QB Rankings and YOUR Input

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Hey everyone, with the NFL doing the Top 100 rankings lately I thought I would go ahead make a ranking of the starting QBs and see where our beloved Bradford ranks. Thought it might be a fun debate to get other people's opinions and see what everyone else has to say. It definitely gets harder once you get into the middle third of the rankings.

Also, I'm not necessarily going off of who has better stats. The way I'm looking at it is more "Who would I rather have if in any given situation?" Feel free to use any stats to make your rankings, but take other factors into consideration as well.

Please, let's try to keep it civil. And try to be realistic and honest as well. Also, lets' try to keep on topic, don't get off topic and start debating what teams make their QB's better, etc. Thank you.

Here's my list. Please note that this isn't in any particular order, just listing them as I think of them:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Phil Rivers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck

Here is a list of QB's I would rank close to Bradford, still better, but just by a hair:

1. Russel Wilson
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Joe Flacco
4. Andy Dalton
5. Cam Newton
6. Nick Foles
Here is where Bradford goes

So that means I would have Bradford ranked at #15 out of all the starters. He's ahead of the likes of RG3, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, and all the others (in my eyes). I could go back and forth on having a few ranked ahead of Bradford, like Dalton and Cam, but the others are pretty set in stone.

Yes it pains me to put Wilson and Kaepernick above Bradford, but I just can't justify putting Sam ahead of them considering what the other two have accomplished ("team" debate aside).

Last edited:

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just basing it on the 2013 and previous seasons right now. That's how the top 100 does it. Come on, I know you have some kind of an opinion ;)

jjab360

Legend
Honestly, it's so close together within certain tiers and the list is going to get so twisted around once next season begins that I really don't see the point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just basing it on the 2013 and previous seasons right now. That's how the top 100 does it. Come on, I know you have some kind of an opinion ;)
I mean, he's probably middle of the pack right now, but I honestly see him doing better than 10 other QBs on that list this year. Since QBs typically get the lion's share of praise when a team does well, I guess I can't argue with what you've put together. You know if you asked this question last year, then Matt Ryan is somewhere in the top 8 and not lingering around towards the middle. But because his team won 4 games, he gets penalized. So when the Rams win 11 games this year, I'll have a different answer.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I would place Bradford ahead of Dalton, Kaepernick, and Romo. Also Peyton Manning would head the list.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If Kaepernick is the 10th rated QB in the league then Johnny Hekker is somewhere around 40th.
Hyperbole yes...but still. Come on.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Honestly, it's so close together within certain tiers and the list is going to get so twisted around once next season begins that I really don't see the point.

The point is, it's the off-season and what else are we to talk about? Haha.

I mean, he's probably middle of the pack right now, but I honestly see him doing better than 10 other QBs on that list this year. Since QBs typically get the lion's share of praise when a team does well, I guess I can't argue with what you've put together. You know if you asked this question last year, then Matt Ryan is somewhere in the top 8 and not lingering around towards the middle. But because his team won 4 games, he gets penalized. So when the Rams win 11 games this year, I'll have a different answer.

Actually, the reason I ticked down Matt Ryan is because he showed that he can't overcome adversity such as his #1 WR going down, having a bad, o-line, having a bad defense, etc. I would say Sam has done O.K. overcoming some of those obstacles. You do have a good point about rankings changing, but that's the whole point of them haha. I mean it's like the power rankings, we all know that we're going to be frustrated with them 99% of the time but you can't resist looking at them, no? :)

To be fair I've only watched 2 full games of Luck in the NFL, he threw a combined 6 INTs and had a forced fumble returned for a TD so I don't think he's that good.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
If Kaepernick is the 10th rated QB in the league then Johnny Hekker is somewhere around 40th.
Hyperbole yes...but still. Come on.

Please read my whole post. I made sure to state "Please note that this isn't in any particular order, just listing them as I think of them"

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
I would place Bradford ahead of Dalton, Kaepernick, and Romo. Also Peyton Manning would head the list.

Fair enough. As I mentioned, Dalton and Kaepernick were tough for me. Maybe only a hair better, if that. Romo is one of those guys who can play great and then play awful all of the sudden so I can see that as well.

To be fair I've only watched 2 full games of Luck in the NFL, he threw a combined 6 INTs and had a forced fumble returned for a TD so I don't think he's that good.

But did he find a way to win those games (with his team)? Chances are the answer is yes, but fair point. Actually never mind, cause one of them was probably the Rams game from last year lol.

Fair enough. As I mentioned, Dalton and Kaepernick were tough for me. Maybe only a hair better, if that. Romo is one of those guys who can play great and then play awful all of the sudden so I can see that as well.

But did he find a way to win those games (with his team)? Chances are the answer is yes, but fair point. Actually never mind, cause one of them was probably the Rams game from last year lol.

Yeah he got pulled from one of them because he was made to look like a poor man's Blaine Gabbert.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Hey everyone, with the NFL doing the Top 100 rankings lately I thought I would go ahead make a ranking of the starting QBs and see where our beloved Bradford ranks. Thought it might be a fun debate to get other people's opinions and see what everyone else has to say. It definitely gets harder once you get into the middle third of the rankings.

Also, I'm not necessarily going off of who has better stats. The way I'm looking at it is more "Who would I rather have if in any given situation?" Feel free to use any stats to make your rankings, but take other factors into consideration as well.

Please, let's try to keep it civil. And try to be realistic and honest as well. Also, lets' try to keep on topic, don't get off topic and start debating what teams make their QB's better, etc. Thank you.

Here's my list. Please note that this isn't in any particular order, just listing them as I think of them:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Phil Rivers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck

Here is a list of QB's I would rank close to Bradford, still better, but just by a hair:

1. Russel Wilson
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Joe Flacco
4. Andy Dalton
5. Cam Newton
6. Nick Foles
Here is where Bradford goes

So that means I would have Bradford ranked at #15 out of all the starters. He's ahead of the likes of RG3, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, and all the others (in my eyes). I could go back and forth on having a few ranked ahead of Bradford, like Dalton and Cam, but the others are pretty set in stone.

Yes it pains me to put Wilson and Kaepernick above Bradford, but I just can't justify putting Sam ahead of them considering what the other two have accomplished ("team" debate aside).

Kaep over Bradford?
Not me. Kaep is a quasi running back on a good team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Please read my whole post. I made sure to state "Please note that this isn't in any particular order, just listing them as I think of them"
Ok, but they are in order in terms of tiers yeah? So at the very least you've got Kap ranked 15th. Am i right?

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Yeah he got pulled from one of them because he was made to look like a poor man's Blaine Gabbert.

He did look pretty good in the playoffs against the Chiefs aside from all of his turnovers, but he made a great comeback.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Ok, but they are in order in terms of tiers yeah? So at the very least you've got Kap ranked 15th. Am i right?

Yes sir you are correct. If you don't think Kap is 15th or higher that's fine by me. I'm curious where you would place him, and who would be ahead of him as well. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Kaep over Bradford?
Not me. Kaep is a quasi running back on a good team.

Fair enough. I tried to be objective and look at it from a non-homer standpoint haha. He does make some good throws in my opinion, but he's more of a runner, I agree.

He did look pretty good in the playoffs against the Chiefs aside from all of his turnovers, but he made a great comeback.

Wouldn't of needed to make a comeback if he wasn't so awful to start with, besides the Chiefs are vastly overrated, what were they 1-7 against teams with winning records? We were better with Clemens.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Wouldn't of needed to make a comeback if he wasn't so awful to start with, besides the Chiefs are vastly overrated, what were they 1-7 against teams with winning records? We were better with Clemens.

Yeah he dug them in that hole but at least he brought em back. And yes, I agree with you on the chiefs being overrated. Hence why I don't have Alex Smith ahead of Bradford.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The point is, it's the off-season and what else are we to talk about? Haha.

Actually, the reason I ticked down Matt Ryan is because he showed that he can't overcome adversity such as his #1 WR going down, having a bad, o-line, having a bad defense, etc. I would say Sam has done O.K. overcoming some of those obstacles. You do have a good point about rankings changing, but that's the whole point of them haha. I mean it's like the power rankings, we all know that we're going to be frustrated with them 99% of the time but you can't resist looking at them, no? :)
You said in your opening not to include things like how good the team is, it appears you are not able to follow your own criteria. Guess it isn't simple as it looks.

Kaeperdick in the top 10 please you invalidate and thing with that, he is a developing athlete not a QB who should not be in the top 15.

Bradford would be in my top 12

Manning
Bradey
Rogers
Brees
Newton
Rivers

Rothlisburger
Stafford
Ryan
Bradford
Luck