QB Rankings and YOUR Input

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bradford will stay in the middle of the pack until he puts it together on the field, which will be this season. then he will be entrenched in the top 10, possibly good enough to be top 5.

would i rather have any other qb play for the rams? no, i wouldn't. maybe arod or brees. but that's just me.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are my thought about your list:

Thanks for the input. Just wanted to make sure my list wasn't any specific order, as I mentioned. Just named them as I thought of them. Good point about the "team" debate. You could argue that you can't truly put your talent and potential on show if you are on a crummy team, but then there are those who do prove why they are "elite" even when they are on a crummy team.

The "solid group"...these guys aren't superstars, and chances are won't ever be. They have issues but their good play over comes that.

11. Russell Wilson (I want to rank him lower, but can't; that team just doesn't rely on him but he'll make the play when you need it. I can't freakin stand it)
12. Joe Flacco
13. Nick Foles
14. Cam Newton
15. Andy Dalton
16. Matthew Stafford
17. Jay Cutler
18. Alex Smith
19. Sam Bradford
20. Colin Kaepernick
^^^^and granted from 15-20, you can make a case that any of those guys to be ranked higher or lower

The "oh crap he's our starter?" group. Time to start thinking about a replacement.
32. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Great list, love it. I can agree with it. And also, like you said, for that second tier almost any of them could be flip flopped around (perhaps depending on a season's performance). I was also a bit surprised with your ranking of Matt Ryan, even excluding his performance from last year. Seemed a bit high to me but I guess I could see it either way. I also LOL'd at the Ryan Fitzpatrick category haha.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thanks for the input. Just wanted to make sure my list wasn't any specific order, as I mentioned. Just named them as I thought of them. Good point about the "team" debate. You could argue that you can't truly put your talent and potential on show if you are on a crummy team, but then there are those who do prove why they are "elite" even when they are on a crummy team.

Great list, love it. I can agree with it. And also, like you said, for that second tier almost any of them could be flip flopped around (perhaps depending on a season's performance). I was also a bit surprised with your ranking of Matt Ryan, even excluding his performance from last year. Seemed a bit high to me but I guess I could see it either way. I also LOL'd at the Ryan Fitzpatrick category haha.
I understand your tier concept, but the first tier seem ranked to me. My comments stand about the risers and fallers (positions), just drop them into the 2nd tier, if you will, and you get what I'm saying. I just wanted to comment on each QB that you listed, and what I think of them, and why.

Good post.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Question: Is this list based on the entire 2013 Season of these QB's vs Bradfords 7 weeks of Play, or are all Stats cut off after wk. 7 to keep if Fare and accurate!?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Actually, the reason I ticked down Matt Ryan is because he showed that he can't overcome adversity such as his #1 WR going down, having a bad, o-line, having a bad defense, etc. I would say Sam has done O.K. overcoming some of those obstacles. You do have a good point about rankings changing, but that's the whole point of them haha. I mean it's like the power rankings, we all know that we're going to be frustrated with them 99% of the time but you can't resist looking at them, no? :)

I would say that is a lot to overcome. When your best WR is Harry Douglas, your team has the worst rushing attack in the NFL, your offensive line can't block for more than 2 seconds, and your defense just sucks, I'd say he did pretty decent for his circumstance.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I copied and pasted your guys to ease up on the typing, then added more guys who IMO have better QB skills and who could do better than, and no worse than Kaepernick in that offense in SF.
No order:

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Phil Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Tony Romo
Andrew Luck
Russel Wilson
Colin Kaepernick
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Nick Foles
Bradford
Matt Ryan
Stafford
RG3
Carson Palmer
Jay Cutler
Matt Shaub
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Cassell
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Thats 22 QB's off the top of my head. A couple of those guys have fallen on hard times...BUT, i contend that all of these QB's have superior QB skills and if put into the same situation as Kaepernick in SF would look better than Kap.
He is a one-read and scramble QB in my eyes. Probably the most superior athlete among QB's, but severely lacking in the skills that all of the QB's i listed above have displayed regularly.

Nice list of 22 QB's. While I may disagree respectfully with some of the order the point I want to make is that there is 32 teams.. Towards the bottom of that list it gets kinda sketchy talent wise so what's the other ten teams putting out there for 16 games.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question: Is this list based on the entire 2013 Season of these QB's vs Bradfords 7 weeks of Play, or are all Stats cut off after wk. 7 to keep if Fare and accurate!?

However you want to rank it. I was taking into account each player's career and basing it off what they have accomplished, overcome, etc. I would like to say my opinions are based on "Who would I have in any given situation?" Would I want Peyton Manning in a regular season game with little to no implications to it? Yes, but would I want him in the playoffs? Probably not because of his track record of choking when it matters most. That said, I would still take him over Bradford.

A better example is Cutler and Bradford. Yeah, Cutler makes some great plays, but he has shown me too many times that he can make silly mistakes like trying to force it to Marshall even if he's triple covered. He makes bad decisions more often than Bradford in my opinion. Therefore, I would rather take Bradford.