Quick would be productive on any other team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I think it's way too early to give up on Quick. I'm down on his play but I'm not down on his skills. His skills give him a chance he can make it IMO. It's pretty tough to improve with Clemens at QB.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't understand what everyone sees in Quick. I'm not saying give up on him, It's just I don't see him being a great WR in the NFL.. He has size but doesn't use it all that well. His route running and hands are below average and he's very inconsistent. Idk. I just don't see it.

jjab360

Legend
I don't understand what everyone sees in Quick. I'm not saying give up on him, It's just I don't see him being a great WR in the NFL.. He has size but doesn't use it all that well. His route running and hands are below average and he's very inconsistent. Idk. I just don't see it.
I'd love to hear what people see in him as well other than he's big and somewhat fast.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Texans targets 2 recpetions 1 TD 1
Colts targets 0
Bears targets 2 receptions 2
9ers targets 4 receptions 3 TD 1
Cards target 0
Titans targets 2 receptions 2

So in the last 6 games 10 targets 8 receptions and 2 TDs

A55VA6

Legend
Texans targets 2 recpetions 1 TD 1
Colts targets 0
Bears targets 2 receptions 2
9ers targets 4 receptions 3 TD 1
Cards target 0
Titans targets 2 receptions 2

So in the last 6 games 10 targets 8 receptions and 2 TDs
Tell me how much of those targets and catches were in garbage time?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Quick does something that no one else does on this team, and that is make catches with defenders on him, like the TD vs 49ers. He is inconsistent, but not as inconsistent as before and he can only improve with more playing time.

jjab360

Legend
Quick does something that no one else does on this team, and that is make catches with defenders on him, like the TD vs 49ers. He is inconsistent, but not as inconsistent as before and he can only improve with more playing time.
Pettis and Cook both make catches with defenders draped over them a lot more regularly than Quick does.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

Agreed. I was never a big believer in him from the time we drafted him. Size & speed doesn't matter if you can't apply it. People keep extending their deadlines on him. Just wait til next year. Quick is supposed to be "the" WR for Fish, but that shouldn't hold them back from nabbing a talent like Evans if he's there this year. If he pans out, great. Just one more weapon, but we should still continue to add talent to the WR position. Having 2+ good WRs is a good problem to have for a team. Did ATL stop when they had White and say, "we're good, we have a #1." No, they added Julio. Same with Chicago when they got Jeffrey.

Imo long term Sted will be a very solid #2 in this league, a WR with poor many Steve Smith skills. I projected him to overtake Pettis/Quick as #2 sometime this year. Givens can still be a solid WR for us, but I'd like to upgrade WR1. Remember, he was a 4th rd pick. If anyone should be mad at a Rams WR it should be Quick for being a 2nd rounder.

I think all the pass catchers will benefit greatly from having a QB that can throw an accurate ball in 2014. KC throws low, high, ahead, behind, late too often. Not to mention his velocity is weak past 10-15 yards. Seems like deep balls are more like predetermined prayers, as opposed to the calculate throws Sam made. He has to put the ball on such a high arc just to get it 35-40 its got punt hangtime.

Having said that, the WRs that will benefit most from Sam's return next year will be Pettis (if he makes the team) & CG. Those guys have a special chemistry with Sam & imo Pettis is Sam's most trusted target, especially in the clutch (see Buffalo). Notice Pettis' stat projections (TDs, catches, yards) all projected as career highs before Sam went down. No he's nearly invisible. CG hasn't had the deep ball opportunities this year, and when he has, they haven't been quality chances, bc well, Kellen... I think Lance has good chemistry with Sam too.

Cook, Tavon, and the others will benefit too, but the above WRs have seen a noticeable drop off in reps/targets following Sam's exit.

2014 gon be that year!

TexasRam

Legend
QUick might be like some of the other WR's that took many years to develop. It Happens. Maybe with his next team.

We need a WR Bad. A possesion, go to WR. A proven one. Not a project. A Boldin, Fitz, Wayne. Whatever. Guy that can consistently make plays in clutch.

nighttrain

Legend
As for Quick he will be a lot better playing with Bradford next year than we are seeing right now. And there are other teams he would be invisible with, the QB has to throw it his way for him to have any impact. And there are other teams with worse QBs than Clemens.

This has been a lost season for the team for a while, they just need to keep working and targeting next year for a breakout year for this team.
SB went down and our season was over
train

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Ah. Thanks didn't know that about him.

Cosell said when he watched the tape on Clemens it became clear that the Rams don't trust him to do anything. Other teams figure that out and then you get what we got the last 2 weeks. It's over now. The last 3 weeks will be awful. Fisher has his hand full keep the young guys playing hard. They all know the seasons over for them. This is one depressed locker room.

I'm telling you guys, Fisher has got to win next year or it's gonna get so bad.
True, the whole team, defense included depends on the run game eating time off of the clock. But teams have known that about us for months.

I'm not saying that there isn't truth in that, but it's not like it's a news flash that we've leaned on the running game like a crutch since the Bradford injury.

Sure, we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but I don't think the last 3 weeks are going to be that bad. We've just faced two good defenses in a row.

Besides, I kind of look at it like this. If New Orleans really kills us bad it'll just highlight just how bad our secondary is and puts an end to the perpetual patchwork attention to the secondary.

Anyway, I really think our defense can hold off the Buccaneers long enough to eak out a win.

V3

Hall of Fame
That you are not a fan is obvious, you are welcome to that. Hpwever the post about getting hit in the head running the wrong routes etc just has not been true or obvious like they were earlier this year. In fact Clemens pointed out that Quick has been working hard putting in extra time and making strides each week. He may never develop and then again he might be a beast for the next 5 years playing regularly with a QB that can get him the ball on a team that can complete and has both a decent running game and passing game.

Him getting hit in the head wasn't that many games ago. He still looks lost in most games. Holt has even talked about it. That's a big reason they STILL don't play him that much. The coaches and QB's just don't trust him to do what he's supposed to do. And that quote from Clemens is just typical cliche talk. They've been saying that about him since last year.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Actually. Besides the td vs 49ers most of his catches come in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. I don't blame him I blame coaches. If he was on any other team he would be productive

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Him getting hit in the head wasn't that many games ago. He still looks lost in most games. Holt has even talked about it. That's a big reason they STILL don't play him that much. The coaches and QB's just don't trust him to do what he's supposed to do. And that quote from Clemens is just typical cliche talk. They've been saying that about him since last year.

Before yesterday he's been getting the 3rd most snaps. There playing him Clemens. Just doesn't look his way.

V3

Hall of Fame
Before yesterday he's been getting the 3rd most snaps. There playing him Clemens. Just doesn't look his way.

And why doesn't he (or Bradford when he was still playing) look his way much? It's because the QB's don't trust Quick to be where he's supposed to be, be open, and/or catch the ball. It's all about TRUST. You could tell who Palmer trusted yesterday. Even when Fitz was covered, Palmer still trusted that Fitz would be able to come down with the ball or at the very least prevent it from being intercepted. With WR's like Quick, they aren't going to beat CB's with speed or quickness. They're going to beat them with good route running and/or being able to fight for the ball. Quick does neither well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It was Bradford that hit him in the head. And the talk from Holt is the typical great guy that is now a talking head for the media.

V3

Hall of Fame
It was Bradford that hit him in the head. And the talk from Holt is the typical great guy that is now a talking head for the media.

I guess Holt doesn't know much about playing the position. I see.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I guess Holt doesn't know much about playing the position. I see.
Holt knows a lot about it that doesn't mean he knows how to evaluate or even teach others. Some of the greats just don't understand how something can be so easy for them but others can't duplicate.

No need to get snarky because you don't agree

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Pettis and Cook both make catches with defenders draped over them a lot more regularly than Quick does.

Pettis makes catches on short routes but he often times his jumps poorly on vertical routes. Quick isn't targeted much so course he doesn't do it regularly.