that opportunity though defensive coordinator Gregg Williams never hesitates to find creative ways to deploy all the pass-rushers at his disposal.

The book on Coples coming out of North Carolina was that he had all the physical tools to excel in the NFL but lacked the consistent motor to be effective from down to down. But Coples is still only 25 and the Rams likely believe they have the talent and coaching staff around him to help him get closer to reaching his potential.

With Coples in place, the Rams now have a defensive end rotation that includes Robert Quinn, Hayes, Sims, Coples and Matt Longacre. Ethan Westbrooks is also still in the mix though it wouldn't be a surprise if he moved inside on a more regular basis in 2016.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Nice. I'm not sure why, but this signing makes me feel good. Like he's going to reach his potential now learning from Quinn, Hayes, Donald, etc. And relatively cheap. Not bad Snisher. Not bad.

I agree, feels like a good player with upside and potential to be really good. Kind of feels like he wanted to sign here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really like this move.
BCoMfAP.jpg