Quick would be productive on any other team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Holt knows a lot about it that doesn't mean he knows how to evaluate or even teach others. Some of the greats just don't understand how something can be so easy for them but others can't duplicate.

No need to get snarky because you don't agree

I'd believe that if the players and coaches haven't already said how much of a help Holt has been- and I'm not just talking about this team. Holt helped the youth when he was still playing and I only heard positive things.

Nothing personal with the sarcasm. I'm just tired of everyone making excuses. It's REALLY wearing on me. I didn't mean anything by it.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I like Quick. I don't understand why they don't target him more. Whatever the reason I don't see it. But whatever it is the facts are he's been a disappointement. Hopefully he developes and becomes a trusted and productive player. But I wouldn't go into 2014 counting on him to make the transformation from where he is at to where we need him to be.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It looks that way.

But I'm not ready to concede this.

Quick has progressed. Like a lot of WR before him, that's something to watch going forward.

Did you see the Dallas game (the Bears v Dallas game... I'm not even going to talk about the Rams v. Dallas game). I think you can concede at this point.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
As for Quick he will be a lot better playing with Bradford next year than we are seeing right now. And there are other teams he would be invisible with, the QB has to throw it his way for him to have any impact. And there are other teams with worse QBs than Clemens.

This has been a lost season for the team for a while, they just need to keep working and targeting next year for a breakout year for this team.

He did just fine dropping Bradford's balls. He needs to learn how to use both hands.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He did just fine dropping Bradford's balls. He needs to learn how to use both hands.
Cook has 6 drops this year the same number as Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith

Wes Welker and Cecil Shorts lead the league with 10

Cook's drop rate 7.9% has him 91st in the league.

nighttrain

Legend
Cook has 6 drops this year the same number as Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith

did you mean Quick and write Cook:wink:
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And why doesn't he (or Bradford when he was still playing) look his way much? It's because the QB's don't trust Quick to be where he's supposed to be, be open, and/or catch the ball. It's all about TRUST. You could tell who Palmer trusted yesterday. Even when Fitz was covered, Palmer still trusted that Fitz would be able to come down with the ball or at the very least prevent it from being intercepted. With WR's like Quick, they aren't going to beat CB's with speed or quickness. They're going to beat them with good route running and/or being able to fight for the ball. Quick does neither well.

If this continues for the rest of the year it'll take some deep thinking from Snead and Fisher to decide. I don't care if the QB is a backup, that doesn't effect how you run your route or where you line up. When I read what people are saying and I read between the lines it says to me "he doesn't know the playbook and doesn't understand his assignments" which would explain why they have him on the field but only blocking or whatever, I think they are trying to pull him along with time on the field but aren't confident in him when it comes to getting him involved with the ball.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
You're wrong. Jeffery is far more talented than Quick with elite hands, ball skills, high point ability, and post up skills. These are all things that he showed in college and shaky ball skills and lack of separation are what Quick showed in college, especially in the senior bowl. Why the Rams staff expected these things to change especially with Jeffery coming out of the SEC and Quick coming out of the Sun Belt conference is beyond me. Perhaps it was something that Jeffery said in an interview that put them off him, but in the end all they did was try to outsmart the facts and came up empty. Chalk it up to experience, I suppose, let's just hope they don't make the same mistake again.

Jeffery had more question marks about him coming into the draft than just about any player in a long long time. Reports of him running something like a 4.7s 40 and weighing in up to 250+ pounds were everywhere. To me, that sounds like a far more risky pic than a kid who busted his ass off at an FCS school, with all of the measurables. Of course, we all know now that Alshon shed the weight going into the combine. After his rookie season he caught flack from Brandon Marshall for being too soft. Certainly not a knock against Quick who gets high marks for getting his nose dirty run blocking.

But what happens when Jeffery gets his next contract? Does his desire go right out the window? Hard to predict. Sure he's having a lights out run right now, but so what?! Until Clemens can fire a halfway decent ball downfield, none of our WRs are going to be making highlight reel material.

fancents86

Starter
Heres how ive determined Quicks progress:

Do i remember him on the field last season? No.
Do i remeber any plays from last season from him? No.

Do i remeber him on the field this season? Yes.
Do i remeber any plays that he was in tis season? Yes.

Looks like he's developing to me

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
did you mean Quick and write Cook:wink:
train
LOL I must not have gotten enough sleep last night :slap:

Quick actually only has 2 drops for a 6.7% avg and 16 catches in 30 targets

:wow: I'm awake I'm awake I don't wanna go to work

jjab360

Legend
Jeffery had more question marks about him coming into the draft than just about any player in a long long time. Reports of him running something like a 4.7s 40 and weighing in up to 250+ pounds were everywhere. To me, that sounds like a far more risky pic than a kid who busted his ass off at an FCS school, with all of the measurables. Of course, we all know now that Alshon shed the weight going into the combine. After his rookie season he caught flack from Brandon Marshall for being too soft. Certainly not a knock against Quick who gets high marks for getting his nose dirty run blocking.

But what happens when Jeffery gets his next contract? Does his desire go right out the window? Hard to predict. Sure he's having a lights out run right now, but so what?! Until Clemens can fire a halfway decent ball downfield, none of our WRs are going to be making highlight reel material.
Okay, but Jeffery weighed in at the combine at 216 lbs. and ran a 4.48 at his pro day, which made these rumors irrelevant.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

But you failed to mention the rest of the stats. Look at the ratio:

Drops Receptions
Cook 6 43
Calvin 6 75
Green 6 78
S. Smith 6 60
T. Smith 6 55
Welker 10 73
C. Shorts 10 66

Last edited by a moderator:

RamsOfCastamere

LOL I must not have gotten enough sleep last night :slap:

Quick actually only has 2 drops for a 6.7% avg and 16 catches in 30 targets

:wow: I'm awake I'm awake I don't wanna go to work

Wow, I totally missed this. :slap:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
But you failed to mention the rest of the stats. Look at the ratio:

Drops Receptions
Cook 6 43
Calvin 6 75
Green 6 78
S. Smith 6 60
T. Smith 6 55
Welker 10 73
C. Shorts 10 66

Since we are talking about Cook :rolleyes: Even if he caught every target all season he'd still only have 73. They just have not throw as much since the Dallas game.

I get so distracted by your signature video I forget what and who I'm talking about!! Please don't change it!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Heres how ive determined Quicks progress:

Do i remember him on the field last season? No.
Do i remeber any plays from last season from him? No.

Do i remeber him on the field this season? Yes.
Do i remeber any plays that he was in tis season? Yes.

Looks like he's developing to me

LOL

RamsOfCastamere

I'm not sure how the official drop stat is determined. Apparently, according to the stat, Givens has 2 drops and 31 receptions. :wow: