Quick would be productive on any other team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
the coaches need to put him in the game plan.Clemens doesnt even look his way seems like they just want him to block. hope he gets released or traded for his sake

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Wait. there were guys like Frank Cusumano who love Clemens. And people were saying there wasn't any drop off from Bradford. LOL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wait. there were guys like Frank Cusumano who love Clemens. And people were saying there wasn't any drop off from Bradford. LOL.
Thats because Cusamano is a basketball guy...guys like him only see the instant satisfaction.

I've said it before and still think it rings true...people have connected their emotional feeling from the team winning and tie it to the fact Clemens was starting...therefore, Clemens is the reason...when any rational fan looks at this team and realizes the run game and defense/special teams have done more for this team this year than the passing game.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thats because Cusamano is a basketball guy...guys like him only see the instant satisfaction.

I've said it before and still think it rings true...people have connected their emotional feeling from the team winning and tie it to the fact Clemens was starting...therefore, Clemens is the reason...when any rational fan looks at this team and realizes the run game and defense/special teams have done more for this team this year than the passing game.

Ah. Thanks didn't know that about him.

Cosell said when he watched the tape on Clemens it became clear that the Rams don't trust him to do anything. Other teams figure that out and then you get what we got the last 2 weeks. It's over now. The last 3 weeks will be awful. Fisher has his hand full keep the young guys playing hard. They all know the seasons over for them. This is one depressed locker room.

I'm telling you guys, Fisher has got to win next year or it's gonna get so bad.

jjab360

Legend
We made a mistake drafting him over Jeffery, plain and simple. It happens, oh well, let's just make sure to fix that mistake this upcoming April with Mike Evans.:heh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We made a mistake drafting him over Jeffery, plain and simple. It happens, oh well, let's just make sure to fix that mistake this upcoming April with Mike Evans.:heh:

It looks that way.

But I'm not ready to concede this.

Quick has progressed. Like a lot of WR before him, that's something to watch going forward.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Quick is learning how to play football. And he has to do it in the NFL. When his instincts develop we can see what kind of player he can be. But he has to develop.

V3

Hall of Fame
It looks that way.

But I'm not ready to concede this.

Quick has progressed. Like a lot of WR before him, that's something to watch going forward.

He's progressed to what? A WR that's still pretty bad. He's nowhere close to becoming a #1 like many here seem to think. He was a reach and most people knew it when he was picked. I accidentally cussed on the phone when the pick was made.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher is not in trouble that is ridiculous. His second year here Bradford didn't make it to November and Fisher HAS to win next year. :slap:

They were on pace for very good offensive passing numbers with Bradford in there. The receivers were progressing and the run game was coming around. Teams know with Clemens in there they can load up in the box and Clemens cannot beat them with this young group.

The offensive line has been a carousel and today they did not have their best 5 on the field.

They have not opened up the play book because Clemens cannot execute all the throws. He has played his butt off and I really think he has done a lot better than most gave him credit for when Bradford first went down. But there are a lot of other areas that need improvement still and even with Bradford they would be about 2 wins better than they are right now.

Fisher is not in trouble

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's progressed to what? A WR that's still pretty bad. He's nowhere close to becoming a #1 like many here seem to think. He was a reach and most people knew it when he was picked. I accidentally cussed on the phone when the pick was made.

Well... He's been better this year than last.

This position is littered with slow developing guys.

Next year is a big proving ground for him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As for Quick he will be a lot better playing with Bradford next year than we are seeing right now. And there are other teams he would be invisible with, the QB has to throw it his way for him to have any impact. And there are other teams with worse QBs than Clemens.

This has been a lost season for the team for a while, they just need to keep working and targeting next year for a breakout year for this team.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well... He's been better this year than last.

This position is littered with slow developing guys.

Next year is a big proving ground for him.

Improving from last season isn't saying much. He still doesn't know what routes to run, has balls hitting him in the head, can't catch, doesn't have the trust of the QB's or the coaches, etc.

And are the players slow to develop or did people over-hype them? Perhaps it's the coaching? I personally think it's a mix of over-hyping and bad coaching.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Yes true.

I recall someone that posts here stating that there would be no drop off from Bradford to Clemens.
I resisted the obvious temptation to respond to that ridiculous statement.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Improving from last season isn't saying much. He still doesn't know what routes to run, has balls hitting him in the head, can't catch,

Most of those things happened 6 or 7 games ago. He had 0 targets today. That is bad game planning and too much pressure on Clemens.
Last week 4 targets 3 reception and a TD

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Well said. It makes me cringe when I run into people with that mindset. All you have to do is watch these last two games to see how we look with no run game. Bradford actually looks even better to me because he still put up points and really good stats despite no running game. We need more playmakers, IMO.

RamEERS

Pastor
quite frankly.. i think even if we drafted jeffery... we would say we should've drafted Quick... especially in this offense..

V3

Hall of Fame
Most of those things happened 6 or 7 games ago. He had 0 targets today. That is bad game planning and too much pressure on Clemens.
Last week 4 targets 3 reception and a TD

If you want to believe in him, go ahead. I'm done with him. He's never going to be anywhere near what Fisher and Snead said he'd be, IMO.

jjab360

Legend
quite frankly.. i think even if we drafted jeffery... we would say we should've drafted Quick... especially in this offense..
You're wrong. Jeffery is far more talented than Quick with elite hands, ball skills, high point ability, and post up skills. These are all things that he showed in college and shaky ball skills and lack of separation are what Quick showed in college, especially in the senior bowl. Why the Rams staff expected these things to change especially with Jeffery coming out of the SEC and Quick coming out of the Sun Belt conference is beyond me. Perhaps it was something that Jeffery said in an interview that put them off him, but in the end all they did was try to outsmart the facts and came up empty. Chalk it up to experience, I suppose, let's just hope they don't make the same mistake again.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If you want to believe in him, go ahead. I'm done with him. He's never going to be anywhere near what Fisher and Snead said he'd be, IMO.
That you are not a fan is obvious, you are welcome to that. Hpwever the post about getting hit in the head running the wrong routes etc just has not been true or obvious like they were earlier this year. In fact Clemens pointed out that Quick has been working hard putting in extra time and making strides each week. He may never develop and then again he might be a beast for the next 5 years playing regularly with a QB that can get him the ball on a team that can complete and has both a decent running game and passing game.