Quinton Coples signs with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Works for me. It's bound to be cheap, and we know our DL. I think he was used poorly in New York, hopefully we can fix him.

I can't wait to cheer for this guy and and his disturbing arm brand.

140082998_extra_large.jpg

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Nice pickup on the d-line. I think he'll fit in just fine.

Yep I agree. He will get to be a 4-3 D-End instead of coming off the edge in a 3-4. Hopefully Waufle can help him reach the potential he showed coming out of college. Gets to reunite with Quinn too.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good signing. Rotational or potential starter?

Psycho_X

Legend
That is sick as in WTF man?!?!?!????????

Yeah those are so stupid and disgusting but his is like the ultimate gross one. Wonder if he picks on it like a scab? Or ever gets it caught on something when walking by and tears a piece off? Just gross.

But yeah OJ Atogwe had a pretty good one also. It's a fraternity thing. Don't ask me.

Psycho_X

Legend
As for the signing, depends on what it cost us. Has potential to be an amazing signing or a waste of money.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Works for me. It's bound to be cheap, and we know our DL. I think he was used poorly in New York, hopefully we can fix him.

I can't wait to cheer for this guy and and his disturbing arm brand.

140082998_extra_large.jpg
It looks like he tried to get it lasered off and failed lol

SierraRam

Recreational User
Hopefully, he's another Barron for us - A first round talent who was in the wrong system. I want to see the details, but this could be a 'Low Risk - (potential) High Reward' signing. I like it!!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Great signing. I thought awhile back we may have pursued Vinny Curry but he resigned with the Eagles.

See ROD members patience patience, patience. There's not one single positional player I can say we missed out on in the first wave of FA. And yes I'm sober. ;)

RamBill

Legend
Rams Sign DE Quinton Coples To Two-Year Deal
By 3k

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/3...e-agency-los-angeles-rams-sign-quinton-coples

The Rams have added the 16th overall pick from the 2012 NFL Draft to their defensive line.

The Los Angeles Rams have signed former New York Jets and Miami Dolphins DE Quinton Coples on a two year deal:

We looked briefly at the potential of the move on Monday when Coples' visit with the team was reported.

Now, though, we can lock in Coples as part of a four-man rotation at defensive end with Robert Quinn (who is coming off of back surgery), William Hayes and Eugene Sims (both of whom re-signed with the Rams recently - Hayes on a three-year deal, Sims for the same). The previous fourth member of the Rams' DE rotation, Chris Long, was released in February with MLB James Laurinaitis and TE Jared Cook; he has since signed with the New England Patriots.

It's a move full of potential as a reclamation project. Coples never quite lived up to his draft billing with the Jets. Playing on the same line as Quinn and DT Aaron Donald could be what Coples needs to restart his NFL career with the Rams.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Nice. I'm not sure why, but this signing makes me feel good. Like he's going to reach his potential now learning from Quinn, Hayes, Donald, etc. And relatively cheap. Not bad Snisher. Not bad.

RamBill

Legend
Rams To Sign Quinton Coples
March 16th, 2016 at 1:51pm CST by Luke Adams

http://www.profootballrumors.com/rams-to-sign-quinton-coples/

It will be a two-year contract with a base value of $6.5MM for Coples, according to Rand Getlin of the NFL Network (Twitter link), who adds that the deal can max out at $9.75MM.

1:37pm: The Rams are signing defensive end Quinton Coples, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, who reports (via Twitter) that the two sides have agreed to terms on a two-year contract. Coples paid a visit to the Rams earlier this week, having previously met with the Panthers.Quinton Coples

Coples, selected 16th overall in the 2012 draft, was cut by the Dolphins last month before his fifth-year option for the 2016 season became fully guaranteed. The veteran edge defender had previously spent most of his career with the Jets, before being claimed off waivers by Miami last fall.

Coples had his best year as a pro in 2014, but even that amounted to just 35 tackles and 6.5 sacks, modest totals for a first-round pass rusher. When Todd Bowles took over as the Jets’ head coach a year ago, Coples was further marginalized in New York. Due to his poor fit in Bowles’ defense – and perhaps an alleged incident on a team flight, though Bowles denied that – the 25-year-old was waived by the club in November.

A fresh start should benefit Coples, and the Rams look like a good fit for him. With Robert Quinn, William Hayes, Aaron Donald, and Michael Brockers penciled in as the starters up front, Los Angeles should have a formidable defensive line even if Coples doesn’t contribute much. The former first-round pick will likely be a better fit in the Rams’ 4-3 system than he was as a 3-4 outside linebacker, so we’ll see if he can muster a bounce-back season in 2016.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So is it me or is Demoff and Snead plotting to remove all concerns from the defense so this can be an offense heavy draft?

Or are they just setting me up so my head will explode when they go DE at 15???

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's a move full of potential as a reclamation project. Coples never quite lived up to his draft billing with the Jets. Playing on the same line as Quinn and DT Aaron Donald could be what Coples needs to restart his NFL career with the Rams.
I really hope this works out well!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's young, wasn't a fit with the Jets, so it's a nice signing. Roll the dice on a cheap option who might be able to help you under a great defensive staff that fits and a veteran DL? Definitely.